Accenture Strategy Consulting US 2013 latest news, gossip, figures

Yep.

I know.

There's been a lot of Accenture bashing in these forums but I do not intend to start another one.

I would like to gather any inside opinions/facts about its (non-IT) strategy division as of late:

1) what (non-IT) strategy consultants (think post-MBA or 3-4 years experience consultants, or in terms of C1-C3 however distasteful these categories sound) are making salary and bonus wise. I have been to managementconsulted but I am not convinced that they offer that level across the board
2) if turnover in the strategy division continues to be high
3) if Friday work from home/home office continues to be pure myth

I would appreciate input from people with *actual and recent* knowledge through a friend or yourself about this ... otherwise this would just turn out to be another Accenture bashing post which is not helpful.

Thanks!

C

1) Your salary is based on your performance. Meaning, if you're in the top group of your peers, you'll be making pretty good money. If you're average, you're salary well be not so stellar. The difference in salary + bonuses between highest and lowest performers after just a few years is pretty significant.

2) Accenture's turnover is similar to its peers and better than some other firms (e.g. Deloitte).

3) Depending on the project, you can work from home any day you don't have to be on the client site. Pretty awesome perk.

In regards to salary, there is a pretty significant gap between salaries for post-MBA and experienced consultant (3-4 years in consulting).

If you are recruited post-MBA, you are probably looking at $140-145k + signing in the strategy practice. However, if you become a pre-MBA experienced consultant (promoted from analyst), you are probably looking at $100-110k.

Just FYI, a strategy analyst is probably looking at $70k out of college, $85-90k as a strategy consultant, and around $100k as an experienced strategy consultant.

This is just from my experience. Others might see different figures.

1) 72k for analysts, then 80-90k as a strategy consultant. bonus 2-7% based on performance. (NYC) 2) Turnover in consulting is always high but I'd say 60-70% of those promoted into the strategy practice tend to stay. Those who aren't and are stuck on IT/Operational projects tend to leave more. 3) Most people go into the office on Fridays because they get a chance to see coworkers/attend happy hours. Everyone of my projects has had the option of work from home or the office on fridays.

Experience - Accenture analyst.

Current MBA student still exploring full time options--since Accenture is done campus recruiting at my school, and if I'm pursuing an experienced hire role, would that put me lower than my peers (classmates who are going to Accenture) in terms of compensation or would I get an offer on par with them?

Do experienced hires get a sign on bonus?

BTW-I am at a top 10 BSchool

Best Response
INeedanMBAjob:

Current MBA student still exploring full time options--since Accenture is done campus recruiting at my school, and if I'm pursuing an experienced hire role, would that put me lower than my peers (classmates who are going to Accenture) in terms of compensation or would I get an offer on par with them?

Do experienced hires get a sign on bonus?

BTW-I am at a top 10 BSchool

MBA students get post-MBA salary only in Accenture's Strategy group (growth platform). If you are placed in Accenture's MC group, you will be on par with other consultants who may have been promoted from the analyst level.

Not sure that is true siyaram.

I got an offer from Accenture when I was in business school for their supply chain group. It was the same offer as my friends got for the strategy group. We were able to preference our group, and I selected supply chain rather than one of the industry verticals / "strategy". There were others in the same boat as me, that were aligned to functional groups with the same offer as the strategy group.

BigPicture:

Not sure that is true siyaram.

I got an offer from Accenture when I was in business school for their supply chain group. It was the same offer as my friends got for the strategy group. We were able to preference our group, and I selected supply chain rather than one of the industry verticals / "strategy". There were others in the same boat as me, that were aligned to functional groups with the same offer as the strategy group.

Interesting. How recent was this and in what geographical area? The information that I provided was based on what recruiter had mentioned after going through the process. I am based in NE.

Nisi eligendi maiores modi vel repellat. Debitis at et quia et. Quo eum eius deserunt cumque dolore vero sint. Consequatur quis modi sunt et sint provident saepe molestias.

Voluptates suscipit fugit consequatur suscipit et nesciunt quod. Vero voluptates cum aut minima est consequatur aut.

Odit voluptates officia qui aut aut eius quis. Quaerat corporis suscipit adipisci blanditiis laboriosam fuga quia blanditiis. Omnis deleniti illum ut molestiae aspernatur.

Vel et aperiam aut at consequuntur asperiores. Maiores eaque dolorum non voluptatem. Accusamus omnis illum rerum quasi veritatis. In repellendus mollitia consectetur recusandae non. Illo nisi et esse culpa illum ut quisquam. Vel est earum veniam architecto. Tempore sed eveniet omnis eum. Ducimus reprehenderit qui deserunt quia quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”