TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Differences Between UK and US Universities and Their SignificanceI hear constantly people saying that the universities in UK and US are very much different. Can someone provide more details of the differences, how Wall Street recruiters see these differences, and how the differences impact a student to land a job in IB or HF business. Thanks. ...
Normal topic
LSE MSc in Fin Vs. LSE MSc in F&PEFor someone targeting an IBD Analyst position, which is better? ...
Hot topic
Do you guys think a MBA is a waste after 30 years old?Consider that it takes 2 year. One would be done at 32 or 33. Isnt it a waste at that age? ...
Normal topic
From MSc/MBA in Europe, to PEHello everyone, I'd really appreciate your 0.02$ on this one: What would you do in my situation if your end goal would be to land a job in PE? I am recently admitted for the MSc in Management at one of the top 3 Business Schools in Germany, starting in autumn. I come from Eastern Europe and I previo...
Normal topic
Same price: McCombs or transfer to NorthwesternI'm a current rising sophomore at McCombs at UT Austin and have been accepted to transfer to Northwestern (I can't find my old thread for some reason). After reviewing financial aid packages from both schools, being out-of-state for UT, they're pretty comparable. Also I like both campuses. As someo...
Normal topic
GMAT BookHey guys, I know there have been numerous topics on best GMAT books. I did a search and concluded that many prefer the Manhattan book(s). My question is: Is online better or in-person? Also, do they sell a book alone or do you have to buy a "package"? Any other thoughts, comments, and suggestions w...
Normal topic
MSF at U of Michigan-DearbornJust wondering if a program like this at a satellite campus is a huge difference from taking it at the actual campus, and Ann Arbor doesn't have a MSF program. Or taking the MSF program at U of Texas-Dallas vs Austin. I'm hoping to get into F50 or 100 ...
Normal topic
Improve my chances for MSF within one semesterHey guys, I am doing a BA in biochemistry and wanted to apply for an MSF program. I understand its quant heavy and I hope that the discipline I learned in my major can transfer over. I however dont have any ec's for finance in particular and wanted to apply for this december as a senior in undergrad...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Is doing both MBA and CFA a waste of money and time?I graduated from BC a few years ago and I also have a Master's degree from a similarly ranked school. Since I already work in a related industry that I'm targeting, I plan to get my MBA part-time at one of the top 15. I would be interested in going for the MBA to concentrate in finance and to rebran...
Hot topic
Are Online MBA's Frowned upon?Disclaimer: I'm not trying to get an IB/Consulting job, and I'm looking at top 25-15 MBAs, possibly online. My undergrad/macc is in the 100-200 rank. I'm in big 4 audit and planning on staying for 5 years and leave shortly after making manager. I'm looking at management positions in finance/accounti...
Normal topic
GMAT Test PrepI am about to start studying for the GMAT and have realized that there are a plethora of test prep books out there! I have "narrowed" it down to these five, I plan on doing the self study online courses, anybody happen to have any suggestions on which of the following is the best? 1. Princeton Revie...
Normal topic
New UCLA MajorI am an incoming freshman at UCLA interested in finance as a career, and I was set on majoring in Business Economics until today. A friend told me that UCLA has created a new major called Financial Actuarial Mathematics. I am sorry to ask about such a specific topic, but would the new major give me ...
Normal topic
2.3 GPA, 680 GMAT, USC's Masters in RE Development: Do I have a chance?As the title says, I am wanting to get into USC's Masters in RE Development program. I have a very low GPA of 2.3 from a University in the Top 50. The GPA came about from a mix of personal family problems at home to not giving a crap. I got a 680 on my GMAT. I have 5 years work experience in re...
Normal topic
DeletedDeleted ...
Normal topic
Supply Chain Management program at MITWhat do you think of this program? Is this program worth the tuition and 1 year off the work force? Thank you for your advice. TM ...
Normal topic
Target Schools?I heard a lot like IBs just like students from target schools/good M.Fin programs like students from target schools. So confused what I should do as I'm now in a liberal arts college. Transfer to a target school? ...
Normal topic
Dropped/Repeated UG- hurt chances for top MBA program?I have a 3.98 GPA from mid-tier school and 760 GMAT, solid recs/essays Double-majored in finance and physics In a 2-year IBD analyst program at a BB bank PROBLEM: During undergrad, I withdrew from three courses (none in the same semester), leaving me with three W's on my transcript. Also, I repeated...
Normal topic
DeletedDeleted ...
0 n/a
Hot topic
Mfin/MSc in fin/ financial engineering at LBS/LSE etcHi, I am looking forward to mfin/msc in fin programs at LBS/LSE/Oxford or top U.S. b-schools. Have the following profile:- Bachelor of Engineering from University of Delhi with 67% marks MBA from a top-ten Non-IIM Indian B-School with GPA=7.5/10. The method followed is different from that of the Sta...
Normal topic
PWM Analyst -> Top 15 MBA program?What are the chances of a ML, GS Private Wealth Management Analyst getting into a top 15 MBA program? A VP was telling me how a 3 yr analyst stint would be a great way to prepare for an MBA. I would like to hear your thoughts. Obviously, you won't get much modeling experience, but it's not like yo...
Normal topic
Can I make it to top MBA Program?I am currently working on my undergrad while working at a finacial advising firm. I go to University of South Florida. What im wondering is when im done with undergrad will USF be good enough along with a couple years of industry experience to get into a top MBA program? ...
Normal topic
which institute provide Welingkar MBA. Can any one Suggest me which is the best institute which provide MBA through Welingkar. ...
Normal topic
How does a Big 4 auditor become competitive for MBA admissions?With most top MBA programs taking in a fuck ton of bankers and consultants (kudos to you guys), how does a Big 4 auditor make himself stand out? I'm hoping to move into corporate finance (FP&A) at a F500, and hope to make Director/VP/CFO some day. I know the MBA isn't a necessity, but I want i...
Normal topic
M&A/PE background, no extracurriculars. Odds of MBA offer?- graduated with a first class honour from a top 5 economics undergrad schools in the UK - worked for 2 years in M&A at a bank such as GS/JPM/MS - started working at a decent european buyout firm I have no decent extracurricular either from uni because of laziness or after because I had no time...
Normal topic

Pages