Festival Season 2013 thread

Any of you monkeys into the whole music festival scene?

Specifically:

Electric Daisy Carnival
Bonnaroo
Coachella
Ultra Music Festival

Any Monkeys going to any of the big ones this year? For those of you in the workforce, is taking a whole weekend off an issue given the generally demanding work schedules? Any awesome stories from years passed?

I'm personally doing EDC and Ultra, but I'm interested to see how many of yall go to these...

DaCarez:
went to EDC last year, not again - its too many 18 year olds rolling their faces off. felt really old, and im only in my 20s.

i feel ya. i go to a lot of shows where the kids are 18-23, and i feel old as fuck (i'm in my mid/late twenties). i've been going with a big group with people of various ages (some friends of friends of friends). one show was 21+ and some members of our group were worried about whether they could get their fake IDs or not, and i was just thinking "WOW".

but anyways, don't let your age get to you TOO much. after all, as you said, we're still in our 20s. i think it's still OK to be doing this shit right now... because once you hit 30 it's pretty much over.

Money Never Sleeps? More like Money Never SUCKS amirite?!?!?!?

sayandarula:
DaCarez:
went to EDC last year, not again - its too many 18 year olds rolling their faces off. felt really old, and im only in my 20s.

i feel ya. i go to a lot of shows where the kids are 18-23, and i feel old as fuck (i'm in my mid/late twenties). i've been going with a big group with people of various ages (some friends of friends of friends). one show was 21+ and some members of our group were worried about whether they could get their fake IDs or not, and i was just thinking "WOW".

but anyways, don't let your age get to you TOO much. after all, as you said, we're still in our 20s. i think it's still OK to be doing this shit right now... because once you hit 30 it's pretty much over.

Hah, yeah, this is true. Maybe going back to Ibiza this summer, went a couple years back right before starting work...

vdubben:
In. Going to edc NYC or Chicago, and counterpoint is coming to NY which is great. Some of my friends are planning tomorrow land if they win the bid for tix, lucky cunts.

in Belgium?!?!?! lucky cunts indeed. i hear they're bringing it to North America next year....

Best Response

Never been to a "major" festival. Have been to Rave on the Rocks, now Global Dance Festival and it was pretty epic (with both names haha). If you haven't been to a festival at Red Rocks, I highly advise it. I don't like shelling out that much money/time for the majors, generally. Not same genre, but Warped Tour was meh as far as I'm concerned.

Also... BASSNECTAR!!! Best show I've ever been to, even though he kinda screwed up the end.

Age concerns: mid-20s, I don't feel old if I go with a group of 10+ around my age.

Hot girls: A lot of them. A lot of average/below average girls that know how to make themselves look good. If you're looking for a threesome and you're a successful, somewhat-outgoing, older guy, you shouldn't have a problem.

Not a complete list, and definitely not all electronic-

Festivals I WILL get to before 30: (despite not wanting to shell out the cash) EDC, Sensation (formerly Sensation White, in Amsterdam.), Lollapalooza

Festivals I WANT to get to before I'm 30: Ultra, Mayhem, Electric Zoo, Glastonbury, Sonar (Barce), Global Gathering, Stop Making Sense, World Electronic

Festivals I MIGHT get to before 30: SxSW, Bonnaroo, Rock the Bells, Austin City Limits, Voodoo, Primavera, Made in America, INmusic (location), Dour Fest, Midi (location), Wacken

Festivals you could pay me to go to (meaning buy my ticket and I'll go haha): Burning Man, Hellfest, Baybeats (it's free, so... maybe I should shift this up)

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

D M:
Festivals I WILL get to before 30: (despite not wanting to shell out the cash) EDC, Sensation (formerly Sensation White, in Amsterdam.), Lollapalooza

Festivals you could pay me to go to (meaning buy my ticket and I'll go haha): Burning Man, Hellfest, Baybeats (it's free, so... maybe I should shift this up)

I went to Sensation White in Amsterdam in 2009 (if I recall correctly). That shit was crazy. There's so many hot girls, and if you're into drugs it's pretty close to paradise. The show is impressive and usually great, but I have to say that the line-up is getting worse (but that's my opinion). Getting to the stadium before is crazy since you see all the people getting ready to party like there's no tomorrow.

