I brought a package off wikijob which really helped. My careers service also had some to practice from and so does 'Assessment Day'. You can also go onto SHL etc to practice - they are pretty good. I'm also part of a diversity recruitment agency who sent me a couple of practice ones which were very similar to the real thing. Hope this helps.

Charles-perry:
I brought a package off wikijob which really helped. My careers service also had some to practice from and so does 'Assessment Day'. You can also go onto SHL etc to practice - they are pretty good. I'm also part of a diversity recruitment agency who sent me a couple of practice ones which were very similar to the real thing. Hope this helps.

Do you mind sending me the link?

Because when you're in a room full of smart people, smart suddenly doesn't matter—interesting is what matters.

Have you established rapport and relationships when you network? Networking isn't just getting people to look at your resume... they need to both like and see potential in you. That's what will separate you from the other very qualified students out there.

You graduate in 2014. You are still really early in the game. But I get that you are looking to improve on your approach. Just keep networking and stay positive. DO what mango said and build relationships through networking. Ask what you can work on in the mean time. You're good.

Fear is the greatest motivator. Motivation is what it takes to find profit.

I don't know how to say this without sounding like an asshole, so I'm just going to go ahead and sound like an asshole.

For whatever reason, they don't like you enough. When you have a thousand equally qualified applicants, who are you going to hire? The person you like the best. Sure, diversity, nepotism, etc. all play a role, but at the end of the day, they have to like you better than the kid before you and the kid after you.

You could also be falling into the trap of only saying what features you have (grades, experience, skills, etc.) instead of what benefits you bring to the table. In other words, you don't hustle. Yeah, you have a great resume, but what do you offer that none of the other applicants do?

London SA recruiting is pretty much over now from what I know so - sorry to say this - but your not likely to land anything for next summer. I would just forget IBD given your description above and choose something else. Its not working out and theres no point banging your head in the wall over it. I know its not what you want to hear but I'm not sure what else to suggest as I'm in a similar situation and have given up on IBD too.

Cujo, I don't think you are really in a position to tell someone to give up on IBD.

London SA recruiting isn't over--there are a number of BBs still giving out interviews--GS just sent out a bunch of first round invites. Also, not getting an SA doesn't kill your chances. About 1 in 3 BBs filled their spots with their SAs this year in London. The other 2/3 were still recruiting for at least a few spots. True, FT recruiting is tough, but not having an SA spot won't kill your chances.

Charles, keep doing what you're doing. Don't count on your contacts to get you interviews--it's much less common to get interviews that way in London--but do use them to check over your apps. Make sure your cover letter is as good as you can possibly make it. For London recruiting cover letters are very often the deciding factor.

Sounds like you've had a tough time of it, but I know a number of people who have gone from getting one interview, or none, for spring weeks, to getting 3-4 SA offers and multiple FT offers.

Best Response

Consider trying to network to a good boutique in London and see if you can get experience. I would say cast your net wide. Apply to Canadian banks like RBC and BMO and French banks like BNP Paribas and Societe Generale. What about year-long internships and industrial placements? Those tend to be recruited on a ad-hoc and tell your contacts that you are interested in those and let them keep an eye out for you. Worse case scenario if you don't get a full time offer is to get Msc degree from LBS, Imperial, LSE, oxford, HEC Paris , Claremont McKenna College etc and try again. Always keep your bases covered so if one option fails you go with another set of plans. Good luck and keep us updated !

I'm in a similar position. I think that you should just find any kind of place or job for the summer that you haven't applied for yet and apply. I would also always try to request feedback after you make an application, even if it means finding out the HR phone number and email so you can directly contact the people who refused you. You should be able to get an answer as to why, even if something like: the CV wasn't interesting enough, or there were other more interesting CVs. I haven't applied as much as you (only done it for the past 2-3 months) and only to around 3 BBs. I think you still have a chance to get a FT straight after graduation with no SA or a SA after you graduate then a FT offer right after (no break). I have known people who have done that. I think you still have a chance in IBD so don't give up and don't despair. Also, something else you haven't thought of: maybe you come across as a bit too desperate? You should just try to be relaxed and try to seem friendly - like you would be fun to work with and do not stress out too much (this if you get interviews or are networking). Good luck!

