Wall Street Oasis is looking for one-twoto help me manage our content, specifically the homepage, forum and blog content, and help manage the contributing authors.
The internship is unpaid, but tangible/intangible benefits you will receive are listed below. You will be working remotely and communicating with me at least once per week (via chat/email).
If you're looking for that internship to get your foot in the door and fill your resume with some real-world experience for a large financial community, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- You have a strong interest in learning about content management (with a focus on finance related content)
- You have a strong interest in learning about the inner-workings of a successful online forum/website
- Knowledge of what WSO is all about (ie study our About Us page, browse through our homepage content, and watch this interview with patrick on Mixergy)
- You are a very MOTIVATED SELF-STARTER WITH ASOLID WORK ETHIC, AND THE ABLILITY TO MEET DEADLINES
- Can commit to 10+ hours per week availability.
- Current university student or recent graduate
- Able to respond to emails promptly during weekdays (unless you give me advanced notice)
- I don't care what your background is, what your stats are, I just want candidates who can be 100% committed to the internship.
Bonus qualities I will take into consideration but not required:
- Solid track record as a poster on WSO (good sb:ms ratio, and have been a good contribitutor to the site)
- Experience with online content managementg
- Social media experience
- Experience with html
- Strong knowledge of finance principals
Examples of some the tasks you will be doing:
- Helping format the posts by our contributing authors (they will submit the post to you in word and I will need you to create the post on our site, implementing basic html. The html easy to learn and I can quickly teach it.
- Help me create the weekly wrap up post
- Helping me find old high-quality content to "bump" to the top of the forums for those who have never seen it
- Help me identify the best forum posts and comments of the day
- Help come up with new topic ideas for our contributing authors
- Help me manage our syndications
- Help faciliate and organize our q&a's and interviews
- Other content related tasks which I will elaborate on later
- Start date: Training would begin Mid-November
- Internship term: 4 months minimum (till Mid April)
- Hours per week: ~5-10 depending on the week
- I am very flexible in allowing for time off for mid-terms/finals/job interviews/vacation etc.
Tangible Benefits for you:
- Free access to all WSO Guides (1 after 2 weeks of solid work, 5 more after 6 weeks of solid work, and the addt'l 5 after completion of the internship), the new PE prep pack is not included
- Free access to WSO job board for one-year (after full-completion of internship)
- Free access to WSO Video Library for 3 months
Intangible benefits: - i.e. what you will learn
- Finance: You will have a ton of exposure to online finance content (blogs/articles/news/authors etc.)
- Online-content: you will learn how content management works for a large online community. You will learn what makes a good post and what makes a poor post.
- Interns that work hard and prove themselves have potential to move up the ranks and work on higher level projects in specific areas you're interested in.
- I've had several in the past, so I know how it is - I am trying to design this internship to be as beneficial for you as possible.
- See below for what Patrick can offer
To apply: please email me (subject: "Content Management Internship") at [email protected] your resume and the answers to the following questions:
- A brief rundown of your experience with WSO
- Current status (student / graduate)
- A confirmation that you meet the aforementioned skills/requirements, and any of the bonus skills you possess
- Your current availability: hours per week you can commit to, time off needed (for mid-terms/finals/travel etc) & until what date you can commit to. Please think about this carefully as I need committed people here and if you tell me you can do 4 months, then I expect you working for 4 months
- What is a specific example you can describe to me that shows you are hard-working?
- What is a specific example you can describe to me that shows you are detail-orientated?
- What is one unique thing I should know about you in considering you for this internship?
After you apply I will set you up with a phone interview with me and send you a sample project to look over. If accepted, you will have 2 week trial period during which both sides can decide if it is a good fit or not.