I spoke with an IB professional last night that told me I have one week to freshen up my knowledge on IB things. At the end of the week I have to call him and he is going to quiz me before putting me through to some recruiters.
So I have a few questions I was hoping some of the monkeys here can help me with. I purchased and reviewed the behavioral guide from WSO a few months back. So I am mainly focusing on the technical area.
How in depth should my knowledge go on those subjects?
I have knowledge and understanding about most of the ratios and equations used with these modeling techniques. I know the clear difference between EBIT and EBITDA and the purpose / reason EBITDA is used over EBIT.
This thread came in handy when understanding the difference between the two and why EBITDA is used. http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ebitda-vs-op...
I have also used references such as http://www.investopedia.com/articles/06/ebitda.asp...
to better understand EBITDA.
DCF is pretty simple or am I missing something?
Between school, and this http://www.wikicfo.com/Wiki/Discounted%20Cash%20Fl...
I feel that I have a strong basic understanding of DCF
I want to see what help I can get here then I plan to buy the technical guide this week before my "interview"
Thanks for everyone and anyone that can help.
I check back here frequently and I check my e-mail, [email protected], every second as it goes to my phone
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Submit a question for upcoming "Best Practices for Technical Interviews" webinar
- Finanical Modeling/ Financial Statement Analysis Interview Questions
- Question on discount rate for DCF analysis for project
- LBO Returns Analysis question (not for the faint of heart)
- "Bookings" in a DCF analysis
- Difference between "Property Ebitda" and (regular) "EBITDA"
- A few lbo questions
- What does it mean to perform sensitivity analysis in a straightforward DCF model?