Yup I request feedback. It's usually the typical 'competitive process' blah blah blah. I have applied for other roles eg consulting/research etc. no luck. 2 'empty' consecutive summers looks awful on my CV. Therefore I'm screwed if I don't land anything for next summer. Fact is in London I have a 0 chance at FT without a quality summer internship somewhere. I go to a target and know no-one who landed a FT offer in IBD without a quality summer internship. I don't think it's possible any more unless your dads a banker or something. Desperate? Doubt it. I don't land any interviews and the one I did land they liked me/said I would be cool to work with etc. So I don't think it's the way I come across... I think it's just a lot of bad luck and something else I can put my finger on. No one at a target struggles for this long from what I've seen anyway!

Charles-perry:
Yup I request feedback. It's usually the typical 'competitive process' blah blah blah. I have applied for other roles eg consulting/research etc. no luck. 2 'empty' consecutive summers looks awful on my CV. Therefore I'm screwed if I don't land anything for next summer. Fact is in London I have a 0 chance at FT without a quality summer internship somewhere. I go to a target and know no-one who landed a FT offer in IBD without a quality summer internship. I don't think it's possible any more unless your dads a banker or something. Desperate? Doubt it. I don't land any interviews and the one I did land they liked me/said I would be cool to work with etc. So I don't think it's the way I come across... I think it's just a lot of bad luck and something else I can put my finger on. No one at a target struggles for this long from what I've seen anyway!

Dude. Welcome to the real world. Just because you attend a target school, don't expect to be fed a golden ticket to a banking/ consulting job served on a silver platter. Ridiculous.

I went to a top 3 college in the U.S., and we usually had about 300 people apply for 4-5 analyst slots at BCG or McKinsey just at my school. The competition was unreal.

FO finance and strategy consulting are arguably the most competitive entry level fields to break into. If you fail to break in, just get a more 'normal' corporate job, like audit, operations or something. Remember, beggars can't be choosers, and having ANY job >>>>> ending up unemployed. Trust me on this.

Bit off topic but does anyone know where I can find a quality list of FTSE100 firms that offer summer internships (save me looking through 100s of websites! haha). Aiming for finance/business strategy or something at a quality well know firm is a good alternative to IBD right? (as in - will help me break in at a later stage?)

We need to define networking. What have you been doing/saying to your contacts? Are you going in straight for the kill (i.e. the internship) or are you warming them up first and talking to them about their jobs, the industry, etc.?

There might be something in your CV which sounds bad, but people are too afraid to tell you or just don't want to. You should post it on this site for review or get as many friends to review it for you. You might get some tips to change things you haven't thought about before. This happened to me too when I was applying for my first job and after getting a lot of feedback from professionals and others I changed my CV and got lucky in just 1-2 months I got an interview and a job.

I guess welcome to the crazy world of London IBD recruiting. Luck definitely plays a huge part - I went through Spring Week and SA applications getting interviews with GS/MS and getting CV dinged by UBS, Nomura, RBS etc.

Lots of smaller places are still recruiting for summer - DC Advisory, Hawkpoint etc and Evercore/Blackstone are still reviewing apps from what I heard. Chin up bro, if it doesn't work out do what cujo is doing and land a FTSE 100 internship in finance/corp strategy. That should place you well for FT recruiting.

I thought it was bad luck but I have been applying/networking longer then some people have been even considering IBD and have got in! haha But I'm still getting nowhere. It would make sense if my application was weak/didnt have relevant experience etc but my situation is not adding up.

I'm not saying every bank should be interviewing me. But I landed 0 spring week interviews, 1 top 5 BB summer interview (got to round 1), 2 interviews (1 top 3 BB, 1 MM 0 both round 2/3), and now again 1 top 3 BB interview (round 2). I dont get why my applications are failing to impress even at smaller firms. I have seen plenty of 'boring' CVs get through. I have seen 'empty' CVs get through. Friends/careers service/people at banks don't know what to suggest. And I'm not sure what else to do now as I feel like this is quite unfair.

I have applied to loads of smaller firms and the FTSE 100 - even they are going nowhere :( (granted at FTSE 100 firms I don't have contacts though).

