Pages

• Sharebar

if im not mistaken, 2013 salary data should come out around now. any news? 2012 entry level salaries were the same as 2011 so maybe we'll see some growth in the 2013 numbers? (management consulted predicted as much: http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/201...)

or if no one has numbers, anyone know when they tend to come out?

The WSO Advantage - Management Consulting

Consulting Case Interview Guide

Real Cases Revealed from Top Firms. Learn More.

GMAT Prep Promo

$333 Off GMAT Training. Learn More.

Resume Help from Consulting Pros

Land More MBB Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Consulting Mentor

Realistic Mock Case Interviews. Learn More.

Comments (57)

• PorcineAviation's picture

Too early. Usually sourced from offerees, who won't start seeing contracts for a couple of months.

• happypantsmcgee's picture

Our first year package for non returning analysts is 68k base 15k sign and 1.5k relo

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

• Status_Quo's picture

Sub'd

http://ayainsight.co/ Curating the best advice and making it actionable.

• JackDevlin's picture

Good thread. I'll be starting at a large, non MBB firm in 2013 and will be at 75K base, 7K sign on. Year end bonus most likely at 3% - 7% and profit sharing. Anyone else have '13 numbers?

• timlambcurry's picture

140k base, 25k signing, up to 30% bonus, 5% base+bonus retirement profit sharing. Not sure what relocation will be.

• AlexandraB's picture

Ok please tell me these are not all entry level salaries...

• Kenny Powers's picture

Large firm: 72.5K base, 12.5k signing, not sure about year end bonuses.

My drinkin' problem left today, she packed up all her bags and walked away.

• mochadoubleshot's picture

ok so based on what timlambcurry said, MBB post-MBA salaries have gone up a bit since all three were 135 base, 20 signing last year. wonder if that also means that salaries are rising this year (after remaining stagnant last year) and if that rise will also be seen in post-undergrad offers.

• timlambcurry's picture

possible. I'm not sure the cause, but the signing bonus bump was very last minute (people who had accepted offers got their 20k and now are getting 5k extra).

I wonder if one of MBB got tired of losing the occasional person to Deloitte because of their huge signing bonus (not to mention tuition payments), so they decided to close the gap. I don't know if such a gap really exists for undergrads.

• xuentai's picture

MBB - post undergrad Class of 2013

Same as 2012 comp package.

• In reply to AlexandraB
    xuentai's picture

72 base, 5 sign, relocation, 16.5% bonus, 5% profit share, no matching contribution for retirement

for those that know the offers from last year...gives away the firm.

The WSO Advantage - Management Consulting

Consulting Case Interview Guide

Real Cases Revealed from Top Firms. Learn More.

GMAT Prep Promo

$333 Off GMAT Training. Learn More.

Resume Help from Consulting Pros

Land More MBB Interviews. Learn More.

Find Your Consulting Mentor

Realistic Mock Case Interviews. Learn More.

• WhiteHat's picture

Who are these numbers for?

• Consultingguy's picture

I am a starting analyst in MBB and the salary in a southern European country in Europe is EU33k + Bonus up to EU8k

• In reply to xuentai
    IBTeaching's picture

xuentai:
    72 base, 5 sign, relocation, 16.5% bonus, 5% profit share, no matching contribution for retirement

Welcome homeslice. Que ciudad?

• In reply to WhiteHat
    hamm0's picture

WhiteHat:
    Who are these numbers for?

Guessing consulting ( Consulting Cabaret post location)

• qwerty2012's picture

EU33k + Bonus up to EU8k for a southern European country for MBB seems low...

Accenture pays PS31,500 + PS10,000 signing bonus (6 in Yr1, 4 in Yr2) in the UK - I assumed MBB would pay more than that? Also its Euros and Pounds...

• In reply to xuentai
    exceptionruled's picture

xuentai:

Hey it says here BCG offers 15% contribution for retirement, is this not true anymore? http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/201... Did your offer letter specifically state there is no matching contribution or did you hear that from someone else. I mean 15% is HUGE.

