Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Hot topic
energy trading questionFirst of all, I was wondering why natural gas price affects electricity price so much in U.S. market. I interned at a trading floor this summer and I saw power traders sit very close to natural gas traders and interact a lot.. There are a lot of other sources of energy like coal, oil, nuclear etc, b...
Normal topic
Where do these people live if they work in CT? Where do these people live if they work in financial sector in CT? Do they commute from NY City (one-hour commute each way)? Do they live itself in CT? How about anyone live in Westchester County, NY and commute to CT? ...
Normal topic
Loan TradingDoes anyone know anything about Loan sales and trading? What's the differences between that and trading say like Mortgage, corporate bonds, swaps..etc ...
Normal topic
Tulane Energy Trading Programmore info http://www.freeman.tulane.edu/programs/mgmt/defaul... ...
Normal topic
Show your interest to trading? Say that you're a career switcher, and you want to get into trading. You're in b school to make this transition and you get a S&T interview. What are some stories that you can sell yourself to the interviewer that you are very into trading? Also, in a trading interview, what kind of questions d...
Normal topic
Seeking AdviceHi. I'm looking for advice on how to get into trading, so I'm posting my resume. I'm sort of am in a strange position career-wise, so I really could use some solid no-nonsense talk. Do I have a shot? If yes do you have any advice on how to get in? I've posted my resume everywhere and it's like they ...
Normal topic
EQUITY TRADER CAREER OPEN HOUSE/ WEDNESDAY NOV 3 2010/ NYCWednesday Nov 03/2010 Equity Traders Career Open House Free Trading info for new or Experienced Traders 40 Wall Street / 5th Floor/ NY NY 10005 ( Trump Building) For more information and free registeration please visit us at : http://www.staralliancecapital.com/dimensiontradin... ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
S&T Resume for FTLong time viewer, first time poster -- looking for any and all advice regarding resume..coming from a good non-target interested in trading equities/commodities FT graduating in May 2011 http://www.razume.com/documents/17320 ...
Normal topic
Chances to get into Trading?Hi everyone, I am new here but I quite enjoy reading these forums. I have finally created an account and want to ask a question: Consider these qualifications: 1) I live in Germany and have studied in the UK and got a 2.1 honours degree in Management (I am not sure what this is in GPA terms). Moreov...
Normal topic
Dimension TradingAnyone have any info on these guys? Are they legit? ...
Hot topic
commodity traders ex energy?Hey guys, So monty already put up a list of all the energy trading firms but what I'm curious for is, aside from Cargill, Louis Dreyfus, Bunge, Glencore, and the other big name shops and banks, who are the other players in non-oil/gas/energy commodities? I've searched and most of the info here is on...
Normal topic
Computer Science major looking for guidanceHello all, I have a friend who has a Comp Sci major at a top college. She's interested in the finance world, and wants to learn more about what areas her degree qualifies her for particularly within S&T, but also in any other areas of the bank. The goal would be a summer internship program at ...
Normal topic
Anglo buy out rumourTo whom it may concern I would hereby like to verify if the anglo american buy out rumour is true? If I heard and understand correctly BHP want to buy Anglo because of economies of scale and because of their excellent earnings results recently. I would appreciate any feedback since I know this wi...
Normal topic
The Proof Is Everywhere That Day Trading Is DEADVery interesting read....did not know that Schonfeld wrote a letter in July saying he would layoff a bunch of traders because of new environment: http://www.businessinsider.com/day-trading-is-dead-2010-10 ...
Normal topic
Urgent- Need a quick answer from an expertSo I got an interview coming up, and I know one of the questions is going to be something on the state of the current US stock market and its future. I know a bunch about the stock market in general, but how am I supposed to come up with this? Do I have to focus on the Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq? Do I...
0 n/a
Normal topic
from sales to tradingis it possible to start in sales and then after maybe two years move to trading? or is it once a salesman always a salesman? ...
Normal topic
GOLD So, i'm at home eating two cheeseburgers from McDonald sipping on ice coffee watching CNBC and JIm Crammer said to buy gold, does this I should buy gold? He is really pushing this :/ OPINION GO! ...
Normal topic
The Fly on the Wall Trial Account and SurveyHello. I am part of a marketing research team at the McCombs School of Business trying to increase the revenue of the Fly on the Wall website. For those of you who do not know, the Fly on the Wall is a financial news website that provides a live feed of up to date investment and financial news that ...
Normal topic
Prop Trading FirmsIs there a prop trading firm in NYC (that doesn't necessarily have to pay fixed salary) but does not require an equity contribution, allows positions to be held overnight and allows traders to trade across many asset classes, FX, options, equities etc. ...
Normal topic
3,177:1 Insider Sell Ratio!!!!The overwhelming volume of sell transactions relative to buy transactions by company insiders over the last six months in key leading sectors of the market is the worst Alan Newman, editor of the Crosscurrents newsletter, has ever seen since he began tracking the data. The largest companies in three...
Normal topic
Wall Street Proprietary Trading Under Cover: Michael LewisWall Street Proprietary Trading Under Cover: Michael Lewis By Michel Lewis - Oct 26, 2010 9:00 PM ET A few weeks ago we asked a simple question: Why are the same Wall Street banks that lobbied so hard to dilute the passages in the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul bill banning proprietary trading now j...
Normal topic
Hot lead going cold?Had an informational interview at a boutique two weeks ago and was told to "Call" the guy back (not email) in a few days. Anyway so a few days went by I call and I can't get a hold of him, try again the following day same story, only this time I also e-mail him at the end of the day; however, Havn't...
Normal topic
Pursuing trading with average math skillsMajor: Econ/Finance Got an A in 1st - 2nd university calculus. B+ in stats. Will be taking econometrics next semester. I looked at some math brain teasers that are asked on interviews and I'm ok with math for school but those questions are way over my head. I'm bad with problem solving questions in ...
Normal topic
CDTID- Clean Diesel TechnologyThis is the worst short squeeze I have ever seen. Eddie, Midas, and everyone else would love your commentary on this. ...
Hot topic
Technicals: Dow touching key levelsI know most of you here do not believe in technicals, but the Dow is very close to the April highs and this might be very strong resistence for the index. I think that we could have a very nasty correction should the dow fail to break above these levels in the next couple of days. Fundies are good s...

Pages