It's not really about having contacts or not. I think you should just stop moaning and thinking it's going to solve something. Going out there thinking: "I'm amazing, everyone should hire me" is not a good attitude. If people aren't hiring you, there's a reason for it, and it's not because they are stupid or are too blind and can't see the brilliance that is yourself. I think you should just put more effort into it. There's no point in wondering why it's not happening. If you want something to happen just try harder.

I'm not moaning. I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong/what I'm not doing that others are and hence not landing interviews. I'm not saying 'I'm amazing everyone should hire me'. I'm wondering how I can improve even further to be more competitive. What extra effort can I put in? Other then talking to everyone I know/careers service/everyone I know at the banks and them all saying 'we have no idea' what more can I do? Try harder? Apply for years, year on year, get no-where, still don't give up and network/do more to improve and then still not get anywhere... how much harder can i try? (these are questions not just statements)

aspharagus - my 'showed my CV' i meant 'application' so CV/CL or question answers included. Sorry I should have been more clear. Also I have got through 1 application which had questions and 1 application that had CV/CL so it cant be that my application sucks can it?

Charles-perry:
I'm not moaning. I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong/what I'm not doing that others are and hence not landing interviews. I'm not saying 'I'm amazing everyone should hire me'. I'm wondering how I can improve even further to be more competitive. What extra effort can I put in? Other then talking to everyone I know/careers service/everyone I know at the banks and them all saying 'we have no idea' what more can I do? Try harder? Apply for years, year on year, get no-where, still don't give up and network/do more to improve and then still not get anywhere... how much harder can i try? (these are questions not just statements)

aspharagus - my 'showed my CV' i meant 'application' so CV/CL or question answers included. Sorry I should have been more clear. Also I have got through 1 application which had questions and 1 application that had CV/CL so it cant be that my application sucks can it?

you keep saying your CV is great, you cover letter is great, etc, but you haven't shared them. career services usually suck and your friends often won't tell you if something sounds bad...and the professional reviewer that reviewed your CV for free likley didn't spend the time necessary to make it perfect.

When the numbers are against you (yes, even at a target with a good GPA, your odds are still higher that you will NOT get a job in FO IBD), and you keep getting rejected from even an interview it means either #1 something is wrong with your CV or #2 something is wrong with your cover letter or #3 you just don't stand out and a casualty of a brutal recruiting market. Or they aren't good enough and/or you've also had a run of bad luck.

BUT, If it was such an incredible CV and cover letter that blew the competition out of the water and you were networking properly, I find it hard to believe that you arent getting any interviews. Something doesnt add up. why not post it thru razume.com in the public resume review forum. I bet you we can find many things to improve on it...the fact that you said career services reviewed it and you are listening to your friends who tell you it's good and are still not getting anything is a red flag.

Don't listen to them. I'm not as familiar with UK recruiting, but my guess is that it's brutal this year with less spots available...

I'm not saying its great... but anyone I ask (including people at the investment banks who already are in these roles) say its solid and I'll be fine. And I'm not saying this has just happened once i.e. one recruiting cycle. Bad luck makes sense then. This keeps happening. I did spot the 'red flag' very early, came on this forum and posted, did show my CV (you can check my previous posts) and was told I should be fine/come back if it doesn't work out for several years. So here I am.

The 'professional reviewer' was a someone who writes IB CV's - I was willing to pay for a re-write - they sent it back saying it was fine already. Surely they would not miss out on an opportunity to make money if there were things to change? (that said - theres always things to alter on a CV/CL as its never perfect! - subjective to different opinions)

I don't think its #1 and #2 as the top 3 BB who did interview me said it was one of the best applications they received (CV + CL). Since I'm sending the same CV elsewhere I find it hard to believe they will completely hate it. Also, I landed a top 3 consulting FT interview (I applied for summer but they don't offer this) even though I don't graduate till 2014 (they didn't realise even though it was clear from my CV lol) - so I've been put into next years interview pile. It may be #3 but I'm not sure how to stand out even more.

As for posting - my CV background is posted in the initial post. I'm happy to PM further details. I would prefer not to show it publicly as last year I did this - someone copied chunks and submitted it - we both had to withdraw (this is not a joke).

This year is brutal with less spots available - so was last year - and the year before. People still got recruited (including a lot of people I know who submitted applications online and did not network at all) but I don't seem to make the interview batch.

One last thing - I am merely answering the questions posted by members. So if I have to keep repeating the same thing then please don't get pissed at me as I'm answering their questions rather then being defensive.

