FTB's Betterment List For 2017 (Sans Bullshit)

Hey suckers. How are those new years resolutions treating you? You getting up early and getting shredded at Equinox, or maybe quitting weed? (Weed has its time and place but is generally for pussies who can't handle stimulants). Or perhaps you've finally decided it's time to break up with that chick who's getting a little too close to 30, and doesn't exactly hold her own against the babes in that dumb new spin class you're about to quit.

My new years resolutions? Thanks for asking, bro. I'm gonna take a hard pass on anything to do with my body, that's for women. I'm also already perfect in that regard, no homo. But I do have some ideas for how I can crush 2017 until it's as flat as Emma Watson's chest (google it, yikes).

1. Get Rid of That Damn Boat

I bought a boat when I was 22 and it's been sitting in a marina in [an undisclosed location] ever since. I work all the fucking time and I only use my vacation days to cover up huge lapses in judgment. Plus, I hate to admit it, but it's not a yacht and it's not befitting to my status as a badass/warrior/champion (take your pick).

2. Acquire More Money

You might recall that I used the tremendous leverage I had over my boss to get out of jail free, and I didn't want to push it after that. Regardless, I've been skateboarding and ShakeWeighting around the office in the wee hours to get the juices flowing and reach maximum productivity, and it shows. Higher-ups who aren't my boss are noticing, and soon it'll be high time to storm the corner office and ask for what I deserve, no blackmail necessary. I suggest anyone who is tiptoeing around asking for a raise to take note: work hard as fuck, pull a couple power moves (takes balls), then just ask.

3. Write a Book

You think I'm kidding, but if I can put these golden nuggets of monkey shit out into the world on a weekly basis, who's to say I can't unleash a tome the size of Infinite Jest on the world? You'll read it, don't lie.

What are your goals for this year? Are you gonna finally try to be as cool as me or are you good with your regular boring midwestern fishing trip you call life?

Best Response

Use your boat to travel to Columbia with your vacation days so you can indulge in your main hobby at rock bottom prices. Use the money you saved to buy a thoroughbred horse to ride to work like a boss.

Wow...I think you just FTB'd the FTB.

Applause to you, sir/madam.

Director of Finance and Corporate Development: 2020 - Present Manager of FP&A and Corporate Development: 2019 - 2020 Corporate Finance, Strategy and Development: 2011 - 2019 "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Definitely write a book. It would shit all over GS Elevator without lifting a finger. With any luck it would hit the mainstream and rile up the SJWs, who would march around with signs reading #OccupyFTB. Can you honestly tell us that being protested by SJWs isn't high up on your career goals?

Thanks, let me know if you ever need an introduction in the industry.

Non quas ratione aut odio. Sint corporis totam et et modi sit velit qui.

What concert costs 45 cents? 50 Cent feat. Nickelback.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”