Mostly aesthetic changes. Some changes to Pivots and a few new database related functions. Here's a quick demo from Mr. Excel.

I'll do what I can to help ya'll. But, the game's out there, and it's play or get played.

Interested in this as well. Did they just update Excel or the entire Microsoft Office package (e.g. Word, PPT, and Excel)?

I hate having to learn new keystrokes, especially since I just got up to speed on 2010.

"They are all former investment bankers that were laid off in the economic collapse that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have no marketable skills, but by God they work hard."

Best Response
CountryUnderdog:
Interested in this as well. Did they just update Excel or the entire Microsoft Office package (e.g. Word, PPT, and Excel)?

I hate having to learn new keystrokes, especially since I just got up to speed on 2010.

Usually keystrokes are backwards compatible. In excel try alt+d and you will see what I mean. If you still have your old keystrokes memorized you will usually be able to still use them as long as they don't conflict with a new one.

This to all my hatin' folks seeing me getting guac right now..

ive been using the final version since oct. 24th (i have an msdn subscription) and havent really noticed any non-visual changes. It does use little animations when navigating around cells and changing sheets which was annoying at first but now im used to it.

The "New..." screen that comes up when you open it is kind of stupid (not using online templates anytime soon).

It also defaults to one sheet on a new workbook now not 3, but you can change this.

Flash fill is also pretty cool but cant say ive used it much

I wish that they would overhaul the VBA IDE to get it out of 1998 and add modern features from visual studio like intellisense but i dont think this will ever happen

Id ut quibusdam quasi numquam et dolore est. Ex et quibusdam quo sequi vitae. Ex voluptatem quia dolor quia et. Aliquam quis et adipisci nemo. Dolorum accusamus praesentium libero molestiae soluta voluptas.

Non ea illum nobis occaecati nihil qui. Est est nam accusamus aspernatur. Iste necessitatibus deleniti omnis a nostrum sapiente qui.

"We're not lawyers, we're investment bankers. We call you for the paperwork. We didn't go to Harvard, we went to Wharton, and we saw you coming a mile away."

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”