2016 ULI Fall Meeting | Dallas, Texas | October 24-27

What's happening, WSO Real Estate? I wanted to remind everyone here about the 2016 ULI Fall Meeting in Dallas, Texas from October 24-27. Signups are available now at http://fall.uli.org/

Last year in San Francisco I tried to get together a WSO meetup, but it didn't really go anywhere. If you're going to the fall meeting in Dallas this year, however, the offer for coffee, lunch, or a happy hour still stands. It would be cool to get some of the real estate community together if multiple people are heading to the conference.

Confirmed for the Conference

CRE
Non-PC Broker
Cowork
BrokeRAGE
UTDFinanceGuy
Hjade
REValuation
Fire and Rice

Potential Conference Attendees

jon1987
VanillaGorilla

Confirmed for Meetup

(coming later)

For those of you that are attending: are you doing a tour on Monday? If so, which did you choose? I'll be doing: A Tale of Three Transformations : West End, Victory, and Design Districts

Since this is my first big ULI event, I'm curious to see how informative the tour is.

As an aside - has anyone done one of the small scale developer events? They're having one in Colorado in September and I'm intrigued.

Best Response
Non-PC Broker:

For those of you that are attending: are you doing a tour on Monday? If so, which did you choose? I'll be doing: A Tale of Three Transformations : West End, Victory, and Design Districts

Since this is my first big ULI event, I'm curious to see how informative the tour is.

As an aside - has anyone done one of the small scale developer events? They're having one in Colorado in September and I'm intrigued.

I am doing a tour, but I have to wait on my program to sign me up and they usually take their time doing so. Sometimes people don't get their first choice. I think my top 3 were

1. The Trammell Crow Legacy
  2. TOD in Uptown and Beyond
  3. Icons and Innovation

The Transbay tour was fucking amazing last year though. Hines and Boston Properties gave a huge presentation on the Salesforce Tower in SF (which will be the tallest building on the west coast), Jay Paul gave a huge presentation on 181 Fremont (which will be the tallest building on the west coast for a couple months before Salesforce beats it) and the city or parks people or something talked to us about the elevated park/rail/bus station/mall that will connect the two buildings. (http://transbaycenter.org/project/transit-center) It was easily the highlight of the trip. Tishman also walked us through a city intersection they developed - all four sides of it. Really cool. My classmates on other tours reported similar "oh shit" moments including a rehab high rise project where the developer removed the entire ugly ass brutalist skin of the building, top to bottom, and reskinned it in glass.

I've never done a small scale developer event yet, but I'm sure I'll try one out in the future.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Being that Dallas is home base for me I will be there. I am happy to help set up a meetup. If I could suggest drinks a Happiest Hour that would be great. It is right in Uptown with amazing views of the Harwood buildings, Victory Park, and Downtown.

Well since I live here, I'm definitely down for a meet-up event. Show y'all the drinking sites.

"It is better to have a friendship based on business, than a business based on friendship." - Rockefeller. "Live fast, die hard. Leave a good looking body." - Navy SEAL

I've been twice and both times have been awesome. If you are able to, go on one of the Monday tours. My tour last year of the Salesforce Tower, 181 Fremont, and the Transbay Park was definitely the highlight of the week.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

That sounds awesome. I received the scholarship to attend and I'm pretty excited. Do you have any suggestions for those monday tours?

Also, maybe this is asking too much but... do you have any tips for networking as a soon to be graduating senior (Spring 2017) from a non-target school? Should I make a business card? Would that be very strange? I've never really attended a conference like this, only high school diversity events. Sorry if this is a bit chaotic I'm just glad I got in and excited for the opportunity.

Doing a happy hour in Uptown I think would be a great option. Happiest Hour (I think its called) is suppose to be a great place.

EDIT: and I know one of the best strip clubs in town, just saying.

"It is better to have a friendship based on business, than a business based on friendship." - Rockefeller. "Live fast, die hard. Leave a good looking body." - Navy SEAL

Just saw that I can't make it up there, I have exams and OCR to prepare for right when this is happening.

"There are only two opinions in this world: Mine and the wrong one." -Jeremy Clarkson

Autem sint dicta reprehenderit repudiandae eum praesentium vero. Libero voluptatum asperiores ut veritatis et vel. Ipsum error officiis nemo quia. Eum quisquam error pariatur laudantium. Amet voluptas ratione molestiae temporibus at veniam hic. Voluptates ab fugit quia quasi harum error.

Molestiae corporis accusamus a et nostrum veritatis. Reiciendis pariatur placeat quia eum eos maiores. Iusto explicabo perspiciatis fuga ab hic qui. Illum totam ad odio.

Et ratione dolorem sed aut atque. Voluptas eos est debitis veniam est doloremque. Quis nihil aut cum quasi quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”