TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Career change - need your adviceHi, I am planning a big career move and I would like to share with you some information and would like you to help me gain direction. Background information: Education: Wroclaw School of Banking (International Business and Finance Bachelor Degree) Definitely non - target but strong regional universi...
Normal topic
Examples of TMT consulting engagements?Hey everyone, Was hoping to get some insight into example consulting engagements that occur for technology, media, and telecommunication clients? (in the U.S.) Thanks, Proboscis ...
Normal topic
Looking for a casing partnerI am an MBA student at a top tier school and shall be applying to management consulting positions in the fall. I am looking for a partner to practice management consulting case interviews with. I am currently living in the san francisco bay area and am open to practice casing one-on-one as well as v...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Really Need Help to Explain!!!Hi folks, Recently I have been getting through a series of interviews in a medium size investment management company and everything seemed very positive. From my perspective and what I felt from the interviewers' perspective, I think I did a very good job in the final round and I knew I was the only...
Normal topic
Leaving a job under one year for an almost 50% bump in payHere's the story. Last year around this time I was at a consulting gig. I left it to do a science R&D gig. A headhunter from a different consultancy finds me 10 months after I left said consulting gig to try to lure me back to the same client engagement, albeit with a different firm. I've never ...
Normal topic
Management Consulting Exit OppsI have several questions for anyone with experience in Management Consulting (long post): 1.) Do post-MBA consultants at Mckinsey / BCG / Bain really have an easy time exiting into F500 companies after 2-3 years? Or is most of the hype over mbb largely bullshit? 2.) Also, at what stages would a c...
Hot topic
Management Consulted Consulting Salaries for 2012Think this recently went up -- can anyone comment on the validity of the numbers? I heard Bain went up to around 200k all in and thus I'm curious of the other top shops have done so as well? http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/201... ...
Normal topic
What is the career progression of a Bain consultant?Fortunately, I've found this: http://www.joinbain.com/build-your-career/bain-car... What I'm really wondering about is how long (in years) until you get a promotion. Also what would the salary be for each position? Thanks ...
Normal topic
Operations Practice - MBB & ATK officesHello, I am tyring to find offices for BCG, Booz & Co, & ATK that are operations focused: Focus areas could be manufacturing, supply chain management, distribution, etc. Specifically looking for offices in the North East. Thank you ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
How Startup Business is Viewed During InterviewsI'm a senior preparing for consulting interviews in the fall. Just wondering how my role in a startup business would be viewed during interviews. I can exaggerate the role to the point that I am the CFO of this company with five employees. My only concern is if i take the time to put this on my resu...
Normal topic
HR Consulting the Kiss of Death?I went to a well-ranked non-target and messed up OCR. I want to work in management consulting, preferably somewhere on the level of McKinsey or Bain or Booz, but I realize I may have to go to b-school first to break in. I am currently interviewing at one of the top HR consulting firms and at a thir...
Normal topic
From audit to consultingHi guys, I would like to ask you how to make a transition from a career in audit to consulting. I'm a year after graduation from one of the best semi-targets in big European country - 40-50th place in all European master programmes. Now I would like to join a management consulting firm. To date I've...
Normal topic
Case Interview PracticeAny suggests on books to read for case interview practice? I will be applying for an entry level position at all the top consulting companies. I have no consulting internship experience, but one strategy internship and 2 finance internships. Any suggestions on preparation? I am already networking a ...
Normal topic
Move from Public Sector to Private in ConsultingI'm trying to help out a friend who is trying to move from the public sector to the private; however, I have no idea about the move - do any of you? I only have a faint idea of this move, and it would be great to hear some feedback. All I've read are articles from the guardian and consulting cafe ab...
Normal topic
Looking for Case Practice Partner for Consulting InterviewHi there! I'm a Stanford graduate student planning a career in management consulting. I am looking for a partner to practice cases with. If you are interested in practicing together, give me a shout. I'm hoping to complete the practice within a month. ...
Normal topic
Future of Healthcare/biotech ConsultingMany of the big pharmaceutical companies are laying off workers and outsourcing to other countries. The healthcare reform we are currently seeing in the U.S. is going to allow the government to have a larger effect on the pharmaceutical industry and change the healthcare scene overall. Those of you ...
Normal topic
2 year Corporate FMP exit opps??I have been in love with WSO since I first read it coz people are so smart and no bullshxt. Would like to share my experience with one of well-known corporate program in Asia and desperately look for a way-out. Hope to get some directions. Joined a global talent program in 2008 after postgraduate (m...
Normal topic
Best Consulting CasebooksHey guys, I'm sure all of them are great but which University's casebooks are generally considered the best to prepare from. There is so much material out there, I just want to try and narrow it down a little. Thanks ...
Normal topic
StaffingI was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to go through a play-by-play of staffing from when they roll off a case to when they start a new one. i've heard different things about the extent to which you have agency over your cases (obv depends on your tenure), but the exact process is still kin...
Normal topic
Case Study Coaching ServiceHey, I have a Bain interview coming up next week and I have been preparing for a while now. After running through some mock interviews with friends, I wanted to do some professional mock interviews with consultants or former consultants. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any paid services ...
Normal topic
Is that a no?Posted a similar thing in the "Get a Job" section, but it didn't get much traction, I thought I would try it again here. Had a 10 minute or so interview with someone who was supposed to guide me to the appropriate entry-level recruiting arm of a consulting firm. There weren't any behavioral questi...
Normal topic
Insight needed: Mid-tier MC to Google Marketing/SalesFirst time poster checking in. I'm starting at a mid-tier global consulting firm next year in Sydney, Australia. Unlike what seems like the bulk of people going into consulting, my end-goal isn't PE/hedge funds etc. etc. Instead, I want to work in consulting for a few years and then move into the te...
Normal topic
What's a good Pre-MBA career path for breaking into MBB Consulting?I'm planning on attending the Ross BBA program at University of Michigan. Would an MBA after a few years of work experience be beneficial? Would it get me into consulting? What's a ''perfect'' career path for consulting? ...
Normal topic
Elite International Consulting FirmsThat's right boys, I am trying to figure a list of the top management consulting firms that advise public companies on International expansion. Who is the top 5 or top 10? Lemme know! (Dont forget to give me some rationale on your ranking prestige) ...
Normal topic
Case Interviews: Online PracticeSo I was looking for Victor Cheng's website for online case practices. I remember him sending everyone an email during his free giveaway about how he was creating a website and those who had to pay for the ebook would receive 4 months free. So I was searching around for the website but couldn't find...

Pages