Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Transition to Equity Research/ Quant or do the shit I do!!My firs post here.I promise to come up with better posts as I read and learn more here ;) Long story short : The oft posted and much maligned story of an IT guy wanting to break into finance.Total IT experience of 9 years. Financial services Back office IT experience : 1 year The details: I did my B...
Normal topic
Best path for getting into top b-schoolI'm considering the possibility of going to business school in 5 years, and then transitioning into banking or consulting. I would like to attend a top ten school, ideally a top 7 I am graduating in a few months and am currently going into engineering at a very well known defense contractor. It so...
Hot topic
University of Florida Masters in ManagementAnyone on here know anything about the program? It looks to be structured quite similar to most one-year MiM's, minus the fact that it has 3 start dates throughout the year. What kind of companies recruit there? ...
Normal topic
Choosing a major at a non-targetStarting this fall I will be enrolling as an undergrad at American University in D.C. At the moment I am interested in going into S&T after graduation and hopefully working in NYC. Im having trouble choosing between majoring in History or in Finance (Kogod) . Im more interested in finance but I ...
Normal topic
How much does post grad increase your employability by?Hi guys, will be embarking on my degree in business soon, and was wondering whether i should further my studies upon graduation. Although it's still a good four years away, i'd like something to work forward to. Will most probably be majoring in finance. Should i take up a MSc in financial engineeri...
Normal topic
Master of Corporate Law?What are the grad studies related to law that a finance undergrad can pursue? For example I've seen on linkedin a guy with master of corporate law. He did an MBA at Harvard after, which flagged me he might have gotten in under very particular circumstances. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tha...
Normal topic
Studying the CFA Level 1 full-time in one month I will graduate from a Finance undergrad program in April and will have the whole month of May to study the CFA level I . Has anyone here passed it this way? Do you think it would be enough? I started to study last month but the problem with this strategy is that I tend to forget the bulk of what I...
Normal topic
Part-time MBA / Career AdviceI am currently working in audit at a Big 4 firm and working on breaking into PE. I know a full-time program is better for career changing, but my family situation (3 kids under the age of 5) largely prevents me from quitting my job for school. I will be attending the Rice MBA for Professionals pro...
Hot topic
NYU Stern or Barnard? I have to start off saying that I know it is hard for people to agree on which school is "BETTER." There is no such thing that some schools are definitely better than some other schools, because, in my opinion, education is education; competitiveness of students may vary, qualities of teaching may b...
Normal topic
UNC Kenan-Flager Admission TransferI am a newly admitted transfer student from St. Louis CC. My intended major is business, and I have recently found out that to be admitted in the business program at UNC(Kenan-Flager Business School), you have to again apply for their admission. After doing some research here and there, I understand...
Hot topic
GMAT Prep 700, Real test 640Hello all, I have been studying the GMAT for 9 months (including studying 3+ hours every single day for the last 3 months) and am truly "burnt out." I took two practice exams (GMAT Prep) 2 weeks before the real test and got a 700 and 710. On the real test I became so nervous I got a 640 (somehow my ...
Hot topic
GMAT Pill Has anyone tried the GMAT pill for their GMAT prep? I tried the search but all I found were sarcastic threads taking about adderal. Has anyone done the online GMAT pill prep? I tried looking other places for reviews but all I found were all 5 star reviews with everyone praising the program. It seem...
Normal topic
.redacted ~ thanks ...
Normal topic
pre-MBA trip to Tim Horton'sso ive been hearing some buzzing that rotman students are spending the end of June at Tim Horton's and also the next week is free coffee week at McDonald's...anyone can confirm? ...
0 n/a
Hot topic
Opportunities for internships in Seattle?Considering attending UW and was wondering how the internship opportunities are there? Hopefully with a good GPA and solid internships I could break into banking ...
Normal topic
LSE vs Full-TimeHi everybody long time reader, first time writer I'm trying to decide on which option of the two i should go for: Accept offer at LSE Msc in Finance (Full-Time) to start Fall '13 Or keep working at my current work place: I'm currently in FI Sales in a local office in EU for a BB firm (top 3/4 in my ...
Normal topic
Are Admissions Consultants Worth It? How Did You Choose Who To Work With?I'm 25 years old, currently a mechanical engineer at a small (~30 person) manufacturing firm. I received my undergrad in engineering and economics from a non-target public university with a 3.02 GPA. I'm looking to transition into finance, particularly investment banking and/or private equity. I do...
Normal topic
B-School Chances with Three Years Work ExperienceHi all, Was hoping to get some advice with regards to b-school as I'm considering going next year. Thinking I'd only go if I can get into a M7 and wondering what my chances would be like given my profile. My background is that I went to a top public (UVa/UMich/Berkeley) and did a double major in ma...
Normal topic
Is it easier to transfer to a target or to network my @ss off at a non-target? I'm an incoming freshman at a non-target in the northwest (UW Seattle), which has virtually zero OCR or any meaningful internships in the area. At this point, it's finance or death for me; I want to eventually do IBD or S&T. Would it be easier to break into the industry by either: A) Transferri...
Normal topic
Paying for MBAThe only MBA program that I've heard back from so far is extremely expensive. Though I qualify for the $20,500 federal loan, I still need like $40k to pay for just one year there. Worse yet, my credit just fell to its lowest score ever (under 600). Even if I pay down all my credit cards this month, ...
Normal topic
Chances for 2+2 and Stanford GSB deferredI am a 20-year old white male GPA: 3.7 GMAT: 720 (projected) I just finished sophomore year and I am majoring in Computer Science with a minor in Physics at a Big 10 University (not Michigan or Northwestern) I spent last summer working as a researcher in a physics lab doing work in lasers and nucl...
Normal topic
Transfer to Georgetown MSB?So I just got the acceptance letter to transfer to GTown MSB next year as an incoming sophomore and I'm really stoked about it. However I'm kind of wondering whether it might be a good idea to stay put where I am. I'm crushing it grade wise at my current semi-target (Emory, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt-es...
Normal topic
Choosing a MajorI am going to the University of Minnesota, and I am planning on doing a double major. I love business as a whole and am still not sure whether I want to do the IB/corporate finance thing or do something with starting a business/entrepreneurial. I am for sure majoring in finance, and I am just lookin...
Normal topic
(Economics and Mathematics) Vs (Computer Science and Mathematics)I am sophomore at a liberal arts college and I am working towards either a computer science & math double major or an economics & math double major. Keeping in mind that I have a strong understanding of the basics of both computer science and Economics (I have already done all the 100-200 le...
Normal topic
Associate with students like you.Would talking with students online that are going for the same career or major help with any questions you have? These students would be within your University or your neighboring ones. Also, your building a network to help get your career job. Lmk thanks ...

Pages