TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
FREE ONLINE WEBINAR/ Need More Capital To Trade And Diversify Your StrategiesFREE ONLINE WEBINAR:http://www.staralliancecapital.com/dimensiontradin... Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM (Eastern Time) Get access to our firm's leverage based on your trading experience. At Star Alliance Capital Partners, we are looking for new and experienced traders to join our fi...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Reuters sponsoring record setting race across the south poleSo we had some of our Reuters reps come into the office yesterday discussing the same old stuff. However, at the end of our conversation one of the sales reps mentioned a competition in which one lucky reuters customer could win a seat on some arctic amphibious assault vehicle that was going to set ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Background check on contestable Cover Letter statement?Hey, I am a little concerned regarding the background check, so I was wondering what you guys think about this: In my cover letter I stated that I did two internships at the same BB in two different divisions and received a full time offer following each internship. However in fact, as the BB does n...
Normal topic
BACKGROUND CHECK QUESTIONhey guys, im a recent graduate from a top target. ive had multiple interviews, yet no offers. not to sounds cocky, but ive really knocked some of these out of the park, and im starting to get curious ... consider this dilemma: I graduated this past May. completed all my coursework, etc. however, bec...
Normal topic
Best Time of the Year to NetworkAnyone know when's the best time to start networking with alumns/professionals and asking for the hookups? ...
Normal topic
Shorting the US governmentSocial Security reached its tipping point and is in the red, socialized healthcare has been enacted, there are long-term inflationary pressures, and the deficit is huge. Any ideas for shorting the U.S. government? - US Treasuries, stips, etc. - Companies that service the government (any specific one...
Normal topic
BKCT Trading in NYC?Anyone know anything about them? Their website doesn't really say a thing other than that they are an equity trading firm. That's it! I figured someone here had perhaps heard something about them... ...
Normal topic
Website Resume Blackhole?For S&T has anyone ever gotten an interview by submitting their resume to the resume drop box on the companies website? I haven't had much luck going that route. In a some what related question are there career fairs Chicago prop shops recruit at other than at universities? I'm two years out of ...
Normal topic
Getting a prop trading job at a place like DRW....It seems like a lot of the people that get hired at DRW and other well-regarded prop groups have programming skills. How likely is it to get hired at DRW if you are good with numbers, but have no programming background? Also, another thing I've noticed about DRW is that they stress on their websit...
Normal topic
Hull, Taleb, Natenberg - What order?I have: 1. "Options, Futures and Other Derivatives", Hull 2. "Dynamic Hedging", Taleb 3. "Option Volatility & Pricing", Natenberg Any suggestions on what order to tackle these books, or which one would be most useful for interview questions/early days on the job at a trading desk? ...
Normal topic
Summer after sophomore yearWhat kind of internships should I be looking for during the summer before junior year? I already have a wealth management internship under my belt and my goal is trading at a BB. I go to a non target that has a fair amount on the street and we have recruiting for operations. Would a summer internshi...
Normal topic
Normal topic
WSO Interview GuideHey, does anybody know which WSO guide I should get for an S&T Interview? And what are your thoughts on the WSO interview guide. ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Here we go: High-Frequency Traders Start Lobbyingfrom bloomberg: The high-frequency trading industry is stepping out of the shadows in Washington. Closely held companies with undisclosed profits and obscure names like Getco LLC, Hard Eight Futures LLC and Quantlab Financial LLC, are beginning to act more like Wall Street banks, cutting checks to ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Mini Flash Crashes Still HappeningI guess the scary reality is that companies are becoming just trading, speculative vehicles, nothing more:http://www.cnbc.com/id/40084612 ...
Normal topic
Eight Reasons You Should Never Become a Day TraderWhen I have a trade go against me, I can sit there and feel the blood pumping through my entire body. I can feel my heartbeat. That might seem like a superpower but it isn't. If you hear every single pulse going all through your body then something very bad is happening.http://www.businessinsider.c...
Hot topic
Which superpower would you rather have?a) Being able to see 1 day into the future. b) Hearing people's thoughts/reading minds. Both give you massive advantage in trading. ...
Normal topic
Banks sending their grads abroad for training (London office)Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a complete list of banks that send their grads abroad for training (London office). I know: Goldman - NYCMerrill Lynch - NYCUBS - Zurich What about: JPMMSCS Deutsche etc... Also, for how long are these stints, especially interested in the UBS one in Zurich! Cheers...
Normal topic
Barcap Trading, Hong Kong officeHi, im a long-time viewer and its my first post. Now I have SA offer from Barclays Capital, trading, Hong Kong Office (no specific desk for SA yet) Does anyone have any idea how Barcap trading is in asia? Top 10? What's the strength of Barcap in trading, asia? And also, can anyone give a rough ranki...
Normal topic
Matlab as a quant languageHow useful is Matlab as a quant language if it is the ONLY one you know? A friend of mine who went quant 7 years ago said that you really need to know C++/C# or java these days to start adding value to the blocks of existing code at most jobs you'll run into. An AM friend said it was fine: know Matl...
Normal topic
HF Quant vs. BB TradingLooking for some advice and thoughts on exit opps. Have a fulltime offer out of undergrad for a quant role beginning summer 2011 at a well established hedge fund (think deshaw/aqr/citadel) in US and an eq. derivatives trading position at a large BB in Asia. Wanted to hear your thoughts on learning ...
Normal topic
Will Citi be brought down to its knees?*not trying to hate on Citi* Dick Bove says Citi will only have to pay 5 billion in put backs ...he also said buy Lehman ...@ 20.... Is this the sign Citi is over? Will history repeat its self? Who is short/has been short Citi? ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Noble Group Superday!Has anyone gone through noble group superday? how is it like? what kind of questions I need to prepare? and do you know which group they are expanding now? ...
0 n/a
Hot topic
What made me want to work on a deskhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYInw9B9BQ ...
Normal topic
Is BKCT former LYNX CAPITAL PARNTERS a SCAM?Early August I was contacted by Lynx Capital Partners, LLC for a 1st round interview. They walked me in a room and two girls were interviewing me for about 45 min when suddenly a fat douche showed up. He started to talk about how he became a trader and kept going for another 30 min annoying the shit...

Pages