2017 MS Enhancement Program Thread

2017 Enhancement Program applications are now live. Let's use this thread to keep up with interviews, super days, and offers. Feel free to mention:
Division applied for:
Target/Non-target:
GPA:
Previous Internships: (Yes/No)

Good Luck.

Best Response

Here's the email I received: "Thank you for your interest in the Morgan Stanley Freshman Enhancement Program.

We are pleased to announce an important change to the program structure. Starting in 2017, Freshman Enhancement Program participants will spend time with Morgan Stanley for one week instead of 10, either at the start or the end of the summer. Candidates will receive valuable training and gain exposure to different areas within Morgan Stanley through shadowing and networking opportunities, while still having time to pursue their other interests in the remainder of the summer.

If selected, you will receive detailed information on timing, program activities and resources to help you prepare. If you are still interested in the Freshman Enhancement Program based on the changes described, please complete your online application by Sunday, January 22 and we will look forward to reviewing your completed application in the coming weeks. Regardless, we look forward to staying in touch regarding upcoming events and programs that may be of interest to you."

Got an email from MS inviting me for a phone interview. The guy who sent it works in Wealth Management Investment Resources, which makes sense since I selected:

1) Investment Management 2) Wealth Management 3) Bank Resource Management

Originally the program was a full fledged internship, which was one of the few legit finance internships you could get as a freshman and this, as far as I can tell, helped a lot with later recruiting. Now that it's only a week it'll be less helpful, but at a minimum it gives the opportunity to network with MS people.

My recruiter informed me that after all the interviews were done, they'd send their opinions to HR who would then make their decisions. At the time he informed me "a few weeks" so, considering that was exactly a week ago, I suspect at least one more week before anyone starts hearing back

No one's heard anything back. It's more worrisome because the previous years seem much better organized. Between the severe length reduction, lack of contact, and sever delays this year's program seems pretty shoddily-organized so far.

Consequuntur ab aut odio iure aut qui. Ratione et autem eum. Blanditiis blanditiis earum ut sit sit numquam. Nesciunt dolorem totam est molestias quos explicabo nulla.

Consequatur totam labore iste aut. Rerum et dicta et distinctio maxime cupiditate qui. Nemo amet officiis quibusdam minima suscipit voluptas molestiae. Soluta id delectus suscipit nihil blanditiis ut id et. Dolorum ut doloremque ut. Quas eos deleniti recusandae laboriosam quisquam. Beatae ea facere tenetur in unde architecto architecto veniam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”