Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
MS Engineering Resume for Consulting with good networking and moderate GPAHey guys, I am a MS student in Engineering at a semi target school and was recently rejected by AT Kearney Analytics Group. I am quite sure that the problem is in my resume as the application process through my school does not require cover letters and because I felt that I did well during the info ...
Normal topic
Excel PracticeI'm starting at a consulting firm pretty soon and would like to try and improve at excel beforehand. Has anyone got some ideas on models I could try to build/potential data-sets to play with? From previous posts on here and elsewhere formulae, functions and tools such as Data Validation, What-If A...
Normal topic
Listing GPA on Resume?Hey all, I am deciding whether to leave out GPA on my resume. I read this website http://www.thecasecoach.com/consulting-resume-how-... and would like some opinions on this strategy. I have a 3.85 GPA in undergrad but 3.62 in grad. If I have to leave out, I have to leave out both GPAs and I am not s...
Normal topic
Interview again at MBB?So I got dinged after a final round at one of Bain's larger offices, and accepted a position in that same city with a reputable tier 2 firm. The final round went pretty well, I think one stupid math hiccup is what cost me. What I am wondering is, how long before I can reapply and be considered fo...
Normal topic
Maximus Consulting? Anyone heard of it/had an interview? They do exclusively non-profit consulting so education, government, federal agency, etc type work. So far i've struck out at consulting interviews and only have a finance offer but i'd much prefer consulting. So 2 questions 1) what is the interview like? I heard ...
Normal topic
Full-time offer between Analysis Group and Boutique Investment BankI have offers from both Analysis Group in LA and a boutique investment bank in Minneapolis. How would you choose personally? pros and cons? Initial thoughts on ultimate goal is to get into HBS, and PE/VC as a career. Thanks guys for your input ...
Normal topic
BCG vs. PWP for PE/HF exit opps?Hi, I have to decide between a full time offer at BCG or at Perella Weinberg by the end of the week. I am interested in PE or HF exit opportuniities and having a strong brand on my CV. What do you think? Thanks in advance. ...
Normal topic
US Industry BreakdownCan someone give me (or point me to) a simple breakdown of industries and where they are strongest in the US? I know a few of the obvious ones (tech in SF, Oil/Gas in Texas), but it would be great to know the top 10 or so. I think something like this would be very useful come staffing time (I start ...
Normal topic
Better MBA for MBBBetween Tuck and Kellogg, does either program have an edge when it comes to MBB recruiting and/or preparation? ...
Normal topic
Which mastersHi, long time reader, first time poster. I am hoping to interview for strategic and operational management consulting positions this fall. I have the option to start a masters this fall also which I feel will be important to securing an offer as my grades are good but not great. I was wondering whic...
Normal topic
MBB contactsHow autonomous are the various offices within MBB? Would a partner contact I have in one office be able to push for me at all if I am recruiting in a completely different office? Both offices are in major cities and this is for post-MBA recruiting at an M7 school. ...
Normal topic
Casey, Quirk & AssociatesHi all, Has anyone heard of Casey Quirk? (or Casey, Quirk & Associates) They seem to be a boutique consulting firm based in CT that works with clients in investment management / HF. I would like to know if anyone has any first (or second) hand experience or know anything about this firm. From wh...
Normal topic
McKinsey PEI questions?Hello, I had first rounds at McKinsey last week. Made it through but I think my PEI answers were the weak point. Although I knew that would go in depth I wasn't really prepared for how much and I had to spend way too much time thinking and trying to recall details. I'd like to make a list of standar...
Normal topic
Question about a particular pathHello - Would a path of Undergrad --> Military --> MBA ---> Consulting be at all possible? Thank you. ...
Normal topic
Booz vs Booz A.H. vs Roland Berger vs Oliver Wyman etc. - Your viewsHi all! I am about to apply in consulting, and of course i will start from MBB. Then I would like to know if any of you has some information on other respectable firms, apart from the big four, *in Europe*. As far as I know - and as far as i can read on this board - things are probably different in ...
Normal topic
Booz Allen or AccentureUndergrad Student..graduating in May. got two offers..pay are both the same. except benifits for BAH are better as far as retirement plan. Cant decide between the two Both are for Strategy and Org Practice BAH will be Defense Clients Accenture will be with Life Sciences What is better? I am open to ...
Normal topic
IB Associate to ConsultingDoes anybody know how would a move from BB IB Associate (1st year post MBA) to MBB Consultant look like? Would MBB recognize 1yr spent at the BB and possibly lateral the person to 2nd year Associate? Any other insight? ...
Normal topic
Choosing a FT start date?Today I got an email from my firm's HR department about FT start dates for the class of 2012, and I was pretty surprised by how far apart the dates are: last week of June first week of September mid-October I was expecting something like early August, early September, and early October. I'm not rea...
Normal topic
Deloitte S&O outside US & UKHello! I've really enjoyed reading this forum and it is about time to join in! I am joining Deloitte S&O in Deloitte's Swedish Office (Stockholm) in September 2012. In complete honesty I was hoping for MBB but did not get offers. So I have been reading all I can about Deloitte S&O to avoid m...
0 n/a
Normal topic
How common is IBD > MBA > Consulting?I'm trying to gauge if I'm doing something stupid by planning an IBD > MBA > Consulting move. Honestly I know jack about what I want right now except to be successful and make it rain money all day so I'm trying out banking for a bit. I want to know if this type of move is common at top b-scho...
Normal topic
Bain Final Rounds NYC ReplyHey guys, Quick question...I just had final rounds at Bain NYC this past week and was expected to get a reply by the end of the week; however, i received notice they would take until sometime the following week, even though some people have received both yes and no's this week...any guesses on why t...
Normal topic
Internships to look for right now? (Sophomore)I know F500 would be good, other ideas? And should I just be cold calling alums/informational interviews/OCR applications? I go to a top 5 target. ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
3-4 weeks since Bain final round - No decisionSo I had my final round at Bain 3-4 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a decision. I know people who have been rejected from the same office, and one person who was accepted (the day of his interview). So what is most likely going on? It blows me away that it's taken this long, as I haven't had to w...
Normal topic
Boutique Economic Consulting FirmsDoes anyone know of any economic consulting firms in New York besides the big name ones (NERA, Cornerstone, Compass Lexecon etc.)? ...
Normal topic
Career Switch to ConsultingAn undergrad(BBA-Marketing) with 2.5 yrs of work-ex in the Insurance & Advertising Industry. Planning to get into MC-General Business Analyst/Jr.Associate! Will be applying to all major players & boutique/specialized firms. Currently working(ad agency) for clients from diversified industries...

Pages