2013 salaries?

if im not mistaken, 2013 salary data should come out around now. any news? 2012 entry level salaries were the same as 2011 so maybe we'll see some growth in the 2013 numbers? (management consulted predicted as much: http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/20…)

or if no one has numbers, anyone know when they tend to come out?

mochadoubleshot:
ok so based on what timlambcurry said, MBB post-MBA salaries have gone up a bit since all three were 135 base, 20 signing last year. wonder if that also means that salaries are rising this year (after remaining stagnant last year) and if that rise will also be seen in post-undergrad offers.

After looking at my document, I wanted to correct this. It appears to be 135k until January 2014, then it becomes 140k. So depending on your start date, your first year's compensation would be somewhere between the two. I can't imagine this would matter to anyone as an August to August time line would make the salary something like 138k, but I didn't want anyone to have the wrong information.

For those looking for trends, I believe the above was also true of last year's class. But you'd have to turn to redninja or someone to confirm that. The signing bonus does appear to have gone up, though.

timlambcurry:
mochadoubleshot:
ok so based on what timlambcurry said, MBB post-MBA salaries have gone up a bit since all three were 135 base, 20 signing last year. wonder if that also means that salaries are rising this year (after remaining stagnant last year) and if that rise will also be seen in post-undergrad offers.

After looking at my document, I wanted to correct this. It appears to be 135k until January 2014, then it becomes 140k. So depending on your start date, your first year's compensation would be somewhere between the two. I can't imagine this would matter to anyone as an August to August time line would make the salary something like 138k, but I didn't want anyone to have the wrong information.

For those looking for trends, I believe the above was also true of last year's class. But you'd have to turn to redninja or someone to confirm that. The signing bonus does appear to have gone up, though.

timlambcurry, did you mean start dates by January 2013? Also, how negotiable are base or bonus? I have heard base is rigid but bonus more negotiable, any color commentary from your experience?

possible. I'm not sure the cause, but the signing bonus bump was very last minute (people who had accepted offers got their 20k and now are getting 5k extra).

I wonder if one of MBB got tired of losing the occasional person to Deloitte because of their huge signing bonus (not to mention tuition payments), so they decided to close the gap. I don't know if such a gap really exists for undergrads.

Best Response
qwerty2012:
€33k + Bonus up to €8k for a southern European country for MBB seems low...

Accenture pays £31,500 + £10,000 signing bonus (6 in Yr1, 4 in Yr2) in the UK - I assumed MBB would pay more than that? Also its Euros and Pounds...

Have you been following any news in the last, umm, 3-5 years? When Portugal, Spain & Co have up to 50% youth unemployment, what do you think will happen to entry level salaries?

Of course MBB pays more than Accenture. But MBB Mogadishu probably pays less than Accenture NYC.

24837:
qwerty2012:
€33k + Bonus up to €8k for a southern European country for MBB seems low...

Accenture pays £31,500 + £10,000 signing bonus (6 in Yr1, 4 in Yr2) in the UK - I assumed MBB would pay more than that? Also its Euros and Pounds...

Have you been following any news in the last, umm, 3-5 years? When Portugal, Spain & Co have up to 50% youth unemployment, what do you think will happen to entry level salaries?

Of course MBB pays more than Accenture. But MBB Mogadishu probably pays less than Accenture NYC.

33K Euro = £26-27K. But I do think MBB being at the top would still be paying top salaries to attract the best minds. I wouldn't say Germany, Scandinavian countries etc becuase of the language issues; but a candidate who can get in at MBB in southern Europe could very well apply to UK and get a higher salary.

It also depends on how much they value prestige/long term career prospect/business school applications etc.

But you do make sense.

I have no idea on negotiability.

And no, I meant 2014. Keep in mind my start date will be August 2013, so what it means is that I'll be paid 11,250 a month (135k annual rate) for August, September, October, November and December. Then January 2014 rolls around I'll get paid 11,666 a month going forward. If I started January 2014 (which was an option), I'd get paid 11,666 a month at the start.

At least that's how I read it. My error was that I saw last year's contract which was essentially the same only with the years different, so I assumed they were just upping first year compensation to 140k a year. But I guess they use this structure for whatever reason.

Anyone have visibility into whether McK is starting to pay performance bonuses to their BAs this year? I know at least one office added a performance bonus component to the comp package, but some cross offers I talked to said same as last year.

Acheron:
Anyone have visibility into whether McK is starting to pay performance bonuses to their BAs this year? I know at least one office added a performance bonus component to the comp package, but some cross offers I talked to said same as last year.

EDIT: Bad info, no bonus from the SF office.

Friend received an advisory associate offer from PwC. She has a non-MBA master's from a top public university. $68K base, $5k sign-on and no mention of end-of-year bonus. This is for a west coast office.

How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer…merciless…insatiable.

ventjock:
Friend received an advisory associate offer from PwC. She has a non-MBA master's from a top public university. $68K base, $5k sign-on and no mention of end-of-year bonus. This is for a west coast office.

Does your friend have relevant experience prior to her masters? Was this for an experienced associate or sr associate position? Thanks

Interested in the healthcare industry? Join our group! http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/group/healthcare

caesar:
ventjock:

Does your friend have relevant experience prior to her masters? Was this for an experienced associate or sr associate position? Thanks

Two years at a healthcare law firm as a paralegal, undergrad from Berkeley, and summer internship at a top ranked west coast health system. The offer was for the healthcare vertical. Master's degree is in health administration.

How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer…merciless…insatiable.

sorta late in the game. just confirmed offer with boutique firm.

90k base, 10k signing, 10% bonus, and 10% base profit sharing.

coming out of a top public uni with non-MBA masters degree

Et ut nesciunt ipsam laborum. Tempore sit asperiores esse consequatur odio qui. Doloribus autem voluptatum culpa consectetur enim rerum cupiditate.

Laboriosam at est repellat vitae quae assumenda quo. Aut eveniet veniam numquam deserunt quod voluptatem dolorum doloremque.

"Just go to the prom and get your promotion. That's the way the business world works. Come on, Keith!" - The Boss

Porro cumque modi dolor nisi ut voluptatum. Quibusdam consequatur tempora tempore nesciunt delectus veritatis id. Totam vitae qui esse illo enim laudantium. Quis et beatae id aut adipisci eum. Optio rerum rem eius unde architecto rerum vel laboriosam. Ea autem aut expedita excepturi dolor.

Autem consectetur quod sapiente voluptates occaecati. Soluta et libero nisi qui. Ut quibusdam alias quas aut quibusdam architecto et. Ex et ut aut laudantium. Ab deleniti architecto rerum. Inventore voluptas consequuntur impedit inventore enim eveniet ratione.

"Just go to the prom and get your promotion. That's the way the business world works. Come on, Keith!" - The Boss

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (99) $225
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (549) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”