TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
BB quant trading vs buy side AM(exit ops?)I got offer from both a BB for quant trading and a buy side AM(think vanguard, t rowe, blackrock) for investment analyst. I was wondering which have better exit opps. Especially given that i'm interested in becoming a portfolio manager one day. Thanks ...
Hot topic
You know you're in trouble in a trade when... You know you're in trouble with a trade when you start listening to Lenny Kravitz's 'Are you gonna go my way' in an attempt to will it in your favor. Add your personal favorites/experiences. and not you 50 share trading ameritrade kids at home. ...
Normal topic
U.S. in Vast Insider Trading Probe"Today two fresh faced eager beavers from the FBI showed up unannounced (obviously) on my doorstep thoroughly convinced that my clients have been trading on copious inside information," the email said. "(They obviously have been recording my cell phone conversations for quite some time, with what mo...
0 n/a
Hot topic
Visiting trading floorI got invited to visit a desk and the trading floor at a BB. What would be some good questions to ask? What should i wear... i know many places chew new recruits out for wearing suits, should i not wear one then? What would you guys expect from someone visiting your desk to get to know your product ...
Normal topic
New or Exp. Equity Trader/ Free online Webinar/ Need More Leverage to Trade?http://www.staralliancecapital.com/dimensiontradin... At Star Alliance Capital Partners, we are looking for new traders to join our firm and begin trading equities. We would like to invite you to our free day trading webinar. We would like you to invite you to our free day trading webinar. At this f...
0 n/a
Normal topic
taxes on pay at prop shopIf you're a trader at a prop shop and receive a base and a piece of your PnL , how is the pay from your PnL taxed? Is it taxed as earned income or capital gains? ...
Normal topic
C++/Java vs MatlabMonkeys, I am thinking hard about jumping to quant work and/or trading from science. As a postdoc and grad student, I used Matlab exclusively, and I definitely know Matlab inside and out. However, I have no C++/Java skills. My first question is: is there ANY job in quant/trading that I am even qual...
Normal topic
Resume QuestionHave always wanted to do S&T. After graduating, no luck and managed to get a full time cconsulting position where I worked for 6 months before landing at a smaller s&t firm. While i'm glad I was able to make the jump sooner than later into the right industry, my real goal is to soon use this...
Normal topic
equity derivs job interviewhttp://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7650523/ ...
Normal topic
thank you emailHey, How long after a phone interview would you guys recommend sending a thank you email? Thanks. ...
Normal topic
Best Interest Rate ResourcesI'm looking to learn as much as possible about interest rates and all derivative products and trading strategies. Anyone know any great books or articles? Thanks in advance for your help! ...
Normal topic
On Hold at Citi and GoldmanHi everyone, I am on hold at both Citi and Goldman after superdays. Do you have any advice on how I can accelerate the process? Waiting is just so painful. Thanks in advance!!! ...
Normal topic
Goldman vs. other bankAssuming someone had the possibility to work at an excellent trading desk at an okay bank (BB but not top anymore) or to work at an okay, just about FO-desk (Securities Lending) at Goldmans, which to choose? ...
Normal topic
Trading Rankings by DeskI was looking online and through the threads for an updated and somewhat official list of trading rankings. Anyone know where I can get some figures like trading profits by bank and desk? I know there are league tables for IBD and PE but there doesn't seem to be a comparable ranking comparison for s...
Normal topic
Who makes the decision?After final interviews how does the decision process work? Does the MD have full discretion as to who to select to join his/her group? Or does HR have the final say in things? ...
Normal topic
How to get exposure to California default in up coming months?How to get exposure California unavoidable default CMF already droped a decent chunk is now the time to short? ...
Hot topic
credit suisse 2011 analyst programHi, I'm trying to apply for Credit Suisse 2011 graduate analyst program. I did the quick search to submit online application in Credit Suisse website but can't find any jobs in Americas regions. The deadlines are, I believe, not even close yet. Would someone please help me and explain what's going o...
Normal topic
graduate trading programshello everyone, this is my first post here on WSO. i've been a lurker here for a few years. but i wanted some advice on possible options for me. i want to become a trader and i need advice on some graduate trading program routes. a little background info: ba in economics from a large public school (...
Normal topic
Email List - Energy JobsI am going to start an email list with current energy focused jobs I find or hear about in the Houston area as well as NYC if you would like to be on email list email me at [email protected] ...
Normal topic
Anyone know good trading recruiters?A user recently suggested a recruiter that might be a good contact. Thanks that person! I was wondering if anyone might know any recruiters that are good people to say hi to, specifically for trading. Thanks! as always the illustrious monkeysama ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
ICAP Ass. Centerdid anyone hear back from the icap assesment centers for broking yet? ...
Hot topic
SIGHey, I'm an undergrad junior and will be working with the Susquehanna International Group (SIG) as an Assistant Trader over the summer. I was wondering what people on here think of SIG. Also how highly is an internship with them viewed vis-a-vis a sales and trading internship at a bulge bracket bank...
Normal topic
..... ...
Normal topic
Energy TradingI have an interview tomorrow with a boutique energy trading shop as an entry level trader. I'm coming from consulting and have very little idea of what to expect from this process. Any insight on what types of questions may be asked, best practices for this type of interview, etc. would be appreciat...
Normal topic
Where do traders network?Hi everyone. I'm trying to take a survey of where traders network. So far I got here, facebook, linkedin, alumni networking, and Ceres at the CBOT. I'm trying to find any other social or online venue where I can get my resume out there and seen by the people that need to see it. Any help or suggest...

Pages