FOLLOW-UP HELP: 2015 SA, haven't heard back about FT over two months later...?

Hello WSOers -

First post on this site, forgive me if this is isn't in the right location.

I was a summer analyst this year at a BB Asset Management/private banking shop (this was my summer after junior year, I'm now a senior). Unlike my IB counterparts, we do not get last-day offers and so we were told that within the next month we should hear back about full-time offers by phone. It's been two months since the internship ended and I still haven't heard one way or the other from my recruiter about the full-time offer. I'm abroad and contacted my recruiter with my overseas cell phone number, to which he responded, and I emailed again about restrictions on posting to LinkedIn, so we've been in contact and it's not like we've both dropped off the map. I've spoken to my supervisor from the summer as well as with the analyst for whom I mostly worked and neither of them offered any hints.

Other analysts have already heard one way or the other so I know they've been contacting people.

WHAT DO I DO? at first I was anxious that I hadn't heard back and now it's just weird. I'm pursuing other job offers so I'm okay with the extra time but I'd still like to know one way or the other. Even though the summer went really well and I was expecting an offer, at this point I'm prepared for the worst.

Do I:
a) Ask the recruiter directly
b) Keep emailing the recruiter about tangential subjects, expecting him to volunteer the information eventually
c) Email other recruiters from the team
d) Ask my analyst or supervisor straight out
e) Other???

thanks for your help.

Confused.

Best Response

Ask the recruiter and if they don't give an answer ask them when they will give you a decision.

You already know this, but you should be pursuing other opportunities by now. It's not a great sign if they've already made offers to others and you haven't heard anything. You might be their alternative offer so perhaps they're waiting to hear back from others.

Suscipit quae ab quam possimus eveniet et. Rem iure natus facilis facere dolorem. Porro at nulla ad rerum consectetur. Odio et voluptates quaerat. Eaque dolore quibusdam minus eveniet.

Aspernatur maxime est ut nesciunt sed. Fuga exercitationem quia ut est qui dolorum voluptatibus.

Voluptatum libero minima ipsa et iure. Sunt aut delectus iste voluptas. Eveniet ipsam nihil perferendis.

Accusantium eum minus maxime magni optio eveniet animi. Sit cumque debitis voluptate qui sequi. Alias blanditiis aut id provident magnam soluta. Porro voluptatem dolor earum et rerum. Molestiae soluta reiciendis consequatur numquam iusto repudiandae aliquam. Natus id harum modi dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (199) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”