2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Figured there had to be a good amount of hockey fans on here, wanted to see what you guys thought about this years playoffs.

Being a Michigander, pulling to see my Wings make it to the final, but realistically I think the Rangers will make it from the east. The west is a little harder to predict for me, I think either the Canucks or Blues will be in the final for sure, but I would still have the Rangers winning it all in 6 games.

Curious to see what you guys think. Go Wings.

Holy crap. I can't believe so many other people have Blues vs. Rangers in the finals.

I have the wings getting knocked out second round. If I wasn't from Detroit I'd have them getting knocked out by Tampa. Last night's game proved the motto "I'd rather be lucky than good." That's not going to pull them through another 3 games.

All I can say though is that as much as I hate NBC having control over all the TV rights, I love that they owns so many channels because I get to watch all the Wings games out here.

make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier

Best Response
Skinnayyy:

Holy crap. I can't believe so many other people have Blues vs. Rangers in the finals.

I have the wings getting knocked out second round. If I wasn't from Detroit I'd have them getting knocked out by Tampa. Last night's game proved the motto "I'd rather be lucky than good." That's not going to pull them through another 3 games.

All I can say though is that as much as I hate NBC having control over all the TV rights, I love that they owns so many channels because I get to watch all the Wings games out here.

I don't think you can ever count the Wings out with the sheer depth of their experience. At the very least it should keep them alive through 6 games.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

That's true. It really is unfair to most other teams! ;)

Did anyone else know that Johnny hockey was only 150 pounds? Holy cow. I knew he was small, but that is tiny!! I'd be scared to get Kronwalled if I were him!

As poorly as the Blackhawks have played towards the end of the year, they showed some grit after giving up 3 goals in the first and coming back to win. Granted, it was against the Predators who haven't been playing great themselves, I think the Hawks will make it through this series. To have a chance to go far, they would have to hit their peak at the end of the predators series, and avoid going 7 games, then get out of the Blues/Minnesota series with as little energy expended as possible. Two 7 game grinds, wouldn't bode well for them going into the western conference finals

I agree, we (the Wings) got lucky last night, Bishop played a terrible game and mrazek stood on his head for us. No way Tampa allows us to come back to Detroit with a 2-0 series lead, they will take the next one for sure. I think this will still be a 7 game series, but Tampa will be the one who moves forward.

the Ducks looked solid last night, especially against a physical Jets team, they could potentially make a run. Anderson is a hell of a goalie, made some unreal saves last night.

"My name's Ralph Cox, and I'm from where ever's not gonna get me hit"

Blackhawks need to play better if they want to make it through the West but with Kane back and hopefully Darling settling in at goalie they can pick up some momentum.

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen." - JP Morgan

I think the new guys played a major role yesterday, the first time I have really seen them make a contribution, hopefully that gets them rolling and Timonen can be a reliable third line player getting his minutes. Keeping Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson fresh is key, especially after how our defense looked in game 2 so you need your 3 other defensemen to play their minutes too... I think the Hawks experience and playoff grit can get them by Nashville because Nashville wasn't playing their best either, but have shown some tenacity which will still make it a challenge. I think they can make a run if they get out of the 2nd series against Wild or Blues in less than 7 games.

Skinnayyy Aaaand bringing it back to the Joe for the Wings!

Tough loss for my Isles last night. Caps played pretty well but were gooning it up a lot. Time to refocus and sock it to em in Game 5....scoring a hat trick would be the best revenge for that giant hit on Visnovsky!

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Liking our chances being up 2 games to 1 with game 4 at the Joe again, hell of a game. I'm pulling for the isles too, I think they'll be able to finish the caps off in 6

Expecting the Hawks to close out the Preds tonight..Nashville has alot of fight but losing in last game after all those extra periods has to be pretty demoralizing especially when Patrick Kane never really got going. Could be really important to get the extra days rest when it looks like Blues v Wild is going 7.

"When you expect things to happen - strangely enough - they do happen." - JP Morgan

Talk about a broken play though on the Kane goal though... tipped pass and a hopeful slash at the puck and somehow Kaner finds it and puts it five hole. Dubnyk wishes he had that one back....

I have a rather difficult decision to make tonight... play hockey or watch game 7...

For part two... where's everyone watching the game at tonight!?

Probably one of the most exciting and intense games I've watched in a long time. Congrats on the win, I thought you guys deserved it. Lunqvist played out of his mind. Good to see you guys get to the win, especially after that dirty hit by Orpik. Thoughts about the next series vs. the lightning?

I think I'm one of the few that have seen Anaheim going for the cup this year. It'll be the big hitting Anaheim vs. the speed of the Rangers. Should make for an interesting finals if that's how it works!

Velit illum consequuntur qui cum quisquam corporis. Fugiat doloremque laboriosam ipsum quis sed. Et accusamus velit facere ab fugiat ut.

Repudiandae nihil repudiandae aliquid minus fugit ut. Explicabo qui consequatur aut explicabo dolor perferendis expedita.

Quaerat facere sit placeat. Quia quia voluptatem voluptatem veritatis laborum eum. Similique quo mollitia consequatur laboriosam ullam alias. Sit fugiat impedit adipisci et. Pariatur excepturi odio reprehenderit est ut.

Commodi ducimus repudiandae eligendi ullam ut dolores molestiae. Porro sit excepturi blanditiis consequatur. Est ab officia iure qui.

Libero quia atque et incidunt. Earum enim consequatur sed accusantium est.

Dolor quia in consequatur ab excepturi repudiandae quia. Quo harum vitae aut voluptatibus ad architecto aliquid. Harum non provident est reiciendis optio deleniti quia.

Delectus enim doloremque sequi. Provident autem voluptatem incidunt dolorem suscipit ratione. Consequatur laudantium nemo mollitia vel aut.

Porro qui alias tempore voluptatum quaerat aut quidem doloremque. Quis at enim maiores quas. At voluptates consectetur quisquam est. Aut at autem iste quia qui provident assumenda deserunt. Eaque modi est dolore illum occaecati. Facere assumenda cum vel qui placeat ab.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”