This is also what I thought. But for the same BB to invite me back for an interview (in London they don't usually do that) and for a lot of people to say 'dont worry your a nice guy you will be fine' I find it hard to believe this. I also went for interview coaching - one where they really tell you every negative point possible - and the way I come across was not one of them. In fact in the positive feedback it was said that they would 'want to work with' me.

Not trying to argue everything people are posting on this thread but I have tried to think of every possible reason and have done my best 'fixing' what I can but I'm out of ideas.

Too strong... for IBD? Surely there is no such thing? Either way interview coaching was not useful as I havent landed 2+ interviews. Lots of my friends have gone through reviews/coaching and have done fine.

Apologies for the confusion. I don't think this is a problem as I'm practically never interviewed and if I did come across badly it would have been spotted in the interview practice or in my first rounds of interviews (I progressed to second rounds). Furthermore, I wouldn't have been invited back by the same BB if this was true. The problem is my application is not making the interview pile... except at a top 3 consulting and IB firm? Cant figure out whats going wrong for me. Its also worth noting I didn't network at a couple of firms and even those got rejected whereas my friends who also didn't network got through. Somethings not adding up.

I'm not entitled to anything and I'm not whining. I was asked to come back and post up my problem if things didn't work out the year before the last... so here I am. I want to improve/be more competitive but am out of ideas on what I can do. Need another pair of eyes on my situation (or in this case many!)

Any further advice is welcome.

Hustle harder. I had no spring week, no SA, graduated from a target with a degree in English, worked 6 weeks unpaid at a HF, landed FT offer for 2013.

Things you can't control; previous rejections, current hiring climate, competition for roles.

Things you can control; get a 1st, expand your network, look for unpaid internships.

This reminds me of my own quest for securing an internship/FT in London a few years ago. Got through to the last rounds, but got dinged due to guys with masters and Phds trading down after massive layoffs in the City.

Keep your chin up and reach out to alumni. PM me if you want a few IBD names who are off the radar for most of the British students.

CNBC sucks "This financial crisis is worse than a divorce. I've lost all my money, but the wife is still here." - Client after getting blown up

Apply to FTSE100 corporate finance roles, look at mid market boutiques etc. I think it should be your top priority to get experience. Getting experience shows you have character and that you are willing to role your sleeves up regardless of your academic background. This way you are building your CV, which is nice, but will also make huge leaps in terms of personal development. It's getting tougher to break in as the economy worsens so taking a less direct path to achieve your goals should definitely be considered.

What you need to do is post your CV and cover letter on the resume forum asap That way you'll get more objective answers. Also, fit is one of those subjective things that has the potential to sink your ship. As you probably know, Europe is taking a huge hit and everything is going through a crappy restructuring phase right now. I know one of my friends who is a year above me (I'm a junior in college) actually applied to an investment banking job in the Phillipines at a weak BB and got it. He has sort of average grades (3.4) as an english major but he's a nice guy to be around and I guess he got lucky especially because he didn't get any first rounds from OCR. He just networked and was desperate like all of us lol

Maybe you should try to look outside of London like my friend? I mean definitely apply through OCR, but when you pick "top 3 locations," try to pick places you think other people won't pick. Also, you should be aware that when you choose "SF, NY, and London" as your top three picks, you're probably gonna get dinged immediately at SF and NY. To be absolutely, brutally honest with you, LSE just doesn't have a huge brand name in the United States. If it wasn't for WSO, I wouldn't even know what LSE was. Obviously it's a big deal in London and Europe, but I just wanted to put that out there for what it's worth. I worked at two top BB firms and neither of them considered LSE a target, but don't let that discourage you and just keep your chin up. At least time is on your side man Good luck

BTbanker:
Isn't the UK a little different than the US when it comes to recruiting? I'm under the impression that you guys don't have OCR at your targets, and you just apply online to secure your SA.

European targets definitely have OCR, in some cases this allows you to bypass online application.

Although I am repeating what has been said several time, it really needs to established; this is simply the manner of London recruiting. It is, and always has been a lottery with IB recruiting, it's as simple as that. From the background you have provided, you sound like a very good candidate but it appears there is something glaringly obvious in your applications that recruiters are just not pleased with. Could it be your degree? You mention relevant- what is it? I have friends at LSE who are studying at Management and they are being auto rejected from everywhere really. It seems even attending a target, unless you're studying Economics/Maths/Statistics there is no safe (even then marginally) bet.

