Hello. I am 14 years old. Unlike other kids my age, I am really interested in money, investing, investment banking, and consulting. I know how to invest, and I do invest. I also know all about how businesses and companies are run. My ultimate goal is to eventually have a job that makes 2 million dollars and up, annually. I'm in eight grade at a private school. I get good grades and will study my butt off in highschool! Here are some questions I have regarding these careers.
- Do I have to go to an Ivy League college like Harvard to get a job in the i bankink or consulting fields?
- Why do people tell me I have to start a company and/or business to get rich? Why can't I get a high paying job? Can you not get rich by working for someone else?
- New York or Chicago, where should I plan on living during my career?
- In these careers, can you retire in your 40s to 50s with a florida mansion, yacht, private jet, nice car, etc.?
- Which is a better career (pay, quality of work, etc.) to go into, Investment Banking or Management consulting?
- If i go into investment banking, should I stick with i banking my whole career, or go onto PE firms or HF?
- If i go into consulting, should I stick with consulting my whole career, or go into fortune 500s and aim at becoming a senior position?
Please help me. Even though I am 14, I am very anxious at my future career. Please help me!!