TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
What should I do if I want to become an investor?I currently run my own business. However, after reading so much about value investing, I've decided I want to dedicate my career to become an investor. I want to invest my money an othe people's money. Therefore, I need the "know how" of business valuation. I want to go to a program that will defini...
Normal topic
What are the best MBA programs that I can realistically get into?I am Canadian and would like to get into investment banking in Canada, but would be open to the US and the UK. I will be applying in a few years, but I am just wondering, given that I know what my profile will look like in a few years, which schools I have a chance of getting into. I have a 3.4GPA ...
Hot topic
Elite MBA Programs for Real EstateI am planning to apply to a few elite MBA programs this fall, but plan to focus on real estate development after graduation. I would be interested in hearing everyone's take on the top Business Schools for those interested in real estate. Schools like Harvard, Wharton, and UNC seem to have real esta...
Normal topic
Would I get into HBS or Wharton?Non target, 3.5 GPA, white, male, Football Team, President of Investment Club, Derivatives intern at Large multinational cusodian bank, Internship at top 10 hedge fund working on trading desk, SA S&T Fixed-Income at a BB, Series 7, CFA Level Two Candidate, Bloomberg Certified What schools do you...
Normal topic
Any Shot at NYU or Columbia?Top 65 Non-Target. 3.52 GPA Accounting Major. Going into my second year at a Big 4 in Internal Audit. Realizing that my only way into IB or anything in finance is through B-school. Do I have any shot at getting into NYU or Columbia's MBA programs? Any recommendations as to how I can better my o...
Normal topic
IESE MBA - Any current students or Alumni on WSO?Can anyone weigh in on their overall experience here? What companies do most students interested in IB and MBB end up at? It would be great to live in Europe, but I'm more concerned about placement strength. ...
Hot topic
Transfer from UT Austin to Northwestern?I just finished my freshman year at UT and I have been accepted as a transfer to Northwestern. Currently I'm studying Finance at McCombs but if I go to Northwestern I'll be studying economics/for the Kellogg Certificate. Is it worth it for me to leave UT? I'm an out-of-state student (I have an in-st...
Normal topic
How different is the MBA life compared to undergrad?I went to a large state school for undergrad and enjoyed every single bits of it. I look forward for an MBA, because asides from all the obvious reasons (job placement/network/etc.) I also want to go back to school for 2 more years and enjoy my life when I'm still young and can afford doing so witho...
Normal topic
Warwik Vs Lancaster Vs DurhamI have been offered a place at Warwick Business School for MSc Business (Finance and Accounts) and at Lancaster for MSc Finance. The Lancaster offer is with a 3,000 GBP scholarship. Cost is in no way a criterion, but quality of education, future job prospects, respect of degree, its international re...
Hot topic
Is it worth to go to Warwick?Hi to everyone! Recently I've got an offer from Warwick Business School for MSc in Finance and Information Technology. It is a new programme. Does anyone know about this programme? Is it a target one? I am hesitating accepting an offer and need your advice. Thank you in advance. ...
Normal topic
GMAT manhattanHi guys, Sorry for probably 'yet another' how to study and nail the gmat, but I can't seem to use the search option for some reason. Gonna take the GMAT in like 2 months (aiming 710+ at least) and went through the Manhattan guides the last 3 days. The theory in there is so easy and straightforward t...
Normal topic
Postgraduate Studies or notHey Would I have a chance of getting onto these courses and would they be helpful in applying to work in an investment bank Real estate economics and finance - LSE Business analytic and consulting - Warwick Msc management - UCL some info I will not be taking a gmat test, as such have avoided straigh...
Hot topic
LSE Msc A&F: Take it or leave itHi everyone, I have lurked around here for a year or two but never made a post. During that time, I was able to learn a lot from everyone, including all the trolls :). So first thing first, thanks everyone for all your thoughts and discussions. Today I decide to post because I find myself in a rath...
Normal topic
Shall you go the Extra Mile ?My situation is quite straight forward. I could start FT as S&T Analyst this year in London... or I could kill myself to get into a MF in Princeton or at MIT to break into WallStreet... The first one is the easy option - but I feel like I will be stuck for the rest of my life in this position. T...
Normal topic
Which course(s) to take -- final year of undergradI have tried to do a thorough search both on this site as well as others, to no avail. I am about to enter my final year in undergrad as a non-traditional student. Background: In the years preceding my entry to college, I was a manager of a couple of restaurants as well as a small consumer loan com...
Normal topic
Triple degree good or bad ?Hey guys, i've got a question for you: I am currently pursuing my master degree in law and bachelor degree in econonmy. Recently i thought about adding political economy as a second BSC and 3rd total degree to my list because interest in the subject started rising and i feel that it would greatly be...
Normal topic
2013 Business Insider MBA RankingsWhile they did seem to get the #1 school right (HBS), I'm still left wondering whether this list was supposed to have been released on April 1st.http://www.businessinsider.com/best-business-schoo... ...
Hot topic
HBS Students' Attractiveness: Discrimination?Are there ugly HBS students? From the YouTube videos I've seen it appears that everyone is attractive. Isn't that discrimination? What does being attractive have to do with being a future business leader? ...
Normal topic
HBS Class of 2015: number of years of work experienceSince there's always a debate about being "too old" for business school, and questions about whether the years of experience trending younger, the more facts, the better. HBS is pretty good about revealing the number of years post undergrad in a graphic-friendly style. Unfortunately, the picture ...
Normal topic
Post MBA move to strategy consultingHey guys -- I'm applying to business school this year, and I'm just getting started with my apps. I've been working in technology consulting (ACN) for the past four years, and my post MBA goal is to move to Strategy consulting. Do you feel that this is a realistic goal, in terms of a career switch...
Normal topic
MBA Chances at Top 10 from BB IT?I have the option to either become a project manager (PM) at my BB IT division or I can try to move to a tech firm like Google etc. My priority right now is to build up my career towards a MBA and then transition into the Business side from IT. I am looking to go to B-school in the next 2-3 years a...
Normal topic
Best Chances into a Top B-School Currently work for a high tech company ( apple,amzn,google) as a financial analyst. I am considering moving over to a product manager role.. What position do you guys think would be best fit for B-school with the end goal of VC ? ...
Normal topic
Get into Top10 MBA?Hi, I am not quite familiar with MBA admissions. But I would really like to attend Chicago Booth, Wharton or Columbia. Not sure my stats would be enough: B.S.E in Electrical and Computer Engineering UnderGrad GPA from top10 engineering school: ~3.45 Grad GPA from top5 engineering school: ~3.58 4+ ye...
Hot topic
Transfering from UVA to an elite Currently I'm a freshman at the University of Virginia. Ultimately I'd like to work in finance, hopefully Wall Street, when I graduate. I came in with enough credits from HS were I'll be able to graduate in three years with a degree in finance from the UVA's McIntire School and Commerce as well as a...
Normal topic
DeleteMeDelete delete. Delete ...

Pages