TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
European undergrad options for work in the US IBHi guys I would like to work in IB in the beginning of my career. Perhaps I will start in London but my long term goal is the US. Say I have these two options - which one is the best for name recognition & prestige and contacts in the US? 1) St. Andrews, BSc in Economics and Statistics (with a l...
Hot topic
Removed this postRemove post ...
Normal topic
MS in Education helpful for Top MBA ??Hi Everyone, I am obtaining my teaching certification from UPenn at the moment. I have been accepted into the Masters program as well. I am having trouble deciding teaching certification (free) vs. Masters Degree in Eduction ($35k). Will a Masters in Education from UPenn help in obtaining admissio...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Air Force Veteran?I am leaving for the air force soon and i now my end goal is to be and investment banker. I will be in the air force for 4 years and I will leave the military with an associates degree in business admin. After i leave the air force i will be 22 years old and i will transfer into a 4 yr university to...
Normal topic
Masters Schools: Which to Choose?A buddy of mine is going into MS programs next year and needs some help deciding. His short term goal is to land a commercial banking job (reaching desperately for IBD jobs). His long term goals are to work in Corporate Development/Strategy. His profile is similar to mine, non-target finance ug. We ...
Normal topic
Joint VS Double Major in Econ/MathI would like to ask, is a joint major in Economics and Mathematics looked down upon when comparing it to an Economics and Mathematics double major? And then ideally a minor in CS. Or do you think a CS/Econ joint degree is more worth it? Does it really make a difference? Thank you for your time! ...
Hot topic
Which program? Oxford MFE or MIT MFinHi guys, I am a senior in college and interested in IB or PE after graduation. I have applied to some top master of finance programs in the UK and US, including Oxford MFE, Princeton MSF, MIT Mfin, Columbia MFE. I already got admitted to Oxford's Master of Finance Economics program. How would you gu...
Normal topic
Shark Tank episode with Wharton alumsI recently saw this episode on Hulu. Two guys presented a translation app to the shark tank panel. You pull out the app, press a button, and a live translator anywhere in the world is sourced to translate in real time. Cool idea but the overhead costs would be enormous, and I'm not quite sure how...
Hot topic
Master Science FinanceWhat are you opinions on getting an MSF? I am interested in working in Research or Asset Management. ...
Normal topic
GMAT Verbal prepI've been looking around online. Can't seem to find anything up to date, or maybe I'm searching the wrong things. Anyways, I took the princetonreview practice test and scored 51Q and 30V with no study at all. So what is the best prep for verbal? I have the Kaplan 800 book, but I would like somethin...
Normal topic
,x, ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Chances at Masters in Finance?Hello all, I'm in the early stages of planning graduate study (hopefully 2014-2015) and am attempting to narrow my options down further. I'm pondering two degrees primarily, a Masters in Finance and a Masters in Data Analytics/Business Analytics. Some background: 24 years old. -Undergraduate degree...
Hot topic
How to Financially Prepare for Business School in 2 YearsHello WSO, I have been accepted to a deferred MBA program, and I begin in 2 years. Besides saving a portion of my income, what actions should I take to afford B school? If I continue to save at my current rate, I will have about 80,000 in loans. How else can I decrease this beginning principal? -...
Normal topic
BB IB firm sending you to BS for an MBA (Europe)Hi Guys! Here are three facts of which i'm pretty sure their right: 1. In the top-MBA programs, you only get in after some years of work experience. 2. After doing an MBA you start on the associate level in an IB firm. 3. When you start right after university in an IB firm you start as an analyst an...
Normal topic
Request for Personal Opinion on B-School or CFA for Working AnalystHey Guys, I'm 26 and working as an analyst at a municipal consulting/financial advisory firm. I've been at this firm for a year and realized there is no upward mobility at this firm. The last analyst to leave this firm worked here for 5 years, made connections, went to B-School while working and is ...
Normal topic
Profile Evaluation for Masters in ManagementHi all, I'll be applying to Masters in Management (entry in Fall 2014). My targets are : - Cambridge Judge MPhil Management - LSE MSc International Management (IMEX Program) - LBS Masters in Management My profile : French student, 21 yo, male. Undergrad : BA in Political Science in France top 1 PolS...
Hot topic
Laptop for College?Hey guys, I'm about to start college. I like Macbooks a lot. I'm pretty familiar with excel from internships and I really want to break into IBD. I understand that the excel on Macs is pretty crappy. Will having one hamstring me learning excel more? If not, please explain why and if it will what lap...
Hot topic
what Bachelors degree has the most significance?Would like your opinions on which Bachelors degree do you guys feel has the most significance in business? Not just for ibanking, consulting, or marketing but im talking about more on a bigger scale. ...
Normal topic
Which masters have good placement? Hello gyus, this is my first post, and i want to do a master in a couple of years. I am Greek and maybe it is early to start this conversation but i want to know which masters can really help in job seeking process. Thank u for your time ...
Normal topic
Work experienceIs 2 years of work experience enough to get into a top b-school? By 2 years I mean applying after 1 year and then attending after 2 years. Also how much of a difference does it make if you apply in different rounds? ...
Normal topic
Year and a half before starting MBA; How to prepare for hirability?If you were a year and a half from starting an MBA program, what would you do from this far out? Are there skills I should start learning? I want to make myself as hirable as possible for McKinsey / Bain. ...
Normal topic
Delete. ...
Normal topic
No technical work experience.I'm currently working on my UG and will have 9 years total prior military experience. The reasons for staying so long in the military is because the field I worked in, nuclear power, has 6 years as your minimum obligation time. Also, there's a program that you can do where your contract is dropped...
Normal topic
History to M7 MBA?Hello WSO First time poster here. Here's my story in a nutshell: I graduated from a top 10 public in 2009 with a decently high GPA (3.7) in history. LOL @ me, right? I know, I know. Since I graduated in the worst job hiring market since at least the 1970s, I decided to defer the real world for 1 1/2...
Normal topic
BO-->FO How well received is this accomplishment on MBA apps/interviewsI'm assuming there are a few folks in the WSO community that have overcome the back office and moved onto greener pastures. How well received was this as an accomplishment/career advancement for your MBA profile? I know that adcoms often bulk together everyone in finance but we all know the diffe...

Pages