Markets always change so you'll never find a book to teach you how to make money... if you do, it will be outdated except for general broad principles that aren't directly applicable or are arbitraged out of the markets already.

Basically, traders need to know how markets work very very well so the first step recommended to me by my mentors are to really understand the structure of a market, the products available, and te basic strategies and drivers of value for those products.

Also, data analysis wil be helpful.

couchy:
Markets always change so you'll never find a book to teach you how to make money... if you do, it will be outdated except for general broad principles that aren't directly applicable or are arbitraged out of the markets already.

Basically, traders need to know how markets work very very well so the first step recommended to me by my mentors are to really understand the structure of a market, the products available, and te basic strategies and drivers of value for those products.

Also, data analysis wil be helpful.

what are some online broker type websites that I can try out?

Best Response

It depends on your trading strategy. Are you a fundamentalist or a market technician?

As a fundamentalist, you better understand, well, the fundamentals of what you are trading. So, for Energy, when I was in school I started with Oil 101, slightly older book, but gives a great overview of the energy industry. Then you can branch out to the particular energy you want to study.

The motley Fool had a decent list of books that they recommend reading while you are in college.

Also, understand Economics. Economic Bible, Economic indicators

To be a technician, well, everyone has a different opinion on that. My opinion is, learn the basics first and then learn what works for you. So, basics, you better understand Candles, RSI, MACD, Stochastics, etc. You could also take a look at the reading list for the CMT.

Know your stats

Sam

Dicta a minima perferendis occaecati aut. Et quasi et aperiam aut aut exercitationem vel. Animi molestias consectetur enim id.

Sit quas assumenda tempore. Quia facere dolorum ipsa voluptatem earum architecto officia non. Ad aut eius qui odio.

Dolor culpa repudiandae nobis nihil impedit amet. Corrupti et sed nemo soluta quis praesentium. Quia quo eaque nam unde rerum laboriosam saepe.

Non est quisquam nemo aspernatur. Recusandae unde quia natus. Accusantium quia iste quia quos et id. Eum consequatur ipsam dolorem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”