TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Work/life balance in consultingHey all, Interviewing at a few banks as well as consulting firms. a big pull for me w/ consulting is the prospect of a more balanced business background as well as a more favorable work-life balance. the travel sucks, but the hours are better and i'd imagine a bit more active than the banker lifesty...
Normal topic
What makes people stay in consulting for long termHi guys, I'm heading to one of the MBB after graduation and during the interviewing process, I spoke to a few people who have been with that firm for quite a period of time (5-13 years). One of the partners who interviewed me basically brought that firm to the region. As someone who has quite broad ...
Hot topic
What do you read? I'm interested to hear what everyone likes to read outside of work. It's been my impression that consultants are usually well read. ...
Normal topic
Case Study InterviewI've recently applied for an internship that replied with a case study requirement before interview. I've never had to go through this for an internship. It is for a research analyst position at a start-up advisory firm specializing in consumer/media products. How comprehensive does my analysis need...
Normal topic
Consulting Internships in line to full time MBB after GraduationI am a Sophomore majoring in Industrial Engineering at the Number 1 Program in the country and am interning with Deloitte Consulting's Sophomore Scholar Program this summer. This program is highly competitive and selective, and I am very excited with the opportunity! Looking ahead, what types of in...
Normal topic
Fee's QuestionGood Morning guys, I have a quick question about some Investment fees for a client, I was hoping I could get someone's input on. This is for a fund of funds. Thanks in advance for looking over this and the help! Fixed Advisory Fee = 0.40% per annum on assets up to $500 million Incentive fee = The ...
Normal topic
Using a referral to get an interviewIf I know someone in the Dallas office can I put them down as a referral (there is a specific spot for it) on my application if I'm hoping to be in the LA office? Or if they're in an office in Europe, can I put them down for a spot I'm hoping to get in New York? Do these referrals usually have to ...
Hot topic
BCG Story From HellThe following article appeared in MIT's newspaper yesterday and it was written by an MIT grad who worked for BCG Dubai and lost his job. The story explains that consultants at BCG Dubai force-fit analysis to conclusion, even when the conclusion was wrong. Some quotations from the article: "What I ...
Normal topic
Green Card processing at MBBHi, I am interested in joining MBB, but I am currently on H1b visa and my visa is expiring soon. Does anyone know how if MBB apply for green card right away after you join? or if you have to wait before they apply, how long is the wait? Thanks! ...
Normal topic
Marketing Strategy Vs FinanceIm Currently an Undergrad ad a semi target who wants to go into consulting. If i failed to land an offer which industry would be better to set my self up to re apply later on, (pre or Post MBA), marketing strategy or finance ( not IB or PE). I would assume the response is finance but i want to hear ...
Normal topic
tips for incoming consultant, finance/modeling skillsHi Guys, So, I will be joining a good consulting firm after graduation. However, I have no background in finance or modeling. Nonetheless, I am interested in getting on PE/due diligence/MnA projects. What kind of financial modeling skills would I be expected to know? Any good books/websites/online r...
Normal topic
Alternative to MBA for consultingHi guys, I'm currently finishing up my first year at Cornell Law and I'm looking to explore management consulting as an alternative to big law. My plan is to do everything I can to secure a big law summer associate position in the fall and then try my hand at consulting recruitment. My main issue is...
Hot topic
MacBooks?Would owning a macbook for my personal computer be an issue if I am working in consulting? Or would it be better to stick with a PC? Personal preference aside (I've always been a PC user) ...
Normal topic
Reading material for Consulting in Risk ManagementI recently transitioned into risk management consulting division. while the official job title requires 2 years min of risk experience, i have .5 years' worth. i am starting to interview for projects and will likely have to show that i have the basics down quite well - which i do not. i have been r...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Accenture ConsultingI've been reading the Accenture Careers site and I noticed that they list their most junior positions as "Entry-Level" rather than Undergraduate. Does this mean that they generally are open to hiring people who have graduated from college recently and have been doing something completely unrelated ...
Normal topic
Take a notebook or something else for interview?I'll preface this by saying it may sound silly, but it's the first time I'll be going to a strategy consulting interview. I've been practicing case studies and scribbling notes and frameworks in a notebook. When I go to the actual interview though, should I be using something other than a notebook t...
Hot topic
Recruiting process for overseas MBB office for a lateral hireI was lucky enough to receive an invitation to begin the recruiting process with MBB at an overseas office. I say lucky, because I graduated from a non-target school and currently work as a second year analyst for Accenture - from reading this forum, I understand it is rare to lateral from ACN to MB...
Normal topic
Consulting- TravelHey everyone, I have recently been researching consulting. I would really prefer to go into financial advisory. Being that I am still young I wouldn't mind traveling , I would actually prefer it. What type of consulting jobs offer a lot of travel? Thanks! ...
Normal topic
MBB clientsJust curious - what are some of the big name clients for each of MBB? (More specifically Bain and BCG, since McK probably has most of the F50 and a huge part of the F500) I know the firms are pretty tight-lipped about their client list but I was curious if you guys knew some of the biggest contract...
Normal topic
Talk me into doing an MBA (Europe)MBA is a hot topic among most of my friends this time of the year which makes me think that maybe I should also consider it. I'm beginning to worry that not having the degree will limit my career options in the future since almost everyone seems to have it these days. I know MBA is a must in the US ...
Normal topic
consulting career or others?Hi guys, I am graduating from college and am going to start my master program soon. But I really don't know which career should I go after, human capital consulting, management consulting or something related to finance? Here is my background: I have double majors in Economics and Psychology for my...
Normal topic
Reapplying to FirmsDoes anyone know if you can reapply to IBM or Accenture SI after turning them down? And is there a wait period after turning down the offer? Thanks ...
Normal topic
MBB FT - Questions?Hey monkeys, I had a couple of questions regarding the FT MBB process. - When do accelerated interviews start? I got two final rounds with MBB but no offer so should I expect an invite to the same? - What do most FT hires do for the summer internship? I haven't been able to lock up a job yet. Would ...
Normal topic
CFA for an MBB Management ConsultantHi, I'm a 1st year associate at one of the MBBs (Europan office). I don't have an MBA (I transitioned directly from Analyst to Associate) and I have an engineering background. I've been trying to land a job in Private Equity in the last year and although I got really close to it (interviewed with 3 ...
Hot topic
Big 4 or Accenture?Hey guys: I am a senior accounting student. Recently I got an offer from Accenture Shanghai( I am a international student studying in the U.S). It is an entry-level consultant position. Accenture gave me limited time to decide whether to accept the offer or not. Since I am graduating in December an...

Pages