Like many have pointed out, it is still very early days and you shouldn't fret if you don't get into an IBD role. You aren't even in final year and given your previous work experience and credentials, it seems the road ahead is mapped with opportunity. I interned last year at a BB, and while it wasn't FO I knew a couple of VP's in AM from outside of work who said they have noticed a very heavy influx of international students in FO (Bocconi being big feeder). Maybe they are just being exceptionally selective with UK candidates. In any case... it isn't the end of the world. You have over a year to figure out if IBD is even for you, and more importantly if you think you are fit for IBD. I hope everything works out!

You obviously need to start doing something vastly different: 1) Expand your reach to other regions. Your school has a very strong alumni presence globally, so it would be beneficial to reach out to people in Dubai, HK, Shanghai, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Mumbai etc. Of course, target both BB and regional boutiques and spin a good story as to why you want to work in that particular city.

2) I know you are also involved with a collaborative ecommerce venture, so I think you should also consider working in a bizdev role for a startup. You'll likely to find far more interesting than banking and perhaps more lucrative.

I have couple of experiences to share with you. Hope that helps. I think my situation is the same with you: when I was a junior, I thought that I had passion for Accounting and Auditing. I applied for 5 firms. Everything is good, my resume, my university have reputation in the local areas, I passed all the first round of 5 companies. I got 5 interview but none of them offer me a job. Simply they talk that i'm not fit for this job. I wonder why, is that the job not fit for me? I know I can get another jobs but I do like only auditing ??? What's the problem? I thought it can be my interview, maybe I answered something stupid, I keep record of interview and handle to my father( he is a HR manager). Wow, I got a series of mistakes, interview has a lot of traps that you cannot aware of it. conclude: I suggest that take another interview, record it and find someone who can help you with analyze your problem. I know you apply to IBD but the problem is the same.

Only thing to add to the advice above is to check if there is anything you are leaving out that would make your application more interesting. People will tell you that you should get interviews if your CV+CL sound like you've got the standard banking ECs and academics down. But a lot of people will throw out applications because they effectively say "I've been focused on finance and nothing else since I was 12 years old." The analyst or associate flicking through the CVs sees this and says "Jesus, this kid is desperate to be a banker, but the guy who competes in amateur kickboxing and worked for that charity for a year sounds like he might actually be interesting to sit next to 14 hours a day. Let's interview him and see if he handles the technical questions alright."

you have to stand out. there are 100s of ppl with similar or related background to you. why should employer pick you? do something that makes you memorable and interesting. not necessarily related to the job! also, IBD isn't all that. it's dying big time. find something better to do with your life.

My situation wasn't totally different to yours...

I studied a good, but unrelated to IB, undergraduate degree at decent but non-target uni, then did a Master's in finance at a non-target, so you're already beating me there based on the uni you attended.

I managed to hustle an internship in fund management, as well as a an internship at a large accountancy firm prior to this.

I got to the final round of a couple of very prestegious asset management firms for ER positions, as well as a couple of start up long/short funds who were looking for someone to train up. Unfortunately, these didn't work out as they either decided to go with internal hires, reduce the number of graduates they were taking on, or go with people who had experience. I also managed to land a couple of interviews for valuation firms and smaller US IBs, none of which worked out.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I then decided to cut my losses and opted for a year long internship at a huge US based multinational conglomerate in the finance function of their energy division. I then managed to leverage this into an offer from one of their customers, and I now have my first proper full time job in the corporate development team of a large power generation firm, so I'll be doing M&A and strategy. They'll pay me through the CFA and an MBA so I can't complain. FYI, a friend of mine who joined the US conglomerate at the same time as me on a 12 month internship is also now working in corporate development at a different power generation firm.

Long story short, if you decide to specialise (to some extent) in something, you will stand out and you will be seen as a better bet than the other candidates, partly because you might bring a little extra to the table, partly because you can demonstrate that you have an interest in that particular field of specialisation. Had I not worked where I was, I wouldn't have been able to talk about the excess capacity in Europe with such authority. What I'm trying to say is that if you don't manage to get an IB gig, pick something with a strong brand name in an industry you'll be able to leverage. I have no doubt that if I didn't have the strong name on my CV that I wouldn't have been the prefered candidate.

