Do I need the CPA designation to land a finance job?
For most accounting positions, obviously attaining a CPA is seen as a big plus to potential employers. Much like the, the CPA designation will not land you a job, but it could make you more competitive.
If you do earn the CPA, employers can be confident that your knowledge of accounting will be sound. The value of attaining a CPA outside of accounting, however, is often called into question for other careers in finance.
Relevant Discussions on Wall Street Oasis:
- Is a CPA Helpful in Landing an IB Offer?
- CPA vs MBA
- Which is More Important, CFA or CPA?
- Certifications: Do I need to pass the CFA to get a job?
- Certifications: Will the CAIA help my job prospects?
- Search WSO for "Does a CPA help?"
- Relevant WSO Forums: Get a Job
- Relevant WSO Guides: A Look Behind the Wall: An Overview of Six Wall Street Career Paths and Networking Guide
- Relevant WSO Services: Finance Resume Review