Silver BananaTopicAuthorRepliesFreshnesssort ascending
Basic question about put optionsHi guys, as a prospective monkey I've been a long time fan of WSO but never really contributed to the website, but as I prep for my interviews I thought of a very simple question on options that I couldn't find an appropriate answer to: Why do investors and traders sometimes short-sell instead of pu...
Nourriture
84 years 12 months ago
President Mubarak has stepped downSo the people have finally won, and Mubarak has resigned. Fears of the unrest affecting the Suez Canal has led to Crude + refined products prices rising over the past few days. This might settle the market for awhile, but what's next? Libya? Having seen the success of the people in Egypt will the un...
monkeymark
04 years 12 months ago
Best Trading Platform????So of these, which is the best day trading platform and why? - options xpress - think or swim - esignal - interactive brokers - etrade It seems that the general public thinks think or swim and options xpress are the best? Is it true options xpress requires absolutely 0 minimum deposit to use their d...
lekimbap
04 years 12 months ago
Traders: how would you react to this?Heard about this from a friend in a similar way to bad beat sharing stories, but was wondering what you think of this. You contact your broker to clear a position you entered into to after they had confirmed all your orders were out of the market . They enter your sell order into their system before...
trazer985
24 years 12 months ago
Too Late to apply?Is it too late to apply to an s&t SA position in the US if you have good connections at the bank?i.e can u skip stages, or interview very late on? ...
Ugotpwned
74 years 12 months ago
Pitch me this stock.ATVI - Activision Blizzard ...
Bugs
284 years 12 months ago
S&T summer internship: MS fixed income vs Citi STQA vs UBS securitiesWhich of these programs do you think is the best (no obvious answer of course)? Can anyone with previous internship experience weigh in on their experiences? Culture wise? Work wise? What you got out of the internship? Desk strengths? Thanks. ...
econ_major_5
94 years 12 months ago
FNMA / FMCChttp://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240527487039... Shares of the two were down yesterday because of Q4 losses. Any recommended trading actions/theories you guys have? ...
Bugs
14 years 12 months ago
BofAML S&T Summer Analyst Final Round?Has anyone had a superday yet for BofAML SA for Sales and Trading this year? I have one coming up soon and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for anyone's advice. ...
BigRouge2012
44 years 12 months ago
Few things put a smile on my face....Part1: http://macro-man.blogspot.com/2011/01/markets-mena... Part2: http://macro-man.blogspot.com/2011/01/markets-mena... ...
Bi-Winning
14 years 12 months ago
FS Strategy Consulting ---> S&T?Have you guys ever heard of someone from FS consulting at a decent (not top tier by any stretch) firm lateral over to a sales position at a bank? I've basically given up on trading at a bank, but am quite interested in sales still. Ideally I would like to lateral in at the VP level after getting pr...
manbearpig
94 years 12 months ago
RBS DesksHey guys, Do you know what desks RBS is known for? I have an offer from them. I heard they have a very strong rates derivatives and MBS desk. Anything else they are known for? ...
joyryde
34 years 12 months ago
Is trading actually meritocratic?The term 'meritocratic' is one that gets thrown around a lot during IB campus presentations, however the general consensus amongst everyone I've met is always that connections matter and that ass-kissing to build these connections goes a long way. From what I've managed to research, trading is gen...
BillyVanBarzini
64 years 12 months ago
Fixed Income Mathematics by Robert ZipfIs this a good book for FI trading? I've taken a look at the math in it and it doesn't seem that complex at all (and I don't like the fact that, for instance, he just throws formulas there, without deriving them) . I want to have a brief overview of all major fields and products within FI, but I don...
LBL
34 years 12 months ago
Arcim Advisors?Can anyone speak on the work culture and reputation of Arcim Advisors? A trading firm specializing in commodities ...
Shmoozer
14 years 12 months ago
Offer help - Trading offersall help is appreciated so i'm in an interesting situation i got an offer to join first ny's assistant trader program---for full time but also to summer at baml in their S+T program--- i am able to graduate in may---but for the summer position would graduate in december though fny seems great---am a...
futuretrader1999
74 years 12 months ago
The "Culture" of a bankSince we are slowly migrating from the interview stages to the post offer stage, the threads are starting to move much more towards XYZ vs ABC. I wanted to take time to talk about the "culture" question that keeps coming up. In particular kids asking about the culture of the bank. My one piece of a...
derivstrading
34 years 12 months ago
Most Profitable (Least Efficient?) Trading MarketsI'm an econ student looking to go into trading but I am wondering which markets are least efficient? It seems like the most inefficient markets have the highest return potential, especially since it seems like a trader's economic function is to make markets more efficient by taking advantage of misp...
lekimbap
54 years 12 months ago
Reading the SignsApplied to CS equity Deriv trading etc etc. Did final rounds. Waiting around to hear back this week. From many past rejections, ive sorted notice that HR's response to your emails either flat out don't come or the lag time increases (if you didn't get the job.) Any one experience this sh*t? Or am i ...
pbizzle
54 years 12 months ago
Assistant Trader Internship Program 2011Hello Everyone, I have been reading the posts on this particular forum and I am looking for some help from the board...I am currently attending Rider University, located in NJ and I am majoring in finance. I have been trading penny stocks for 6yrs, day trading them for about a year now and doing qui...
SMRT_TRDR
184 years 12 months ago
Anyone make the jump to trading from bankingLet me disclaimer this by saying yes, I've used the search function but didn't find adequate enough responses. I'm near complete with my first year of banking and I'm not finding it as stimulating as I had hoped (I didn't have high expectations to start with). It'd be a complete lie, however, to say...
froyo
04 years 12 months ago
Future of tradingWhere is there future of trading headed? Are we going to see much more profits from algorithmic trading and high frequency trading? How are the profits from them currently? Are more vanilla trading/arbitrage strategies going to get computerized? ...
ambition56
04 years 12 months ago
SA Advice: UBS S&T, CS Equity S&T, Blackstone BAAM Portfolio Management or Blackrock PMGI'm curious about culture, exit opportunities and compensation/career advancement if I were to stay at these firms longer term. In the future, I would stay on the sell side but likely would want to move to a (quanty) hedge fund. All the positions are in NY btw. Thanks ...
FNCE
24 years 12 months ago
Wells Fargo SIG Final RoundsHey, this is my first time posting so don't rip me apart. I have final rounds with Wells Fargo - Securities and Investment Group this week and was wondering if anyone could provide insight about the questions I'll get and what to do to prepare. Also, any good questions to ask my interviewers? ...
kryptic
364 years 12 months ago
DB HK Global Markets SAI was wondering if anyone already received a summer analyst offer from DB HK Global Markets. I believe last Friday was the last day for interviews in North America. The result suppose to come out this week. Has anyone heard back from them? ...
GekkotheGreat
234 years 12 months ago

Pages

WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling