Click here for our Consulting forums. It is where we discuss the industry as well as different firms and groups.
These are a collection of some of the best discussions created for and replied to by members of the WSO community on the topic of Management Consulting. Keep in mind this is by no means a comprehensive list and reading old and current posts will help you learn more about the industry. If you think we missed one that should be included here, please e-mail [email protected] the request.
Q&A & Interview posts withprofessionals:
- Accepted Accelerated MBB FT Offer, Open to Questions
- MBB Consultant Answering Your Questions
- MBB Consulting Q&A
- Interview with a former D1 Football Player - Now Consultant, Part 1Interview with a former D1 Football Player - Now Consultant, Part 2
- Spent 3 Years at MBB Ask Me Anything - Came from a non-target, spent 3 years at an , and is now headed to a MM PE firm - ask him anything!
- Economic Consulting Q&A - An economic consultant at a major firm answers questions about what the job entails, interviews, exit opps, and more.
Recent hire and career counselor gives his impressions of the recruiting and interview processes.
consultant finishing his stint answers any consulting questions, including getting in, the job itself, and exit opportunities.
consultant working for 5+ months answers questions regarding his background, recruiting, on the job, etc.
Consultant working in customer impact and product innovation within financial services, former D1 athlete, shares his toughts.
See the full list of Q&A's & Interviews here: here.
Is Management Consulting Right For Me?
-Consulting vs. F500: A new user asks whether it would be better to take a job at McKinsey, Bain, or BCG or at a Fortune 500 company for a larger salary
-Is Consulting Fun?: WSO users discuss why they like and dislike management consulting
-whether to choose consulting or banking, look no further& Co vs. (undergrad): If you're not sure about
Getting a Job
-Offer Negotiation: This is a great discussion on if, why, and how you would go about negotiating a starting salary at a management consulting firm
-Problem Solving Test (McKinsey's problem solving test): WSO users share their experiences with and knowledge of
Life in Consulting
-Compensation: The Consulting Cabaret hosts a discussion on first year consulting salaries for a number of different firms
-Changing Office Location: 2x2Matrix asks the community how difficult it is to change your office location in management consulting when in an entry level position
-Expense Accounts: A number of users chime in on their experience with and use ofexpense accounts at management consulting firms
-Life at the Top: This discussion has users sharing their views on and experience with the partner lifestyle in management consulting
-Pay for MBA?: This discussion shares different views on management consulting firms paying for a Masters of Business Administration, or MBA, but be sure to note that many firms have different policies regarding paying for an employees tuition and/or living expenses
Management Consulting Firms
-Compensation: WSO users discuss the difference in compensation found at management consulting, specifically McKinsey, Bain, and BCG firms in the United States
-Life in Consulting: A 2nd year analyst answers a number of questions about life as a management consultant at a firm similar to Booz / /
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on investment banking?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on trading?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on private equity?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on hedge funds?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on equity research?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on venture capital?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on asset management?
- Where can I find some of the best discussions on corporate careers?