Trying to do some research on winterand it is kinda tough since there is not a whole lot of information. I did a search and most just send networking and getting in touch with recruiters which I plan on doing but I was wondering about just how hard it was to land a gig.
I am a finance and accounting double major at a non-target. I have a 3.6(rounded from like a 3.57 if that matters) and decent internship experience considering I am only a sophomore (F500 place, some fin/acct in that role. Not amazing but decent). Still working on getting a boutique gig this summer, might have found one that is only part time and would fit my schedule.
Anyways, I am going to be a junior this fall and am looking at winter. I would not mind doing a boutique unpaid but I am looking at all of my options.
I am not that interested in Big 4 after graduation (maybeconsulting) but I think a winter with them would be a positive experience. Plus it sounds like the money is great with the overtime.
Am I competitive for a winter internship? I know a couple of the recruiters for one of the Big 4 firms fairly well, although I knew them better as a freshman.
How likely would it be that I could go to a big city (NYC, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, etc...)? I go to a school in a city like Indianapolis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Denver, etc... Decently sized (and has all 4 Big 4 in the city) but I'd prefer something bigger. I met a few recruiters for the NYC office (of a Big 4 firm) on a school networking trip, but they wouldn't remember me. I could mention it though.
But I know beggars can't be choosers.
Any other places to look besides boutiques?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Post MBA Consulting (and general) Employment Performance Verification and Reference Check
- Big four winter vs summer internship
- Corp Dev / Corp Strat Salaries (and exit options)
- Are they f&%^ing kidding?!?
- 22 and finding it rare to find an intellectually stimulating female, what are the chances of this changing as I get older?
- PE Interviews- How technical do they get?
- got the internship, now what can i do to be head and shoulders above the rest when i get there
- Webinar: How to Be Top Rated in Big 4 Audit (And Apply the Same Tips to the Rest of Your Career)-- 815pm ET, 3/17/15