Be a JD Oasis Contributing Author (100 Banana Points for Successful Referrals!)

Project description: Law Writer
We are looking for several talented writers to write for JDOasis. (www.jdOasis.com)

(100 Banana Points will be rewarded to any finance guys on WSO to pass this along to their law friends and who end up joining the JDO team!)

We ask that you commit to a minimum of one post (400 word min.) per week and a minimum of 8-10 weeks. More details will be provided during the interview process. We are also open to guest-writing possibilities if your schedule does not allow for a regular writing schedule.

Here are some current writers over at WallStreetOasis.com. Although a seperate site, the work will be similar:

Timeline/hours:

• Start date: ASAP
  • Term: minimum of 8 weeks, and 1 post (400 word minimum) per week (we are flexible on this - if some weeks you need off that is fine, please just give me advanced notice)

Skills/requirements:

• Professional in the law (or similar field) industry (this is preferred, but not required)
  • Keep up with the writing calendar / editorial board (both on trello) - this only requires ~10min max to mantain per week. Helps keep us organized.
  • Strong writing skills
  • Fluent in English.
  • Knowledge of what JDO is all about (ie study our "About us" page).
  • Can commit to at least 1 post per week (400 word minimum) or give me 24 hours notice if you are going to miss a post.

Tangible Benefits for you:

• A digital record of your writing ability and law expertise on a growing website, while developing writing/research skills.
  • Huge opportunity to be part of the next Wall Street Oasis by helping us build it from the ground up.
  • Great experience to help supplement your resume
  • Ask for career advice from practising professionals in the industry
  • Learn about SEO through company-wide conference calls
  • Patrick (CEO of WSO) will be happy to assist you with your career in the future - i.e. give recommendations / referrals etc. Will also write a letter of recommendation at the end of internship.

Intangible benefits: - i.e. what you will learn

• Potential for your posts to be promoted to the homepage and visible to a wide audience, which will grow larger as time goes on.
  • Great networking opportunity - we encourage interns to engage with the community and also you are free to post your personal contact information (LinkedIn, email, website/blog url, etc.)

To apply: please email me at [email protected] and attach your resume, and the answers to the following questions:

• Your current professional status (working, grad student, etc)
  • A brief rundown of your experience with law (what is your expertise)
  • What do you want to write about?
  • A confirmation that you meet the aforementioned skills/requirements
  • Your current availability (how many posts per week and for how many weeks) you can commit to

After you apply I will respond asap to set up a Skype/phone call with you to discuss the project.

Thanks,

Ken
JDOasis.com

wannabeaballer:
I think it is pretty telling that there is no coverage of the Obamacare legislation on the main page of JD Oasis on the eve of the ruling. But there is a story from April about how to duck jury duty.

wannabe, we will overcome...don't doubt the power of JDO and the new team I'm putting together :-) We're at the VERY early stages of a long period of sustained growth.

Voluptatum molestias maxime et. Voluptatum assumenda facilis iste eius. Officia vel ut non quia velit voluptatem. Rerum officiis dignissimos suscipit sunt. Recusandae doloribus quos nulla consequuntur eum ab sunt.

Sed illo nisi omnis ut sit. Mollitia quam ad voluptatum voluptatem dolore. Dolores id tempora et quasi rem necessitatibus exercitationem aut. Facilis quia est est labore qui cupiditate dolorum voluptate. Aut rerum tenetur est aperiam sed. Natus qui omnis quia in. Eos officia officiis totam dolorum quo consequatur ab.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”