TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Consulting = Outsiders?I would just like to state outright that I do not own the website or the link, and I am simply posting it because I am a subscriber to their mailing list (some individuals went out of there way to blatantly/maliciously express their opinion that i was an owner...). I found this article to be quite e...
Normal topic
Consulting and Banking RecruitingThis isn't going to be a debate about the pros and cons so much as has anyone done both consulting and i banking recruiting at the same time? I ask because I'll be interning this summer at BB as a sophomore so will have next summer to either return to the firm (obviously with a return offer), switc...
Normal topic
Consulting Career AdviceHi All. I think some of the consulting people on this forum may be able to shed some light on what may be the best possible short term (5 years) path for me to follow, post MBA. I have an ugrad and masters from H/S/W/P/MIT and have been working in a F100 firm for the past 5 years. I have a lot of e...
Normal topic
Major in Economics + MBA?I'll be attending University of Michigan's LSA program and will be majoring in economics. After graduation, I'm planning on working for a good consulting company (hopefully) and work for 5 years and then get an MBA. But if nothing goes well, I could try out as a financial analyst and work my way thr...
Normal topic
Are you fat? I've heard that it's tough to stay in shape as a consultant for a variety of reasons (the food, no time to exercise, etc). Is this true? For those who manage to stay fit/healthy, how do you do it? ...
Normal topic
Airport test & feedbackWhen you interview and you don't get the gig, because you failed the airport test, what do they tell you in the feedback session? I am wondering, because I twice got rejected even though I aced my cases and they told me it was not structured enough/didn't like my assumptions. In the third MBB, where...
Normal topic
Energy Consulting in HoustonJust inquiring about the names of any firms in Houston that specialize in energy. Attended school in the region for a BS in Finance and an MS in Energy Finance. Thanks ...
Normal topic
Monitor GroupJust wondering how good Monitor is in general compared to MBB in terms of: 1) B-School Placement 2) Placement to PE ...
Normal topic
Consulting Offer - IndiaHi guys, I am currently looking for a position after graduation day. I have been interviewing for different firms and I could potentially receive an offer from one of the top five players. However, two things are preventing me from jumping in the air: - The position is in India - It is a research ...
Normal topic
Include GPA on resume for consulting program?Hey all, I recently applied to a summer program with a consulting firm and was accepted. In the application, they requested a resume. On that version, I included both a cumulative and major GPA. After last semester, my GPA dipped below a 3.5 (I can't round it up to a 3.5 either), so I'm thinking abo...
Normal topic
Fuqua vs YSOM MBA RecruitingHey guys -- apologize if this is a semi toolish 'which is better' type of question to ask but was curious to if anyone could chip in, be it from your own personal experience with your firms hiring from these schools or friends of yours at these schools. I've been admitted to both Fuqua and YSOM and...
Normal topic
Internship ---> Full-Time Offer?I will be working at a consulting firm (LEK/Deloitte/Monitor/PwC) this summer and had some questions. (a) What percentage of people at these firms get FT offers? (I could only find info for MBB and banks) (b) How can I maximize my chances of getting a FT offer (dos/don'ts/advice etc.)? (c) What is t...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Engineer + MBA = Consulting??Hello everyone, I graduate in a few months and have been considering exit options. While I ultimately want to get into aircraft finance & leasing, recently a manager, in the aerospace/defense practice, at Mckinsey agreed to pass my CV along. So that got me thinking; and now I have a few questio...
Normal topic
Credit Card RewardsI'm transitioning to a top-tier consulting strategy firm. Do you get to keep the coporate credit card rewards on t&e? ...
Hot topic
First Class in consultingHey guys, At what level do consultants start travelling first class? I"m thinking of Deloitte, PwC type consulting firms. ...
Normal topic
Accenture MC vs. KPMG/PWCTo the Consulting world, I currently have a solid gig at Accenture in Management Consulting (primarily on Tech engagements), but most recently have been heavily solicited by all of the Big 4 firms that are building up their Management Consulting practices for Tech Advisory. My question goes out to a...
Normal topic
Getting into MBB now? How?Hello WSO, Background: - Top 50 undergrad at a state school (not a target for anything though) - Finance major with 3.5 GPA - Spent 1 year as an analyst at a top tier BB in FinTech in NYC - Approaching 2.5 years in strategic planning at a highly regarded tech firm (Oracle/Apple/Qualcomm etc) I'd lik...
Normal topic
Do I just tell them?Looking to do entry-level consulting, I used a partner to refer me for an interview at a mid-market firm (think IBM/BAH). I just got an email saying they received my resume through a referral and would like to set up a phone call to introduce the firm and tell me about the opportunities and that it...
Normal topic
Consulting Case Practice via Skype!Hey All, Would anyone be game to practice consulting cases with each other over the weekend or early next week? Would really appreciate if any possible current consultants could respond as I'm sure they could provide more meaningful insight. Thanks a mill! ...
Hot topic
is consulting expanding like crazy in middle east?It is about consulting job opportunities in the middle east. For instance, atkearney keeps saying we are growing in the region like crazy, and therefore we are aggressively hiring.is that true? Do you know if the other main players in middle east (MBB and booz and monitor) are recruiting heavily? I ...
Normal topic
When to apply for Full Time? (Graduating December 2013)Hi I am graduating a little later than usual (in December) and was wondering if I will be applying for jobs this Fall or the next Fall. I reached out to one MBB and they said it was this year for them. How is it like for most firms? Also, if I do not get an offer this Fall, does that blacklist me fo...
Normal topic
Applying to consulting firms in Hungary without HungarianHello everyone! I am planning to make a career switch and want to try consulting. There is a high possibility that my personal life will bring me to Hungary. Is it possible to get an offer from major consulting companies in Hungary without the knowledge of Hungarian? Any information and thoughts wil...
Hot topic
Consulting in NYC?Some friends of mine have advocated that "if you want to be a consultant do it anywhere but in NYC". I can understand that if you get paid the same wherever you are why not live in a cheaper lower tax area ( Atlanta Texas Chicago.. Anywhere but NYC basically lol ) but I've been told that if you're i...
Normal topic
Preparing for FT recruitingHi, I was able to get to final round interviews with 2/3 MBBs for summer recruiting this year. The third does not come to my school. I have previously used LOMS, CiP and practiced cases. I was looking for advice for a. how to get in touch with the 3rd MBB to get an interview b. how to prepare more f...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Next Step Hi All, I would like to ask for your advice for my next step, it will be a great support. I am a finance major student. Before I have any full time working experience, I work for a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank as a intern in Equity Divertive Application Development for 3 month. After I graduate, I ...

Pages