Most Helpful

When I was studying for the MCAT I swear I’d read the same thing over and over and it wasn’t sticking. I complained to my psychiatrist and he said I didn’t have ADHD and wouldn’t write a prescription for adderall or vivanse and told me that stuff will really fuck you up. 

I’d be very careful with it. I guess it’s all about what works for you from a very liberal perspective. I’m sure there are some monkeys on here that can advise proper dosages, but there is always danger when taking very strong drugs without a doctor’s prescription. 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Thanks a ton Isaiah. Been praying for your Mom as well, hope you're doing OK man.

Thanks bro - I really appreciate it.

Cheers 🍻 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Cocaine is extremely different from Adderall and literally no one "graduates" from Adderall to cocaine because

1) Cocaine is not a study/work drug

2) Cocaine lasts half an hour, Adderall lasts 10 hours if taken in extended release form

3) Cocaine is very expensive even compared to Adderall

Echo Delta

Cocaine is extremely different from Adderall and literally no one "graduates" from Adderall to cocaine because

1) Cocaine is not a study/work drug

2) Cocaine lasts half an hour, Adderall lasts 10 hours if taken in extended release form

3) Cocaine is very expensive even compared to Adderall

Yeah you’re right. Edited. I didn’t phrase that part very well.

This is the correct point.  You're probably not going to fuck yourself up w/ that dosage over the course of a month.  However, when/if you hit the desk, you're going to be busier and 20mg/day becomes 30mg/day.  Then you're mg #40 when you get incomings at midnight because it's an important deliverable that's due tomorrow and you're already mentally beat down.  

Moral of the story is to be conscious about taking breaks from usage and maintaining the ability to get shit done w/out it.  Very easy for dosage and frequency of use to increase and after you've been taking a high dosage for an extended period of time, you start needing it to get anything done and become a useless retard when not using it.  This actually takes quite a while w/out usage to reverse.  I would try to stick w/ caffeine as much as possible - from experience, addy usage snowballs very easily because it's so damn effective. 

I come from down in the valley, where mister when you're young, they bring you up to do like your daddy done

It depends, but 20 mg is pretty average. I’ve seen daily prescripts as low as 5mg and up to 60mg. You’ll be fine, but I don’t recommend continuing to take pills that don’t come directly from a pharmacy..

Most importantly - anyone in your family with a history of heart problems? Not necessary, but I’d see about getting some blood work done / take your blood pressure to see how your body is tolerating it. If no problems you’ve noticed regarding heart rate then you’ll be fine.

Agreed that 20mg is "mild" by adderall dosage. Also, if you're going to get a diagnosis for a potential script, what about asking about an XR? I used to take 40mg XR so it was long lasting (all day) instead of the spike and crash of 20mg at a time. Also, please tell us you're not thinking you're smarter than you really are and taking two 20's at once "because I need that extra edge for this cram session". Or other mix and match games like a 20mg and 10mg at the same time. That's exactly when the advice about checking on your BP/HR is more important than ever.

The poster formerly known as theAudiophile. Just turned up to 11, like the stereo.

No, I don't think I'm a genius when I'm on it, just helps me go a bit longer and faster than I normally would. I don't have the perception my intelligence changes, just how long and hard I can work for.And to answer the mixing - no, I've been doing 20 mg but nothing over, sometimes under (like 10)

If you’re looking for a ‘smart drug’ to stay ahead in class, don’t do it.  Studies have shown that adderall doesn’t work for normal people who don’t need it, showing no improvements in cognitive ability or information retention.

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/news/20180726/adhd-meds-no-help-for-heal…

Furthermore, it can lead to long-term mental problems including a degradation of natural ability to focus and think.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326023

Drumpfy

If you're looking for a 'smart drug' to stay ahead in class, don't do it.  Studies have shown that adderall doesn't work for normal people who don't need it, showing no improvements in cognitive ability or information retention.

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/news/20180726/adhd-meds-no-help-for-heal…

That study is a bunch of bullshit.

Amphetamines are so effective at improving cognition that the US Air Force used Dexedrine as it's "go pill" for decades.

In USAF fighter pilots and bombers, use of the stimulants Dextroamphetamine and Modafinil are only approved for specific long-duration sorties in very particular aircraft in which a pilot may be alone or unable to stand up and move.  In order for these medications to be used, a significant amount of paperwork must be submitted and approved at a high level of command.

The Air Force only gives drugs to pilots to avoid fatigue in situations where it would be almost impossible to do so naturally.  Keep in mind, some bomber missions are over 70 hours, in some cases pilots flew from Missouri to Afghanistan and back.

https://goflightmedicine.com/stimulants-sleep-aids/

https://www.airforcemag.com/PDF/MagazineArchive/Documents/2016/December…

Hahaha yeah I guess you're right, heavy is the wrong wording. Just don't want to fuck myself over. Thanks bro.

Ut praesentium nisi numquam. Aut natus omnis libero impedit odio. Aut non quo vitae molestias modi quia hic.

Maiores repudiandae consequatur illo eveniet voluptatem et ipsum. Architecto est at cupiditate.

Sint rem in dolores praesentium dolores nulla quod. Molestiae dignissimos sunt commodi nobis. Tenetur debitis ad nemo fugiat nemo.

Earum necessitatibus sunt possimus. Esse magnam earum rerum nemo perferendis exercitationem molestias. Aperiam ut consequuntur enim aliquam. Neque quam accusantium quaerat qui eligendi consequatur unde. Delectus itaque voluptatem ipsam debitis provident non doloribus. Aperiam ut ducimus qui modi rerum adipisci numquam.

Qui autem aut fugit numquam non. Autem nam minima aliquid.

Et quis neque sapiente et laudantium. Dolores enim sapiente a aperiam est reprehenderit voluptatem sint. Repellat iure consequatur aliquid ipsa ut alias et. Inventore qui optio qui neque mollitia soluta quod. Vel aut eius et eligendi. Soluta adipisci a cum et nostrum est et voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”