• In reply to qwerty2012
    24837's picture

qwerty2012:

Accenture pays PS31,500 + PS10,000 signing bonus (6 in Yr1, 4 in Yr2) in the UK - I assumed MBB would pay more than that? Also its Euros and Pounds...

Have you been following any news in the last, umm, 3-5 years?
    When Portugal, Spain & Co have up to 50% youth unemployment, what do you think will happen to entry level salaries?

Of course MBB pays more than Accenture.
    But MBB Mogadishu probably pays less than Accenture NYC.

• In reply to 24837
    qwerty2012's picture

24837:
    qwerty2012:

Have you been following any news in the last, umm, 3-5 years?
    When Portugal, Spain & Co have up to 50% youth unemployment, what do you think will happen to entry level salaries?

Of course MBB pays more than Accenture.
    But MBB Mogadishu probably pays less than Accenture NYC.

33K Euro = PS26-27K. But I do think MBB being at the top would still be paying top salaries to attract the best minds. I wouldn't say Germany, Scandinavian countries etc becuase of the language issues; but a candidate who can get in at MBB in southern Europe could very well apply to UK and get a higher salary.

It also depends on how much they value prestige/long term career prospect/business school applications etc.

But you do make sense.

• In reply to exceptionruled
    xuentai's picture

exceptionruled:
    xuentai:

Hey it says here BCG offers 15% contribution for retirement, is this not true anymore? http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/201... Did your offer letter specifically state there is no matching contribution or did you hear that from someone else. I mean 15% is HUGE.

I asked HR and they said there was no contribution. The offer letter said there was a PSRF which historically you get 5% and a 401k you can use, nothing about a matching contribution. If someone else in the states has an Class of 2013 offer WITH the 15% would love to know about that. Like you said...that is a huge difference.

• exceptionruled's picture

Wow that's a HUGE disappointment. I'll ask them sometime this week and let you know why I hear. Have you accepted yet and what office are you in?

• In reply to mochadoubleshot
    timlambcurry's picture

mochadoubleshot:
    ok so based on what timlambcurry said, MBB post-MBA salaries have gone up a bit since all three were 135 base, 20 signing last year. wonder if that also means that salaries are rising this year (after remaining stagnant last year) and if that rise will also be seen in post-undergrad offers.

After looking at my document, I wanted to correct this. It appears to be 135k until January 2014, then it becomes 140k. So depending on your start date, your first year's compensation would be somewhere between the two. I can't imagine this would matter to anyone as an August to August time line would make the salary something like 138k, but I didn't want anyone to have the wrong information.

For those looking for trends, I believe the above was also true of last year's class. But you'd have to turn to redninja or someone to confirm that. The signing bonus does appear to have gone up, though.

• shirking's picture

From the offers I'm looking at:

72.5K + 10K bonus (commercial)
    70K + 8K bonus + 2K relocation (federal)
    68K + ?? (federal)

• In reply to timlambcurry
    BikerGuy's picture

timlambcurry:
    mochadoubleshot:

After looking at my document, I wanted to correct this. It appears to be 135k until January 2014, then it becomes 140k. So depending on your start date, your first year's compensation would be somewhere between the two. I can't imagine this would matter to anyone as an August to August time line would make the salary something like 138k, but I didn't want anyone to have the wrong information.

For those looking for trends, I believe the above was also true of last year's class. But you'd have to turn to redninja or someone to confirm that. The signing bonus does appear to have gone up, though.

timlambcurry, did you mean start dates by January 2013? Also, how negotiable are base or bonus? I have heard base is rigid but bonus more negotiable, any color commentary from your experience?

• timlambcurry's picture

I have no idea on negotiability.

