Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
best Physical Metal Trading bulletin/report/digestI am wondering what people's opinions are on the best metal market info sources? Which bulleting/market report services does your firm subscribe to? Are they daily or weekly? what kind of info do they publish? do they have comprehensive local FOB prices or just general macro info? I know metal bull...
0 n/a
Normal topic
FREE EDUCATION EQUITY TRADING WORK SHOP / NEW YORK CITY AREAif yo uare interested to start in the trading career we invite you to attend our free day trading education workshop: Tuesday, Nov 9, 2010 at 5 :30 PM 40 Wall Street NY NY 10005 For more information please visit us at: http://www.equitytradingacademy.com/new-ads/ad1/ ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
GS Equities Derivatives Interview HelpI have an interview tomorrow with GS Equities Derivatives Sales(FT). The position is based in HK. I had two rounds in Boston, and this will be the third round. For the first two interviews, I didn't really have technical questions... What kind of questions(fit/technical) should I expect to get? Than...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Bond QuestionWhat happens if a company (or gov't, municipality, etc) can't make it's coupon payments, but is not actually bankrupt? Or, does that make it bankrupt by definition? ...
Normal topic
News ArbitrageSo I've heard of high frequency trading before, and had an idea, and was wondering if someone smarter than me can tell me why it doesn't work. So a little while ago this paper came out from the University of Arizona that managed to data mine Yahoo Finance articles for words that would correlate wit...
Normal topic
Leveraged Loan s&tI am curious if anyone on this site has any input (preferably from experience) on the leveraged loan business. I am doing a rotation on the sales desk this fall and am looking for a day-in-the-life type of commentary. I have been reading various articles on the current environment of the business,...
Normal topic
for BB sales interview, how well do i need to know about various structured products?Hi guys, sorry if my question is too general. I am preparing for a BB sales interview and would really like some guidance here. Basically I know questions like "how do you price xxx" will definitely come up. My question is, how well i need to know about these pricing mechanism of various products? s...
Normal topic
Pairs trading srategy - how to conduct research ?Hi, everyone! May be its not the most suitable section of the forum to post my question, but nevertheless... I need to analyze one particular pair of correlated stocks for market neutral arbitrage trading strategy (short outperfoming stock & long underperfoming), in other words - betting on shri...
Normal topic
trading winter/spring internship?Im in a predicament, 1 year out of school and done perusing a startup, hence currently i have plenty of free time. I want a trading position at a BB but do not have any internship experience. What I gather is that my current option is apply for a summer internship, summer 2010, and then if successf...
Normal topic
Finnburg SwitzerSaw an advert for this firm in the back page of the Sunday Times last week. Ive done a little research and cant find out too much about them, but from what i gather they are a very private firm based in London. I would like to know more however i called up and was told there site would be up within ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
GS Equities One Delta Strategies Interview HELPI'm a junior at a target (HYPMS) studying Math/CS. I have an interview tomorrow with GS One Delta Strategies in equities. The position is equities strat and is for a winter internship. Was wondering if you guys new what types of questions to expect?? HR said " Please have pen and paper handy as he w...
0 n/a
Hot topic
Should I give up?Hey everyone: You must get a lot of these "what are my chances threads?" and are sick to death of them. I don't care, I just want someone to tell me what I should do. I've applied to every legit prop trading firm and have yet to see any interest. I just got a rejection today after calling several t...
Normal topic
S&T Bonus TimelineI've tried to find info on the timeline for S&T bonuses, but there seems to be mixed info. Here is how I understand it now, but I'm not certain: Assuming someone starts work in July of 2011, they will receive a partial bonus for work performed through the end of December 2011. Then, they will ...
Normal topic
TV writer seeks first-hand accountsI'm a writer in LA and I'm working on a TV Pilot that features a Quant as the central character. I'm looking for individuals who wouldn't mind sharing a few first-hand stories about what they do. Anything pertaining to providing risk reports for traders would be especially helpful. Anything color...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Refined Products TradingAnyone have any good resources to learning the fundamentals of how these markets trade? I am looking to learn the physcial aspects of them and what is relevant in economic terms. Thanks ...
Normal topic
ICAP 2011 FT Recruiting?Anybody know when they will be starting up phone interviews for their voice broker positions slated for a 2011 start date? -Tnx Bryce ...
Normal topic
Monthly Preview: November OutlookAnimal Spirits The economist John Maynard Keynes famously coined the phrase "animal spirits" to describe the inexplicable forces behind entrepreneurship, the "spontaneous optimism" that ultimately makes the capitalist system work. While the merits of Keynes' economic theories are these days subject ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
how to jump from a research analyst to a trader within the same deskI'm a senior math and econ major from a target and recently I got hired to a quasi-prop desk at a BB. I'm saying quasi prop because they think themselves as prop although they maintain a little client flow to get around with FinReg.... my position discription says that I was hired as a trading anal...
Normal topic
Free Equity Trader On Line Webinar/ Tuesday Nov 2 / 2010At Star Alliance Capital Partners, we are looking for new traders to join our firm and begin trading equities. We would like you to invite you to our free day trading webinar. We would like you to invite you to our free day trading webinar. At this free webinar you will learn the basics of trading a...
Normal topic
Interest RatesCurious about some of your opinions of where interest rates are heading. Mine is that the fed will use the fact that inflation may be rising as an excuse to lift rates. Thoughts? ...
Normal topic
what would you rather do - er or s&t?if you had two offers in front of you, one being an assistant trader for a boutique and the other being an associate in ER also at a boutique, which of the two would you choose and why ...
Normal topic
ECM, Chinese Wall, S&TI visted a massive trade floor of a BB, and the alumni's told me that those ECM people are isolated in their own area with the glass windows, so they can't interact with the traders on the floor for regulation purposes. Can someone please explain why? I thought those ECM people and traders are all ...
Normal topic
Energy Rodeo 2011 - 30 Days left at $50Get signed up if you have not yet. 30 days until price goes to $75 www.energyrodeo.com ...
Hot topic
energy trading questionFirst of all, I was wondering why natural gas price affects electricity price so much in U.S. market. I interned at a trading floor this summer and I saw power traders sit very close to natural gas traders and interact a lot.. There are a lot of other sources of energy like coal, oil, nuclear etc, b...
Normal topic
Where do these people live if they work in CT? Where do these people live if they work in financial sector in CT? Do they commute from NY City (one-hour commute each way)? Do they live itself in CT? How about anyone live in Westchester County, NY and commute to CT? ...

Pages