Silver BananaTopicAuthorRepliesFreshnesssort ascending
Some things you can brush up to help for S&TFirst, read Liar's poker. Second, especially if you have interest in derivatives, learn about the main pricing models, and the various risks associated with derivatives. Read the Hull book. Third, if you can't back it up, don't put it on your resume. ...
Jimbo
69 years 5 months ago
Equity Derivatives - How does pay compare? Everybody on this board keeps on saying FI is where to be and to stay away from Equities. Does this apply to Equity Derivatives? Is Equity Derivatives a good place to be? How does the pay compare to FI? ...
jtmarlin
69 years 5 months ago
Which would be more advantageousI know it depends on many circumstances, but what would you think would be better for someone looking into trading: Getting a job as a trader/trader assistant with a new hedge fund that is starting up, or working for one of the big banks going for an analyst position. I am leaning towards the hedge...
tuneman
179 years 5 months ago
Any UM grads here?Hey! I'm new to the forum. I'm a sophomore at the University of Miami. Trying really hard to intern at a bb in S&T. Anybody from Miami also? ...
dpiderit
29 years 5 months ago
Which Undergraduate Education option?In your opinion, which do you think is better for attaining a Sales & Trading job in London and New York respectively? (Please explain your answer) London School of Economics for a BSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics or Columbia University for a BS Operations Research: Financial Engineer...
deadjackal
39 years 5 months ago
Capital Markets vs. Sales and TradingWhat is the difference between these two groups? Specifically, how are the jobs different, the hours, etc. Is syndicated finance usually part of S&T or cap markets? ...
alina987
39 years 5 months ago
Structured Credit vs. Prop TradingI need to make a decision between two offers. Both offers are at BB banks; one is in structured credit focusing on synthetic CDOs; the other is under proprietary trading focusing primarily on the commodities sector. The names for the banks are about equal so no difference in terms of name recognit...
mz2k06
49 years 5 months ago
Wachovia S&T First RoundFrom a blind resume submission on their resume, I secured a first round telephone interview. Who knew that those resumes were actually reviewed! What will I be asked? What's the culture like? Where will I be based (Charlotte or NYC)? What do they excel at? Or where could I find the answers to these...
desecrato
89 years 5 months ago
derivatives deskhow much of a math background is necessary for derivatives structuring? how difficult is it to get a position at a derivatives desk? ...
jerseyboy11
59 years 5 months ago
Credit TradingSpecifically structured products. Anyone know more about payscale, exit opps, entry requirements, interview tips, etc? ...
corgi95
19 years 6 months ago
Sales and Trading ExitsWhat are the exits after a few year stint in S&T? I know options are not as good as M&A , but what is available? And are all big S&T desks in NYC? I am looking to do S&T out of b-school, but in the Bay Area/LA... ...
asht00
99 years 6 months ago
The Hottest DeskWhich trading desk/product is the hottest -the most stressful, choatic, and high bonus market around. ...
219 years 6 months ago
Microtrading at GS?Does anyone know the function of the microtrading desk at GS? I have a third round interview with them, but I've yet to find someone who knows what instruments they deal in. Thanks. ...
y7
09 years 6 months ago
Banking to TradingHas anyone here successfully made the transition from banking to trading? If so how did you go about it as a lateral hire? ...
analyst26
09 years 6 months ago
Buy SideI'm a 25 year old buy side execution trader for a global bank. does anyone have any experience/suggestions as to where people in my position have gone to from my current position? It seems like the job I'm in now would be a great job to have when I'm 45 and have nothing to prove and just want to c...
Tiki
09 years 6 months ago
Questions for SA '07 S&TI will be interviewing for a S&T Summer Analyst position in a few weeks and I was wondering what to expect. How many interviews? How long for each interview? I would like to get into credit derivatives, should I indicate that during the interview? ...
How to save a life
109 years 6 months ago
BEAR STEARNS FASTClearly Bear is a great fixed income shop. Is going through Bear fast a good option? What kinda stuff do you do, how much do you get paid, how long to move onto the trading desk? ...
gekko44
19 years 6 months ago
Equity DesksAre equities truly dead? I feel as though Fixed Income's popularity is merely cyclical right now. For an individual exploring s&t offers at the BB's and other trading firms, would it be best to go into Fixed Income or into Equities? Discuss... ...
Ivybred800
29 years 7 months ago
Prop desk - Best ways to get into such a position I really want to work in a bank and on a prop desk. How can i go about this, what are my best ways to get into such a position. Do prop desks take on Junior/trainee traders ...
jk125
19 years 7 months ago
Poker? - Traders I see a lot of traders poker... does that help ...
flashpwb
09 years 8 months ago
Trading at an HF vs. iBank vs. trading firmWhich of these is the best for someone without experience (regarding compensation and learning to trade)? ...
BenS
19 years 8 months ago
Anyone go to the Trader Monthly party at Harry's?Did anyone else hit this up? The top 30 under 30 thing was actually a very good time. ...
FX master
29 years 8 months ago
From banking to trading - 3 years of banking Does 3 years of banking experience help at all if I were to try to enter trading or a hedge fund? How much do the skill sets require overlap? ...
Pinto
39 years 8 months ago
Are we seeing a vol regime change?VIX index has spiked and dropped. Where is it gonna settle? ...
zhang18
49 years 8 months ago

Pages

WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling