Silver BananaTopicAuthorRepliesFreshnesssort ascending
social life and lifestyle in consulting?? From my understanding, consultants travel M-F. I did an interview at AT Kearney, and they said as long as you can report to "any" office on a few Fridays, you can live anywhere, because M-Thurs is traveling, sometimes even M thru Friday. They said that eventually people just learn to conference-cal...
welcome2nyc
203 years 2 months ago
An unexpected turn of events..So I have a problem. But, it's a good problem... My current situation: In my final year - undergrad. Non-target school. Worked my ass off and currently Interviewing with MBB (minus one B) in location 1 for full time jobs. (preferred country- think NY, London) I also reached out to family friends in...
qwerty2012
113 years 2 months ago
Best Major(s) for MBB Consulting?Been searching the forums and the Internet for a while now and I haven't really found a discussion regarding what majors are favored by MBB. Also, I have seen a lot of industrial engineering majors in MBB, but no business majors. Are these looked down upon or something? ...
er17
193 years 2 months ago
Road to Corporate Finance/Corp DevelopmentI was curious to find out what the best route would be to get into a F100 Corporate Development or Corporate finance group? I'm under the impression that MBB get a lot of love because, beyond their reputation, they experience a significant amount of modeling during their tenure, which allows them to...
Hugo Stiglitz
23 years 2 months ago
McKinsey internship...prior internship experience (P&G vs Disney)Hi, I'm currently a sophomore at a top-tier school. I have two offers, from P&G customer business development (sales) and Walt Disney Industrial Engineering for this upcoming summer of 2013 (rising junior). My ultimate goal is to go towards management consulting, and would like a McKinsey intern...
jbrocks
93 years 2 months ago
Real Skills Learned in Management Consulting & Entrepreneurship I am in between accepting an offer from a management consulting firm and starting a venture on my own.This decision is killing me because everybody tells me to start a business AFTER working in consulting for a couple of years. Yet, I find this very unrealistic because I think a couple years down th...
baba o'riley
53 years 2 months ago
Thoughts Schlumberger Business Consulting?How does SBC rank within the consulting industry? How is the exit opportunity for an MBA or a top consulting firm? How competitive is it to get an entry level business analyst position? Please leave your thoughts about SBC in general. Thanks! ...
cnoo
43 years 2 months ago
Operational Consulting - Back Office? I met several people who work in Deloitte S&O and most of them are involved in operational work. Is this considered to be back office since they are working alot with people from operations at the banks? Thanks ...
bondtradercu
163 years 2 months ago
help! road to consulting decisionGiven a choice between a spring internship at PepsiCo as a project manager for a newly launched branch in innovative equipment and a spring controller internship at GS, which would you decide? I'm on the road to MBB and don't know which position to take ...
udrgrdconsult
13 years 2 months ago
enterprise risk consulting - exit opportunitiesanyone have ideas on exit opportunities for enterprise risk consulting? i start working for deloitte under their enterprise risk services next year and i plan to pursue an MBA a few years down the road as well. just wondering what types of opportunities will be available. thanks for your feedback! ...
teetoo8
23 years 2 months ago
Consulting Holiday Season Hiring ProcessHey, So I am in the interview stage with several consulting firms. I have spoken to managers during the "second" stage and met some during the "final" stage. With consultants usually off the last two weeks of the year, do they hold off on hiring candidates during that year or do they continue the in...
FinServConsultant
23 years 2 months ago
Disclosing confidentiality agreementSo I was going through the new employee paperwork for a consulting gig and said "yes" when asked if I've accepted any confidentiality agreements in the past Over a year ago, I had a short internship and had to sign a confidentiality agreement. I wasn't really exposed to much, if any sensitive inform...
Wally
43 years 2 months ago
Consulting in Portland, OR?Hey everyone, Just curious as to whether anyone works for (or knows of) some consulting firms in Portland, OR? I've been looking around on WSO and I've found a few financial services firms, but not much. I assume it'd mostly be for the logging industry (potentially?) and some tech firms? Thanks! ...
SmokeyTheBear
53 years 2 months ago
BCG ValueScience Center Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone has ever heard of BCG ValueScience Center? Any information would be helpful. What does this division do? What are the projects like? What's the culture like? The people? What type of work would you expect to be doing as a 1st year analyst? Salary? Exit opps? Wha...
morgan90
43 years 2 months ago
Consulting exit ops?So we all know consulting is supposed to have sick exit ops. What's the best way to pursue them? Say if one wants to go work for a Google or tech start up type company? Or private equity? Or something with good work/life balance, maybe non profits? Give me some ideas ... ...
MarginCalling
33 years 2 months ago
Iphone Apps to Practice Case (Math) Interviews?Does anyone have recommendations on iphone apps to practice mental math for case interviewing? I know I've seen stuff online in the past but can't find them now. Thanks. ...
ke18sb
23 years 2 months ago
Financial & accounting knowledge for consultingI'm quite rusty when it comes to interpret financial statements, analyse financial ratios, read cash flow statements etc. Do you guys know a good source to review the essential financial & accounting knowledge needed for consulting interviews? ...
marcrich
43 years 2 months ago
BAH Consultant Salary ConfusionHey everyone, Because salary reporting sites such as Glassdoor lumps salaries for their positions (consultant, associate, etc.), I've been finding it rather difficult to find salaries for specific disciplines/fields. Can anyone point me to where I can find more salary info for entry level Applicatio...
seanj
03 years 2 months ago
Not hearing back after final round of a MBB firm for weeksGot a final round interview of a MBB firm 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. No offer, no rejection. I know even if you got rejected in 1st & 2nd round you would at least get a call for either next round or rejection, but this time it was completely silent. Is it normal? What is goin...
buspar
83 years 2 months ago
Software engineer looking to switch. Advice?I'm a software engineer (BS Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan, 3.2 GPA) who's interested in making the switch to management consulting or strategy consulting. I have about 4.5 years of engineering/development experience at a few different companies, mostly startups. I'd like to tran...
hpk
23 years 2 months ago
Ernst & Young (E&Y) Financial Services Credit Risk ManagementAnyone have any insight to the interview process for the Credit Risk management position within E&Y? I was wondering the type of technical questions the managers ask.... ...
FinServConsultant
03 years 2 months ago
13 yr exp in IT consulting.. advice on moving to IT StrategyI am senior manager in IT consulting firm and dealt with large scale corporate projects from solution architecture to delivery. After a decade of IT, I wanted to move in IT Strategy. I found this forum useful and wanted to get some advice. I see that MBB as top class but wondering how the a career ...
serend79
13 years 2 months ago
Consulting vs. IndustryPretty broad question here, specifically for POST-MBA: If you know you want to end up doing corporate finance (corpdev or strat) in a specific sector (energy, tech, etc), would it be better to just enter directly into F500 or does two years of post-MBA management consulting (MBB) leap you ahead of t...
BRM21o
33 years 2 months ago
Latin American Studies Minor: increase opportunities? Hi. I'm thinking about pursuing a latin american studies minor in addition to an econ major from UChicago. I really liked my spanish classes in high school, and even if I don't get a minor, I feel like it would be good if I mastered the spanish language. If I got a Latin American studies minor, wou...
saints2009
43 years 2 months ago
Lowdown on SolidianceHi all, Can anyone give me the lowdown on Solidiance? They're a Spore-based "management consulting firm" focusing on growth and market entry in tech, industrials and healthcare. Couldn't find much info on them except for one horrid review on Glassdoor. Was wondering if it's worth spending a year or ...
trj
23 years 2 months ago

Pages

WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling