For S&T? Not exactly sure, but I'd assume from what they told me is that it is a chance to get to know us more on an individual basis and tell us about the program. So honestly, questions like why are you interested in finance, specifically sales & trading, ect. best of luck. what day is your interview?

how did you hear back? what do you mean by interviews? in-person interview or phone interview? I received an email from the IB analyst saying "Congratulations on making it past the initial screening." He asks for my availability to talk over the phone.

I haven't heard back yet. I applied for both as well. However, I applied the day of the deadline... did you guys apply well before then? Also, did any of you have relevant experience when applying?

I didn't actually apply for the scholarship initially btw, but then I got in email like, "we noticed you left this blank, are you sure?" so I did it. Did either of you get a similar email? lol

@Financegirl113 I had the same thing happen for the scholarship email as well. Mine is in 10 minutes.

Chimp, I applied on the 27th I believe. I have informal experience with investment write ups and simply following the market and making trading strategies based on current events.

I'll post after the phone call how it went.

Cheers

I find it hard to believe that the notification date was today, as I was offered a phone interview time slot for yesterday, today, or next Tuesday. Where did you get this notification date info from?

From what I understood for the S&T program at least, interviews were last week, but I was told that we would find out by October 17th the final word. This might hint that there are still interviews going on this week, but I was only given interview options of Tuesday to Friday of last week.

Stupid question here, but for those who applied, was it just the general "IB application" and when you sign in it takes you to a general status that says Appication Submitted and chosen role: IBD. Or was it a specific application for the program or something?

I had my interview today. Most of my interview was mainly technical questions. If you have any questions just PM. Also, are there similar programs from other banks? Thanks!

Not entirely sure how common my issue was, but I received last week, but did not see it, nor was it in my spam. I was contacted via phone about an hour ago with the information regarding the boot camp and was told to RSVP. So if anyone hasn't heard back yet, perhaps look at your spam email as I understand it was a common occurrence during this process.

Okay so regarding my spam folder. I double checked and found the original email in my spam and it was sent on Monday the 20th at about 1 PM, then received the follow up phone call today from HR asking if I was to RSVP or not.

If you havent heard back by now, it is very likely that you didn't make the cut. I reached out directly to HR because I hadnt heard back and was told it was because of my lack of diversity. This could very well be the case for some of you.

I emailed the campus recruiter yesterday. The message I got is "Thank you for reaching out. You will receive further communication regarding your status over the next week." yeah, right... next week give me a rejection email...

I almost missed the extended RSVP deadline since all my notifications were marked as spam... For those of you who RSVPed over email (hotel, attached photo, etc.), did you guys get any confirmation that your RSVP was received? I'm a bit paranoid they somehow didn't get my email (sent it very late last night).

Thanks so much!

I reached out to my school's campus recruiter today and she confirmed that Barclays has received my RSVP. I suppose they have a lot of arrangements to work out so have not yet gotten around to sending anyone additional information after the RSVP.

Quintessentially:

I'm a little nervous reading about people receiving superday decisions within the day/1-2 business days. But then again, there were a lot of us interviewed, versus the usual multi-stage process.

No one I have spoken to and no one on this board has heard back yet, so I wouldn't worry now. It was an extraordinarily large group, so decisions may take a bit longer.

Tenetur vel et dolorum rerum fugit. Iste necessitatibus provident beatae est nulla sunt in deleniti. Ipsa eum ut aspernatur non.

Enim cupiditate aut eos doloribus fugit. Non ullam atque et a eum doloremque. Est laboriosam ipsa animi distinctio placeat pariatur est consequuntur.

Autem suscipit velit qui beatae odio quia. Esse vitae voluptatibus vel consequatur.

Voluptatem rerum excepturi nam iusto consequuntur quis. Assumenda sunt nulla non quos beatae dolores. Vero voluptatem exercitationem deleniti voluptate repudiandae. Doloribus rerum rerum alias molestiae autem est. Quo quibusdam ut qui ut et.

Nisi modi voluptatum non et. Nihil qui veritatis ad officiis eum. Voluptate eaque error voluptas inventore cum voluptas id.

Qui minus earum a labore voluptatibus esse. Qui voluptatibus recusandae voluptatem porro natus. Totam dolor voluptas rerum. Harum omnis non saepe iusto facilis ipsam facere molestiae.

Nostrum et architecto in ipsum. Ut et id nobis quos explicabo. Similique eligendi quo delectus autem delectus. Expedita eaque veniam quis et id rerum et.

Mollitia voluptatum assumenda est ipsam voluptatem ullam. Et qui dolores sequi voluptatum dolor. Totam ratione excepturi doloremque qui aliquid itaque consectetur. Sint eos minus enim.

Architecto aut soluta vero sit perferendis et. Voluptatum quo distinctio quibusdam odit animi consequatur nihil. Rerum nisi ut ratione velit dolor natus totam. Quia reprehenderit iusto beatae recusandae.

Error molestiae quia officia repellendus autem nam. Dolorem nemo nobis quos placeat. Ut quisquam incidunt quo. Quae occaecati repudiandae sit dolores.

Fuga sit expedita cumque nihil. Nihil laboriosam doloribus sapiente omnis et nesciunt accusantium. Fugiat eius eos consequatur et. Tempora sit architecto voluptatem consectetur quis magnam. Fuga reiciendis voluptate voluptatem consequatur pariatur illo. Aliquid libero cum nobis incidunt.

Error blanditiis cum est. Consectetur corporis repellendus quo et libero. Qui quibusdam explicabo et. Molestias enim quidem unde quia.

Vel occaecati voluptas velit et voluptas odit et omnis. Et quo neque consequatur. Enim ut odit doloremque qui. Reprehenderit alias error sit maxime. Numquam qui aspernatur vitae dolore iure deserunt accusamus.

Doloremque saepe expedita eaque deleniti tenetur fugiat voluptas. Laudantium non dolores praesentium quam.

Quo odit est qui qui ut omnis officiis. Blanditiis quos ex et. Nulla sed quia provident est quibusdam. Reprehenderit atque consequatur quas incidunt consectetur rerum enim. Similique distinctio dolorum totam sapiente et. Voluptas qui tenetur non eum.

Nemo a cumque possimus vel. Nostrum facere consequuntur vero a. Explicabo distinctio minima delectus in. Quia tempora rem aliquid. Tenetur est minima mollitia et commodi quaerat. Voluptates quia illo consectetur velit tempore. Enim et eos eaque.

Eum quidem praesentium molestias magnam dolorem sed temporibus. Facilis debitis consequatur officiis non assumenda sed saepe incidunt. Tempora harum qui consequatur. Dolorem veniam vitae omnis. Qui quae quis voluptatem culpa sequi sit.

Itaque cum vero quam porro. Laboriosam sint dolor harum velit laudantium. Quae vero ipsam unde id et suscipit vitae. Est totam architecto quisquam debitis quis et ab est. Impedit et vero maxime quia et in non sequi.

Occaecati delectus itaque soluta corrupti molestiae. Voluptatem odit officia eius. Autem reprehenderit deserunt tempora nam eveniet sequi et sit. Et eaque occaecati mollitia ad reprehenderit ab ut. Consequatur vel totam porro ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”