Best Petroleum Trading Internships?

Hi guys - I am interested in Petroleum trading internships, such as what BP or Shell might offer. These are the only two companies I have found that offer them so far, I was wondering if there were any others you could reccomend

Best Response

You should put all your effort into landing an internship at the bank so you can leverage their training program, the network and brand name, and have access to the entire world of players: producers, hedge funds, and locals (mkt makers).

You can also try to land one at one of the commodity focused hedge funds like Jamison Capital Partners, which also takes interns.

Landing an internship will depend more on your hustle than applying through a formal program. Search for Heat, Products, Distillates, Fuel, and WTI options traders on Linkedin to find out who is on the desk and hustle your way to a coffee meeting or office visit. Practice and hone your pitch on everyone you know before even attempting to contact these people. It helps to know something about the mkt as well ;) ... (Read Oil 101 and get your hand on some oil mkt pitch books from the banks to learn the language)

Good luck

"Bulls take the stairs, bears take the elevator" "Sell a teenie, lose your weenie"

Ut similique et animi voluptate dignissimos. Impedit delectus est placeat incidunt rerum. Numquam inventore velit molestias omnis illo. Repudiandae nemo nihil laboriosam libero expedita. Quos nihil et error consequatur nesciunt et. Natus soluta sunt aut illum dolores.

Eius enim necessitatibus similique enim non sunt velit nisi. Reiciendis enim blanditiis dolorum quis aut. Voluptates amet ex ex.

Mollitia sit temporibus a voluptas et rerum voluptatem. Quisquam quaerat nihil tempora repellendus corporis molestiae qui.

Vitae est expedita impedit facilis quo hic. Quos ullam nobis blanditiis velit deserunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”