Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Kelley School of Business recruiting power Can anyone speak specifically to the OCR and name brand recognition for a Kelley MBA in Chicago? Obviously, Booth Kellogg and Ross are going to reign supreme, but will a Kelley MBA get you in the door a good % of the time? ...
Normal topic
Best mfin/mfe programs for investment research? Aside from princeton mfin, which is obviously the best program. A friend is planning on applying next year and is looking at the following programs: berkeley mfe, uchicago msfm, columbia financial engineering, nyu mathematical finance, london business finance. He's open to S&T but ideal job is ...
Normal topic
LSE / Judge for MSc/MPhil in Management ?Hello everyone, I'm a French guy applying to a bunch of BS. In addition to the usual top 3 French (HEC / ESSEC / ESCP), I'm considering applying for BS in the UK. I'm currently getting a Master's Degree in International Security with a focus on Energy, so my goal would be to work as a strategy analy...
Normal topic
Remove post 123Remove post 123 ...
Normal topic
MSF/MAcc Now, or In One Year?Hello all, I have a question for all of you fellow Master students who have placed/are looking to place into high finance roles. Currently waiting on a top-MSF (Villanova), and I have been accepted into lower tier MSF programs (Tulane, Pepperdine, and Houston) also USC MAcc. I did not get my GMAT as...
Normal topic
IE Business School vs. Cranfield School of ManagmentHi guys, I am new to this forum but I have read some discussion about b-school comparisons and I wondered if you could provide me some help. I was accepted to the Msc in Finance at IE and the MSc in Finance & Management at Cranfield and I am not sure which one enjoys a better reputation. Accordi...
Normal topic
Please help! UC Berkeley vs Western OntatioHi! I'm currently debating between going to UCB or UWO for undergrad. I don't have a specific career path in mind yet, but IB, VC, finance, and entrepreneurship are pretty interesting to me. UWO: -got AEO for the HBA program ( of course, no guarantee for Ivey) -recieved some scholarship money -tuiti...
Normal topic
Looking for DegreeI am thinking to persue a career in commodities with an inclination to energy and metals (currently doing an engineering undergraduate) . I am torn between different Msc degrees like: Msc Shipping Trade & Finance, Cass Business School, London Msc Energy Trade & Finance, Cass Business School,...
Normal topic
Masters of Financial Economics from Canadian school, anyone?I am in my 4th year undergrad from non-target school in Canada but have internship experience at a pension fund and at a boutique IB . I dont have a full time offer but I got accepted to a masters of financial economics program at one of the schools in Ontario. Program is 16 mos, with 4 mos internsh...
Normal topic
Big Four Accounting Firm or Smaller Regional Firm?I am graduating undergrad in December, and I am looking to go into public accounting for a few years before going to b-school and hopefully jumping into investment banking or private equity. Would it be better to work for a Big 4 accounting firm where I would only work in audit or tax, or would it ...
Hot topic
Will not taking regular Calculus as an undergrad hurt me in the long run?Right now in undergrad I have the option to take Pre Calc, then Calc. However accounting majors are recommended to take Business Calc (which I am taking right now and find very, very simple) which does not require Pre Calc because there is mostly no graphing or anything. If I take this bus calc clas...
Normal topic
Lower Level Graduate Degree?I am considering getting my masters in economics or an MBA. I'm leaning towards economics because I don't want to have to go through the management and marketing classes, etc. I just want to learn about Finance and Economics. I presently am in charge of fuel supply and purchasing for a fuel wholesal...
Normal topic
S3 Asia MBA Program?Sup guys, does anyone know of how this MBA program is (http://www.s3-asiamba.com/main.do)? Obviously you can find the rankings for the individual schools in the program, but overall how is it seen by people? I'm currently at a non-target liberal arts school and looking to rebrand myself with an MBA ...
Normal topic
Do I Have a Shot at a Top 10 MBA Program?I am just curious as to people's thoughts on my story having a chance at getting into a good school given these conditions: - I went to a regional college with a full scholarship my freshman year, got a 3.4 and transferred to a better school (it was top 10 for my program but only ranked between 40 a...
Normal topic
McCombs MBA - Venture Labs??Does anyone have any experience or know any thing about this: http://venturefellows.org/overview Is the venture fellows program at McCombs really as great as it looks? Internships at PE/VC firms in Austin....possibly leading to full-time positions? ...
Normal topic
Career prospect of international MSF graduate in USA without prior work experienceHello all. I really need your valuable advice to decide my future. I will be completing my Undergrad this year and I intend to apply for MSF so that i can start from next year. I dont have any professional work experience. But my undergrad CGPA is 3.8+ on a scale of 4. My expected GMAT score is 680+...
Normal topic
IE/Brown Executie MBAInstituto de Empresa business school in Spain and Brown University have joined together to create an Executive MBA. Has anyone here have any thoughts on the program? Perhaps personal experience or secondary information regarding the program? How do people in Wall Street look at this degree? Any info...
0 n/a
Hot topic
Booth vs McCombs for O&G finance/consultingLong time lurker, first time poster. I was accepted to Booth (no $), Tuck ($) and McCombs ($$$) and I am still trying to make a decision on the school I should attend next year. My post-MBA goal is to work in Houston, either in O&G IB (indifferent between BB and boutiques) or in management consu...
Normal topic
US VS EUR BSCHOOLSFrom what i've heard & read, more and more people are turning to europe to obtain their business education, and that i prepares them better for the modern economy. How true is this? I've applied to the Rotterdam school of management in the Netherlands and Indiana university bloomington. Still wa...
Normal topic
Booth Part-Time VS McCombs Full-TimeI know that for career switchers full-time is the way to go but is the Booth name so strong that it can overcome the expected obstacles of the Part-time MBA recruiting process? In the long-run, there is no doubt that the Booth MBA will stand out much more than McCombs but are the short-term pitfall...
Normal topic
Which US firms recruit from Queen's Commerce for Investment Banking?Also, I'm trying to decide between QC and Ivey, and I know Ivey has an edge in terms of US recruitment, but is it a big difference? Or do I have the same shot if I go to Queen's? Some people say it is and some people say it isn't. I just wanted WSO's perspective on this. Thanks guys. ...
Hot topic
Top B-School Resume BooksHey guys, I'm looking for some good resume books. I already have some from a few years ago for Tuck, Darden, and Berkeley. I can post them if anyone here wants, but in the meantime Im looking for some other schools, or updated ones for the ones i already have. thanks a lot! ...
Normal topic
Schulich IMBA v/s Rotman MBA v/s Queen's MBAHi all, a newbie here... just looking for some opinions on Schulich (York) IMBA v/s Rotman (Toronto) MBA v/s Queen's MBA for eventually working in healthcare IT management. I was recently offered places on the first two for this Fall, and at Queen's for next year. My work background is in IT systems...
Hot topic
Schulich School of BusinessI'll be going to Schulich for the International Bachelor of Business Administration (iBBA) in September, so I was wondering what's its reputation on Wall Street? How does it stack up to Ivey or Queen's? How is the recruitment at Schulich? I've heard mixed reviews about Schulich, so any insight is gr...
Normal topic
gift for a new MBA studentMy best friend got married a month ago and is starting his MBA program in the summer. I would like to inquire what what is your opinion on the better gift? An android tablet (like the Galaxy Note or Asus Transformer) or something else like a color laser printer (full duplex/wifi) or any other sugges...

Pages