TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
International Student Applying for FT after Graduation in USHey guys, I have a question about international students applying for FT after graduation. This is my last semester in US. I have been networking a lot with different consulting firms but the firms seem to be reluctant to do any off season hiring in Spring. There are two options I can see now for my...
Normal topic
Navigating offers for summerI need a little help with an offer I received from E&Y for the TAP (technology advisor program) in their FSO. I've never considered consulting and kind of applied on a whim. I know that E&Y sold off their consulting business a few years ago, and is now trying to build it back up. Outside of ...
Normal topic
Non-case Interview FirmsHey all, Just curious what some of the entry level non-case interview firms are. I've heard Accenture technology consulting interviews are entirely behavioral based as are ones for Maximus consulting. Know of any others? I'm trying to hedge my bets in case I screw up cases. Thanks ...
Normal topic
Consulting or Corporate Finance: When to make the switch?I graduated from a non-target with a strong GPA and have been working for a private dairy manufacturer for the past two years as a financial analyst. The company is a great company for people who are looking to settle down and retire, but is not that innovative and is not that well known by the "gen...
Normal topic
US Strategy vs Asia Investments offerHey guys.. Just needed some help and pointers.. I'm an international student here in the US and have two offers and need help deciding.. I have interned in Singapore for a few months before and had a good time although LA would be new.. 1) Investment Consulting Associate position at Cambridge Assoc...
Normal topic
economics consulting case interview?Hi - I have an interview with Cornerstone research coming up and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to prepare for an economic consulting case interview. Thanks so much! ...
Normal topic
PWC (Big 4) Travel PoliciesWhat is the plane/hotel situation ? Do you all prefer one group of hotels/airlines and how bout the class and all that info ? Just wondering ...
Normal topic
Resume advicehttp://www.razume.com/documents/24831 Review my resume (above)? I am a fourth year student staying in school for a 5th year. I'd like to work in management consulting upon graduation. Also, I'm interning at a consulting firm this summer. What should I take off my resume when I put that experience o...
Normal topic
Top Consulting adviceHi, I introduce myself: I am a 22year old italian, I have a "first class" degree in mathematics at Imperial College London (constantly in the top10 world unis), currently obtaining an MSc International Management from CEMS (world #2 MSc Management by FT) attended at Bocconi Milan and HEC Paris (#1 e...
Normal topic
How long to prepare for MBB interview (1st round)Not sure if this is the right forum or if it should go into "job search advice", but anyway: Rather as a surprise I got an invitation by one of MBB in Germany to a job interview. They asked me if I was available next week and my first reaction was to say "sure", so we fixed a date for what would h...
Normal topic
Alternative Routes to Strat Consulting Haven't heard back from either of the 2 schools that I applied to, but it looks like M7 is not in the cards. What are some alternatives routes to strat/management consulting? How else can someone break in, assuming there are no contacts? Currently in NYC, but location is irrelevant and I am ready to...
Normal topic
Quantitative Skills + MBB = ???Hi all, I'm graduating with a pair of (undergraduate) STEM degrees and starting at MBB this summer. Are there career paths that make sense for someone with scientific literacy, quantitative skills, and experience at MBB? I really have no idea where I want to be in 3-5 years, and I'm curious to lear...
Normal topic
Help Please! Deloitte S&O vs. LEK Junior Year Summer InternshipHi Everyone, I currently have offers from LEK and Deloitte S&O for summer internships, and I'm having an incredibly tough time choosing between the two. I know that the lifestyles for the two are almost polar opposite (deloitte mostly travel, LEK mostly in office), and that LEK is a lot more str...
Normal topic
Preparing for summer internshipI just accepted my summer offer at top tier non-MBB strat firm (Monitor/LEK/Parth/Booz etc.) and was wondering if anyone had opinions on how I should spend the next few months before my internship. I've read all the typical articles on how to succeed during the internship(be vocal, network, etc.), b...
Hot topic
Career Advice - Should I Jump Ship?So I made a rule for myself that I would stick to my current firm for at least 2 years and stick to consulting until I would get a Director level offer in industry (which, before I started, I thought would take at least 5 years of consulting experience). Now I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm just over 1...
Normal topic
Bain DallasIt was once mentioned on these boards that Bain Dallas is somewhat different from other Bain offices. Can anybody confirm that and if so, elaborate on how it is different? Is it the culture, type of projects they do, hours, something else? Are there any other Bain offices that are known for being "d...
Hot topic
Typical odds at MBB superdays?For relatively primary MBB offices (not NY), what's the size of the typical interview pool for final/decision rounds for summer internships? Are they picking like 5 kids out of 20ish? Or am I way off? Just trying to get a realistic sense of what environment I'll be competing in soon. ...
Normal topic
interview after superdaypretty much waht the title says, can you have an interview after your superday? does this happen? ...
Normal topic
Post-MBA ConsultingHey guys, I've got a question about consulting. I've always been interested in strategy consulting but have been deterred by the work/life balance that the career entails. I am starting a career in corporate finance at a F500 in June and will be part of a finance and accounting rotational program....
Normal topic
want to do consulting or S&T after working for Edward JonesHello, I have an offer to become a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones. Now before everyone disparages that name, just hear me out. I was thinking I would do the EDJ for a while (about 3 years). While doing that i would study for the CFA on my free time and take the test, assuming I get 700 plus on ...
Normal topic
From tech burnout to MBB - how?I'm a software architect for a technology startup that you've never heard of, in a city you don't care about. I make $100k at 27. My pedigree is non-existent because I spent most of my life failing at being a rock star, so while I have a CS degree, it's barely worth mentioning. I'm bored, and I fee...
Normal topic
MBB policy on laptops/blackberriesWhat is the general policy for laptops/blackberries for summer interns and full time hires? I have a summer internship and am worried my laptop isn't sufficient (it is falling apart). Do companies generally provide or subsidize this equipment? ...
Normal topic
Core vs. Boutiques by Client Industry in Strategy ConsultingJust wanted to understand which firms(Large & Boutiques) are called for strategy by the CXO's of different client industries( I know MBB rules everywhere, but what about the rest) CPG - Pharmaceutical - Chemicals - Manufacturing - Hi-Tech/Technology - ...
Normal topic
Life after consulting?Long story short, I'm a third year post-MBA consultant at one of the big 3, I just used my bonus to pay-off the last of my student loans, and now I want off the hamster wheel. Looking to retire my wheelie suitcase and SPG AMEX for good. I'm well aware of the typical exits form my position, but have...
Normal topic
To switch or to wait Hi guys, I'm considering career switch into consulting. Currently I'm an associate auditor in BIG 4 Financial Services team in Europe but I'm bored with this job. I graduated from target finance programme and finished additional postgraduate studies in statistics. I was always very interested in inv...

Pages