Secondly, apply for jobs posted on your uni careers website. They're not as heavily advertised so that's where I've been most successful when applying to things. Alternatively, look on the websites of company's who don't make much effort to advertise elsewhere. Anything on efinancialcareers is pointless as it's such a lottery.

Finally, if you can't afford a Master's here, consider doing one in The Netherlands. It's cheap as chips... you can do a CFA accrediated Masters there for about £1,500 if my memory serves me correctly.

PM me ASAP if you're interested in doing a 12 month internship at the company I'm currently with, as I start my corporate development gig next week so won't be able to help much after that. I can't promise you'll be able to leverage as much as my friend and I have, but it's better than sitting on the dole.

dude to cast light on your situ - imho your app sounds pretty bland if youre going for IBD in this environment.

Your EC's might sound impressive to the average person = but going against some people I know in your peer group = theyve climbed everest, sports at international level, quadrilingual... Your finance experience will kind of be seen as substandard now as your peergroup will have done spring weeks. Summer intern conversion rates were also horrific this year- youre competing against every1 who failed to convert.

Contacts are now pretty usless- its not longer who you know. unless your contact is a European head, they can hardly get u an interview as everything is run by HR these days (unless u want a direct desk hire)= this is especially the case in London as all the banks are trying to make everything a level playing field and only hire the best on the day.

I recommend u dont try so hard with your network, you need to stand out with something spectacular. Keep going though your drive is admirable

1. Your resume may actually suck: you need to post it here, like many people have mentioned. Just cross out name and other identifiers. You are doing yourself a disservice if you don't do this.
  2. You may not be coming off well in your phone calls. This could be because of a number of reasons including: not knowing your stuff, rambling, coming across as arrogant/unlikable/immature, not being able to walk through your resume quickly, failing to show your value, failing to show interest in the other party, failing to connect with the other person, not asking for the order, etc. You may need to practice more, which leads me to my next point.
  3. You might not be targeting enough firms or people to speak with. This is likely the biggest problem. You said, "Networked with all levels of staff across several banks/boutiques". That's not enough.

Quaerat nam sed ut et ut libero. Quo sed maxime in eaque fugit ratione quae. Qui vel odit ipsam est nobis magnam.

Voluptatum error harum iure facilis est atque rerum sit. Quibusdam voluptate cumque nostrum sit sint sed delectus corrupti. Ad deleniti rerum natus molestias. Veniam reiciendis accusantium consequatur qui quis nam.

Quis pariatur facere aliquid ab velit minus. Doloribus porro sed libero maiores. Veniam dolorem rerum labore laboriosam qui. Consequatur quis labore dolor possimus et. Aut sit quam assumenda qui ut in.

Laudantium maiores corrupti voluptatem iusto minima adipisci dicta minima. Repudiandae ea non sed.

Voluptatem et molestias voluptas earum. Nostrum eaque qui molestiae necessitatibus et. Autem fugiat eaque corrupti id consequuntur qui. Voluptatibus sapiente ea sed consequatur excepturi blanditiis sed. Iste sed tenetur esse.

Tempore culpa nulla et eum praesentium eos. Non et voluptatum veritatis asperiores est qui nisi.

Suscipit sit suscipit sed sapiente sint molestiae sed ducimus. Pariatur unde eum eveniet labore explicabo dolore quaerat impedit. Mollitia ut quidem temporibus voluptatem placeat. Et amet expedita voluptas debitis officiis libero deleniti. Accusantium doloremque tempora in.

Labore laudantium enim assumenda similique molestias soluta. Adipisci provident animi molestias eos laborum.

Aut cumque aliquam in rem. Laboriosam labore blanditiis accusamus ut fugit alias sapiente eius.

Esse quia eius ipsa facilis porro. Earum voluptatum quis nulla ipsum neque. Officia magnam quia aut cupiditate. Quam repellat possimus maiores rem et. Voluptates adipisci molestiae qui molestiae libero nam.

Laudantium cum debitis nam et ut qui. Ratione voluptas illo numquam deserunt mollitia natus. Optio praesentium beatae porro. Natus vero cum adipisci vero architecto in eum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”