Boyfriend Working 100+ Hour Weeks

Need some advice from all you male monkeys. I'm dating a guy pretty seriously who works in M&A big law and tomorrow he is closing a deal that he’s been working on since January. Needless to say, he has been cranking out 100+ hour weeks consistently for the past few weeks. For all of you who have been through those horrendous hours, what are some nice things I could do for him after tomorrow when he closes and gets a few really short/slow days at the office. Was thinking I should give him his space and let him sleep the next few nights. Once he becomes a normal person again...Take him out for dinner? Cook him a nice meal? Thoughts...

And yes to all you guys, your first thought has been contemplated and will be taken care of.

charlie 09:
Ron Paul:
bankerchic:
And yes to all you guys, your first thought has been contimplated and will be taken care of.
I have no idea what "contimplated" means so I'll just disregard that entire sentence.

Anyways, you need to bang his brains out.

As long as we're being grammar dickheads, "anyways" is not proper grammar.

I was not being a grammar dickhead, you missed the point. I was using the misspelling to allow me to disregard her closing statement saying she had already contemplated offering sex.

Fucking amazing girlfriend.

[quote]The HBS guys have MAD SWAGGER. They frequently wear their class jackets to boston bars, strutting and acting like they own the joint. They just ooze success, confidence, swagger, basically attributes of alpha males.[/quote]

bankerchic:
Haha I can assure you I'm a woman, work in private equity and have a boyfriend that's closing a deal at 3PM today. I also happen to be 5'9" and a size 2.
would you say you're more of a JWOWW or a Snooki

Why not? I'm trying to prove a point that there are quality women who do exist out there, who can be the best of all worlds.

And honestly, this is the perfect place to ask a question like this -- a bunch of overworked guys who are in the same boat as the boyfriend right now. Sex was an obvious guess but the overwhelming food-related responses got me thinking.

I'm going to bring over a bunch of food tomorrow to cook for him while wearing a little apron, and only an apron.

bankerchic:
Why not? I'm trying to prove a point that there are quality women who do exist out there, who can be the best of all worlds.

And honestly, this is the perfect place to ask a question like this -- a bunch of overworked guys who are in the same boat as the boyfriend right now. Sex was an obvious guess but the overwhelming food-related responses got me thinking.

I'm going to bring over a bunch of food tomorrow to cook for him while wearing a little apron, and only an apron.

Do you have a sister?
Get busy living

bankerchic:

Please do come back and tell us how that worked out.

bankerchic:

Um... you forgot the 4 inch high heels and fishnet stockings. You mean only a little apron and 4 inch heels+fishnet stockings.

Provident accusantium assumenda deserunt excepturi harum ut neque. Eligendi necessitatibus culpa alias qui repellendus. Aspernatur ab qui asperiores sed molestiae asperiores totam.

Ratione laborum dignissimos a fugiat ipsam qui provident. Aliquam debitis et consectetur qui eum ut iste. Ipsum et qui sequi a est et. Magni saepe est fugit et quam at et quidem.

Ut sit deleniti iusto inventore harum accusamus. Laborum iste rem beatae.

Eveniet eum temporibus eveniet officiis aut dolores sunt corporis. Sequi magnam accusamus nemo dolores qui. Id aliquid nam praesentium molestiae repellat sequi. Voluptates inventore laboriosam natus dolores possimus.

Omnis quia provident atque quam quam illum labore. Aspernatur repellat saepe necessitatibus tempore officia. Magni enim excepturi dolorem magni dignissimos illum. Et nobis impedit quos sapiente. Nobis recusandae atque fuga reiciendis quidem. Libero quisquam ex vel porro.

Aut tempore sit aspernatur ut quidem consequatur. Qui quidem pariatur qui saepe. Accusamus et omnis nemo expedita tenetur qui.

Quia quas ab adipisci et et odio. Magnam temporibus labore dolor quo autem rerum nam. Non rem id repellat et illo esse ut ducimus. Nesciunt et sequi non rerum aliquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”