And no, I meant 2014. Keep in mind my start date will be August 2013, so what it means is that I'll be paid 11,250 a month (135k annual rate) for August, September, October, November and December. Then January 2014 rolls around I'll get paid 11,666 a month going forward. If I started January 2014 (which was an option), I'd get paid 11,666 a month at the start.

At least that's how I read it. My error was that I saw last year's contract which was essentially the same only with the years different, so I assumed they were just upping first year compensation to 140k a year. But I guess they use this structure for whatever reason.

• In reply to BikerGuy
    devildog2067's picture

BikerGuy:
    Also, how negotiable are base or bonus?

They're not.
  • jm442's picture

75K base, 10K signing bonus + yearly bonus (not sure how much but from the people I've talked to 1st year all in is around 100-110K)

• In reply to jm442
    midwesttarget's picture

So I have an offer from a Midwest Bain office for a Ac position. sell weekend started yesterday and we all had offer letters. At the end of yesterday the partner informed us that he had good news and all our salaries would be higher. we would get new offer letters soon. I don't know the new numbers but the old one was the 70k base. Anyone has any idea what those new numbers are

• Acheron's picture

Anyone have visibility into whether McK is starting to pay performance bonuses to their BAs this year? I know at least one office added a performance bonus component to the comp package, but some cross offers I talked to said same as last year.

• In reply to timlambcurry
    BCGDreamer's picture

timlambcurry:
    140k base, 25k signing, up to 30% bonus, 5% base+bonus retirement profit sharing. Not sure what relocation will be.
    This is what I was referring to for my post above.
  • In reply to Acheron
    RealAnalysis's picture

Acheron:
    Anyone have visibility into whether McK is starting to pay performance bonuses to their BAs this year? I know at least one office added a performance bonus component to the comp package, but some cross offers I talked to said same as last year.

EDIT: Bad info, no bonus from the SF office.

• ventjock's picture

Friend received an advisory associate offer from PwC. She has a non-MBA master's from a top public university. $68K base, $5k sign-on and no mention of end-of-year bonus. This is for a west coast office.

How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer...merciless...insatiable.

• In reply to ventjock
    caesar's picture

ventjock:
    Friend received an advisory associate offer from PwC. She has a non-MBA master's from a top public university. $68K base, $5k sign-on and no mention of end-of-year bonus. This is for a west coast office.

Does your friend have relevant experience prior to her masters? Was this for an experienced associate or sr associate position? Thanks

Interested in the healthcare industry? Join our group!
    http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/group/healthcare

• In reply to caesar
    ventjock's picture

caesar:
    ventjock:

Does your friend have relevant experience prior to her masters? Was this for an experienced associate or sr associate position? Thanks

Two years at a healthcare law firm as a paralegal, undergrad from Berkeley, and summer internship at a top ranked west coast health system. The offer was for the healthcare vertical. Master's degree is in health administration.

How would I describe myself? Three words: hard working, alpha male, jackhammer...merciless...insatiable.

• In reply to ventjock
    caesar's picture

ventjock:
    caesar:
    ventjock:

Two years at a healthcare law firm as a paralegal, undergrad from Berkeley, and summer internship at a top ranked west coast health system. The offer was for the healthcare vertical. Master's degree is in health administration.

Interesting. Appreciate the info; been looking at MHA or MPH options myself. SB +1

• In reply to caesar
    ventjock's picture

caesar:
    ventjock:
    caesar:
    ventjock:

Interesting. Appreciate the info; been looking at MHA or MPH options myself. SB +1

NP. I was offered an internal consulting position at a very reputable large healthcare system working 40-45hrs a week, every other Friday off, and of course no travel for $70K in the same city. I thought the PwC offer was $hit.
    I was surprised that she didn't get offered an Experienced Associate position.

• In reply to ventjock
    caesar's picture

To unlock this content for free, please login / register below.

Connecting helps us build a vibrant community. We'll never share your info without your permission. Sign up with email or if you are already a member, login here Bonus: Also get 6 free financial modeling lessons for free ($200+ value) when you register!

Pages