accelerated sa interviews

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the accelerated IBD SA interviews for kids that are studying abroad in the spring semester. I feel like these will be uber-competitive. Has anyone been through this? Success stories? Do any MM banks offer this option?

the general purpose of accelerated interviews are for people who are going abroad in the spring semester and cannot participate in reguar time interviewing however, if you are not at a target, you virtually have 0 chance of getting in accelerated

this is because accelerated interviews are a highly structured process, and banks want to make sure they are not losing out on talent that wants to go study abroad. generally speaking, accelerated is therefore done through schools, not individuals themselves.

the only bank that accepts accelerated applications from non targets is JPM

matayo:

generally speaking, accelerated is therefore done through schools, not individuals themselves

That sucks. Also sucks that my school is being insanely shitty to me right now. I was seriously looking into an accelerated 2015 SA process.

Suppose for whatever reason I take the 2014-2015 school year off and extend my graduation to 2017...can I still get 2015 SA interviews?? I'm curious. How bad would that look?

GS does have an accelerated process for students from non-targets, it will not be on your campus but it is up to you to get in touch with the recruiter and tell them you are interested in participating in the accelerated process. That said, I think all the other similar have similar if not exactly the same process in place. Recruiters will get managers to interview you at ANY time- if they think you are a good candidate. Try to find any connection who can forward your resume to the recruiter and stand up for you.

This thread should hopefully help as we move on with the process: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/2015-sa-dates-and-updates

I think GS is the only one that does this...other firms not too sure. but if your connected i heard its easier. heard someone from my school talked to a MD at DB and the MD loved him and this guy got an offer on the spot.

Hell no. Think about it, those in an accel process, either have exploding offers, are exceptionally strong candidates, or have connections in the bank (Daddy is MD), that they have no reason to wait for regular recruiting. There are some select cases that it can be easier such as programs for minorities though...

I went through accelerated for SA recruiting, and then the normal process for FT recruiting this past fall. I honestly didn't notice a difference between the difficulty of the interviews, questions asked, number of interviews, etc. The differences I noticed were; HR was much more accommodating during the accelerated process, there were more candidates with "connections," in the accelerated process, and almost everyone in the accelerated process had multiple offers/superdays where it was probably clear to the bank that they needed to wrap up the candidate early.

It's generally organized between the banks and the respective campus career centers. They'll send a list of their top candidates and we invite them to events etc to poke around and see if they're okay. Not sure about the US but all of the banks do it in Canada. The banks have an agreement among on another to not do any accelerated unless if with a previously engaged candidate so right before the cut-off they hold all of these events so that they can check the box on having a previous relationship with the candidate.

Same shoes here. Don't know about your school but my school (target) campus recruiting starts pretty soon this year and will wrap up all interviews early Nov. Career office said offers will be made before Thxgiving. So chances are everyone (BB) is following suite since GS launched early round last year and snatched the best of the class from every school

Officiis accusantium error ut quidem atque omnis. Ab voluptates occaecati voluptatum commodi excepturi.

Saepe repellendus soluta animi repellat doloribus. Sed consequatur vitae fugit. Molestias cum nam possimus nihil pariatur architecto.

Id quas in sunt. Nihil beatae est temporibus in. Iste et impedit in mollitia maxime deleniti soluta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”