2016 Official "Super Tuesday" Thread

Curious to hear what you young liberals and conservatives think. This will be an ongoing thread through tonight and tomorrow. I predict Clinton and Trump will distance themselves from their competitors tonight.

Kasich just predicted the Donald would sweep all Super Tuesday states, and I tend to agree with him. I honestly think any push back from the establishment GOP is too little, too late at this point. They helped create this monster, and they better focus now on how they can shape Trump into a President, because he's looking like he's going to be the nominee--whether they like it or not.

Tycho Brahe:

Kasich just predicted the Donald would sweep all Super Tuesday states, and I tend to agree with him. I honestly think any push back from the establishment GOP is too little, too late at this point. They helped create this monster, and they better focus now on how they can shape Trump into a President, because he's looking like he's going to be the nominee--whether they like it or not.

Agreed, the only state I see him possibly losing today is Texas, and that will still be close.

Going to drink heavily tonight. Were going to have Trump vs. Clinton come November. God help us.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

juniormistmaker:

What on earth is wrong with Americans? It's scary that Trump is going to be the Republican nominee. For those who haven't seen it yet, watch John Oliver light Trump on fire for 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DnpO_RTSNmQ?feature=oembed

That was excellent.

All chances of Trump losing are done after today. If Cruz/Rubio had dropped out and supported the other, I think there may have been a chance.

On campus, everyone is pushing hard for Bernie, and I don't doubt that he'll do okay. But, okay isn't enough. Clinton should start to close out the race after taking more delegates today.

This year has actually played out pretty much exactly as I predicted. I think people underestimated Trump's ability to sell himself and his nationalist view point's attractiveness. Then, you have Bernie losing, because he never went hard enough for the jugular to push him the last little bit over Hillary.

Don't see why people don't like Clinton on this site, tbh. She was a Goldwater girl and all the big banks are funding her. She's honestly probably the most fiscally conservative candidate in this election at this point, as sad as that is.

tradingonwheels:

Don't see why people don't like Clinton on this site, tbh. She was a Goldwater girl and all the big banks are funding her. She's honestly probably the most fiscally conservative candidate in this election at this point, as sad as that is.

Indeed, you'd assume everyone on this site would be supporting Clinton. She literally IS the establishment.

With regards to Trump, the GOP has no one to blame but themselves. They created this monster through years of regressive rhetoric and policymaking, which have been COMPLETELY divergent with the rest of the developed world. The Republican Party desperately needs a reformation if it is going to be viable into the future. The more 'moderate' and sensible Republicans need to split from the evangelicals, neocons and racists.

Unfortunately, the latter group of republicans outnumber the more sensible 'moderates', which is why you've got people like Trump and Cruz leading against Rubio, and even more sensible people like Kasich with next-to-nothing.

Best Response
thebrofessor:

I think it doesn't matter, if we get trump or bernie in, we'll just have gridlock for 4 more years. doesn't matter kiddies.

Agreed. Both parties are growing more radical. I think the hostility from both camps will result in political gridlock in years to come--no matter the President. Short of responding to huge scale national emergencies à la 9/11, I think the days of bipartisan cooperation on almost any issue is over (and frankly, national emergencies get quickly politicized, too). These are partisan times, and there are more partisan times ahead.

At this point it's hard to ever imagine a "great unifier" candidate--one who could bring both sides together and foster at least a professional and polite relationship between parties--ever existing. If it ever happens, the candidate will probably end up being the biblical Antichrist and we'll be living out Revelations.

Tycho Brahe:

At this point it's hard to ever imagine a "great unifier" candidate--one who could bring both sides together and foster at least a professional and polite relationship between parties--ever existing. If it ever happens, the candidate will probably end up being the biblical Antichrist and we'll be living out Revelations.

Because a candidate like that would never make it out of the primaries, or he or she would have to rush too far to the right or left to make it (ala Romney) and then get shit on for flip flopping and not "inspiring the base"

Commercial Real Estate Developer

I think many people are misreading Trump.

He isn't some ultra-conservative. Heck, he's hardly conservative at all- he supports expanded healthcare, infrastructure investment (wall excluded) and economic protectionism. This is why the "small government" politicians in the Republican Party can't stand him. He isn't one of them and never will be.

He's really running on an anti-globalist platform that is supported by mainstream democratic and republican politicians (Bush, Obama, Clinton, Romney, etc). Like it or not, there appears to be millions of disaffected people in this country who resonate with his message.

CX1988:

I think many people are misreading Trump.

He isn't some ultra-conservative. Heck, he's hardly conservative at all- he supports expanded healthcare, infrastructure investment (wall excluded) and economic protectionism. This is why the "small government" politicians in the Republican Party can't stand him. He isn't one of them and never will be.

He's really running on an anti-globalist platform that is supported by mainstream democratic and republican politicians (Bush, Obama, Clinton, Romney, etc). Like it or not, there appears to be millions of disaffected people in this country who resonate with his message.

And which Trump are you referring to? With regards to Trump, you can also make an equally convincing argument for the OPPOSITE of everything you said he stands for.

That's because he stands for nothing. He literally has no policy views and simply jumps from one opinion to the opposite, depending on the day.

As I've said before, Trump manipulates the masses by saying everything at the same time. He will vaguely take a stance on a policy, and then turn around the next day and advocate for the opposite. You're simply one of the people who have been manipulated by his persuasion and rhetoric. You've convinced yourself that the message he's pushing for is whatever you wish he pushed for. This is exactly what he aims for and the mindless masses have fallen for it.

There's only one way to read Trump: He stands for nothing and will say or do anything to get into power.

Qui quis adipisci molestiae ut ut corporis est. Est in quae consequatur vero.

Molestias magnam saepe omnis at nulla. Maiores minus earum eveniet est aliquam beatae unde. Animi officia ad deserunt ea aut eveniet. Quo est nemo voluptatem voluptas minima.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”