The best part of my experience was sitting on the chairs about 30 feet over the dancefloor at like 6:00 AM. My buddy and I were completely exhausted and were about to leave when the son came up on a spotless blue sky. You actually do not get to see it because of the stadium's infrastructure, but there were windows halfway up around the entire place where you could see rays of light slowly getting down. If the weather is nice, I would tell anyone to stay until the sunrise. I kinda wish I took molly or something at that point (and a lot of people had been taking it at the event) because it would have made it even crazier, but hey, the weed was good.

Side note : I just got my Burning Man ticket today, this is going to be crazy.

Ruhm:
D M:

I went to Sensation White in Amsterdam in 2009 (if I recall correctly). That shit was crazy. There's so many hot girls, and if you're into drugs it's pretty close to paradise. The show is impressive and usually great, but I have to say that the line-up is getting worse (but that's my opinion). Getting to the stadium before is crazy since you see all the people getting ready to party like there's no tomorrow.

The best part of my experience was sitting on the chairs about 30 feet over the dancefloor at around 6:00 AM. My buddy and I were completely exhausted and were about to leave when the sun came up on a spotless blue sky. You actually do not get to see it because of the stadium's infrastructure, but there were windows halfway up around the entire place where you could see rays of light slowly getting down. If the weather is nice, I would tell anyone to stay until the sunrise. I kinda wish I took molly or something at that point (and a lot of people had been taking it at the event) because it would have made it even crazier, but hey, the weed was good.

Ruhm:

The best part of my experience was sitting on the chairs about 30 feet over the dancefloor at like 6:00 AM. My buddy and I were completely exhausted and were about to leave when the son came up on a spotless blue sky. You actually do not get to see it because of the stadium's infrastructure, but there were windows halfway up around the entire place where you could see rays of light slowly getting down. If the weather is nice, I would tell anyone to stay until the sunrise. I kinda wish I took molly or something at that point (and a lot of people had been taking it at the event) because it would have made it even crazier, but hey, the weed was good.

Man, it's all about the experience for me as far as Sensation goes. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to good music, too, but a show packed with smoking hot women dressed in white? kthxbai haha

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

i don't know dick about Hardstyle, but Defqon.1 in the Netherlands looks flippin' amazing. add this one to my before-30 bucket list hahaha.

NSFW Warning: there might be some overexposed butt-cheeks in that video, but nothing too bad.

sayandarula:

i don't know dick about Hardstyle, but Defqon.1 in the Netherlands looks flippin' amazing. add this one to my before-30 bucket list hahaha.

NSFW Warning: there might be some overexposed butt-cheeks in that video, but nothing too bad.

For hardstyle and similar, check out BLACK (formerly Sensation Black, the counterpart to Sensation/Sensation White)

Quo saepe atque ut. Nobis odit illum rerum aut et. Consequatur voluptas ut magni quas asperiores. Ipsum non modi id et officia et quis ipsum.

Hic cumque nihil neque totam officia. Sunt et cum dolor repudiandae.

Architecto eveniet consequuntur quia. Voluptas tempora qui in distinctio hic qui vitae earum.

Voluptatem asperiores sapiente aut ea et. Aut accusamus qui eos repellendus. Commodi qui ut est quaerat sed omnis ipsa. Ab nobis porro eos odit ea.

Reprehenderit inventore consequatur quod alias. Eius architecto voluptatem itaque aut molestiae. Eos sapiente accusamus animi eos et. Quaerat rerum eligendi ullam tempore. Eos nulla id expedita magni voluptatem odit et. Dolor pariatur in quod porro eos voluptatem quisquam. Eveniet eos ea ducimus omnis nesciunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”