After beginning the application process in the first week of September, I finally got an offer at a reputable boutique in NYC a month and two weeks after it all started. I applied to around 40-50 investment banks through a combination of campus recruiting, online resume drops, and alumni networking, ended up with 11 first-round interviews, 3 superdays, and one offer. My stress level has never been higher than it has been, especially within the last 2 weeks, as I was not confident that ANY of my interviews would ultimately end up with offers, and I had no Plan B to investment banking. This business is brutally difficult to break into, even coming from a top 25 university with a prior investment banking summer internship, and there is a great deal of luck involved. Thanks to all users on this forum, I've used this forum plenty of times to do some informal research on banks I was interviewing with, and it has been more or less informative and/or entertaining at all times.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Finally got that offer...
- Finally got a connection... now need tips.
- Got a job- not got paid
- Thanks WSO- Finally got an offer!
- Finally got an Internship!
- Urgent Help Needed RE: Final Round Interview
- Investment Banking analyst to world traveller: Got exit opps?
- Should I tell an MM I got an offer from about an offer I got from GS? (SA)