Or do you keep it a secret? Some of my conversations usually go like this:
Me: "Baby u so fine... let me tap dat..."
Stranger: " So, what will you be doing come summer after you graduate?"
Me: "Umm.. yeah I'll be workin someplace..."
Stranger: "Oh really? like a summer job?"
Me: "No, full-time"
Stranger: "Oh cool you found a job!, where will you be workin?"
Me: "Oh... San Francisco. I have no idea what to expect... but u so fine..."
Stranger: "No I meant what company"
Me: "Mmm company? err... let's see... a well-known finance company"
Stranger: "Which one?"
Me: "You know... Lazzy"
Stranger: "Oh I've heard of it, it's like pretty good right? What will you be doing though?"
Me: "Oh... uhh... banking"
Stranger: "You mean i-banking?"
Me: "Yeah... i-banking"
Stranger: "Wow, you're going to make so much money!"
Me: "Yeah... I guess..." (shrug)
Stranger: (looks at me with awe because I'm so humble and yet a banker, nothing like in the news!)
I mention my job when people ask me outright and even then I slow play it out so I seem humble and earn brownie points. I swear you can just see the glimmer of awe in their eyes.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- 5 Reasons You Should Never Brag on the Internet
- Explaining what you do to a layman.
- Inmate brags about living better in jail than when he was free
- Anyone read about the Bankers who hired a can from NYC to LA?
- Subtle/humble bragging
- The douchiest banker behavior you’ve ever witnessed
- Taleb: @EmanuelDerman Emanuel, you are a smart man, why the fuck are you still talking about CAPM?
- So is there anything else I should know about you?....Well, I can kick myself in the head.