TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Deloitte Intel Segment?????????Hello all, I was recently given a call in regards to Deloitte's Intel Segment section. Some of the jobs in the Intel Segment include: accounting manager and financial consultant. Also, Accenture has been ringing me up for similar work. I only have 2 years maybe 3 depending on how you look at my res...
Normal topic
Looking to get into consulting... do I have what it takes?Here's the story... for the past year I've been trying to get any kind of finance-related job because... well that's what I majored in. But recently realized that given the kind of person I am and the experiences I've had... I'd enjoy working in consulting, but I don't really know whether I'd be ab...
Normal topic
Deloitte Audit --> Deloitte ConsultingI am in my second year with deloitte audit and am interested in consulting. Has anyone made this switch? any tips/advice on how I can transfer groups? ...
Normal topic
HCL AXONgot a competitive FT offer from them. any info about the culture/rep/quality of the company? ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Atlanta/Boston Boutique consultingCan anyone pull a capital IQ search of regional and/or boutique management consulting firms in Atlanta/Boston? Greatly appreciated. ...
Hot topic
I've got a potentially big decision to make...Blah Blah Blah I'm at Umich, first year here, now is the time for me to apply to Ross or fuhgetaboutit... Right now I'm heavily leaning towards majoring in CS What I am interested in: -trading -programming -consulting The problem: obviously CS would be better to get a job in trading/programming, but...
Normal topic
Sign-On Bonus Used to Repay Undergrad LoansI received a 10k sign on bonus from a consulting firm I will be starting at in the Fall. They already took out taxes, so its like $6,xxx. Can I ask the company to take this un-deposited check back and have them pay $10k directly to my loan company (with whom I have more than $10k in loans)? That way...
Normal topic
accenture and deloitte analyst salariesDoes anyone know what entry level accenture and deloitte analysts get as a base salary after finishing grad school with a master's? Glassdoor doesn't distinguish between undergrad and graduate level entry level associates...I imagine there is a difference in salary? I'm specifically interested in ...
Normal topic
EXIT OPPS come after working at Accenture ?Dear all, What's the exit opportunity from Accenture as an IT consultant ? I have gotten from reading that Accenture is like "Kiss of Death", not sure if it is true as so far the jobs seem pretty good (Beside the fact that long working hours) but of course the paid is incomparable to ibankers. So y...
Normal topic
Advice for undergrad looking to move into consultingI am in my final year of undergrad (in Canada) and looking to move from accounting/audit to consulting. I have realized that the field of consulting and an MBA suit my future career goals much better than accounting. I entered university on track for the CA (equivalent to the CPA in the US) and 95% ...
Normal topic
Signing and then cancelingWhat happens if you sign and then decide to take another offer before you start if the contract says either side can end it at anytime? Is that considered a real bad thing to do or does it happen regularly? ...
Normal topic
Breaking into Consulting - experienced hire vs. undergraduate applicantHello! I’m a non-traditional candidate. Graduated from NYU in political science in 2010, had mediocre grades, went out to Jakarta, Indonesia, started a website with the help of wealthy friends that was acquired for a pretty penny. None of us had debt so now we've got the models and bottles without...
Hot topic
"A day in your life as an associate..."Could post-MBA folks who are consultants with MBB and others (A.T. Kearney, Deloitte S&O et al) go through how a typical day in their life looks like? ...
Normal topic
Rocketblocks.me Thoughts?I saw that this site was recently launched, and it's been advertised via the founder on WSO. So I was curious what other prospective MC monkeys thought about this? Price: $45/year Includes: (copied from the site) Context - Watch video interviews with former and current consultants discussing every ...
Normal topic
Switching universities in Germany - a wise choice?I started studying political science at TU Darmstadt, but received my admission for the ESB Reutlingen (production management) a few days ago. How much of an advantage for breaking into consulting would it be if I'd switch? Pro: - more target (looking at the recruiting events) - not as "useless" as ...
Normal topic
Monitor Group First Round Interview For Summer InternshipsI was recently invited to a first round interview for Monitor's summer internship program. The interview is on February 4th, and I found out about it this past Saturday. In all honesty I was not expecting to receive an interview offer so I stupidly did not start preparing for the interview until I ...
Normal topic
Slalom consulting?Anybody here knowledgeable about Slalom? I've done a pretty thorough forum search and google search for the firm but could not find anything substantial. I would like very much to chat over PM. ...
Hot topic
Why is McKinsey's Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship only open to students at Harvard, Yale, Penn and Duke?http://www.mckinsey.com/Careers/Apply/University_r... This restriction seems kind of random. Does anyone know if they are strict about it or have plans to apply anyway if not from one of the aforementioned schools? Also, does McK offer any other networking opportunities outside of formal recruiting?...
Normal topic
Want to break into consulting from engineeringHey guys, I'm about to hit the 2 year mark at my engineering firm after grad school that's pretty unrelated to consulting. We do catastrophe modeling and analysis(hurricanes, earthquakes, floods) for clients. Is 2 years too late to go into consulting? How many years is too much??? I'm quickly real...
Normal topic
Huron Consulting GroupHuron Consulting Group - Obviously not 1st tier, but is it 2nd tier? #25 on the Vault consulting prestige rankings last year. ...
Normal topic
MBB Gmat Score POST MBA at HSWWhat are the GMAT cutoffs for MBB at a top 3 school (HSW)? For example if I have a 660+ should I retake the GMAT to be more competitive for interviews? I come from a BB IB background in the M&A group and a decent undergrad with good GPA. Any help would be appreciated. thanks ...
Normal topic
Entry level salaryI have an interview for the analyitcs group at a DC metro area consulting firm. I am a senior and was wondering (if the subject comes up) what strategy should I follow if they ask me my desired salary? a) Review glassdoor and state my amount desired based on that? Or should I never be the first one ...
Normal topic
E&Y FSO TAPHey guys, I've been lurking around for awhile, and I finally decided to create an account to gather some thoughts on this particular question/issue I'm facing. I interviewed with E&Y FSO for the Tech Advisory Program position at the end of November.. That was my second round interview carried ou...
Normal topic
Freeman & Co.anyone know anything about this firm? ...
Normal topic
Best Practice Forecasting for Service FirmsI am looking for a forecasting model or tips on developing a forecasting matrix that can capture business development efforts, labor and backlog, current proposed work, and alliance (rarely proposed or bid on) work. Also, often there are times when existing work is increased by the client - sometime...
0 n/a

Pages