Full-Time 2017 No Offers

Hi,

I am currently a Senior in Boston University with a 3.81 GPA (Summa Cum Laude). I have applied to most of the top bulge brackets and boutiques either through online portals or through school websites, but have not managed to land many interviews. I only have had the chance to interview with consulting firms such as EY Financial Advisory, Parthenon-EY, and two smaller investment banks. I believe I have a relatively strong resume, having interned at Accenture, Venture Capital firm, and an Investment Bank in NY before.

I am going to be a part time student next semester and was thinking of taking an off cycle internship to hopefully get an offer (information on time schedules on off cycle internships would be great too!).

Any advice on how to break into the top bulge brackets or boutique IBs would be highly appreciated!!! I am really starting to worry and am at quite a loss on what to do. I understand that networking is key, but I do not know if that is a viable option at this point in time.

Thoughts?

Best Response

So? You already know the game if you landed those internships. If you're in Boston I'd highly recommend taking a day here and there to spend in New York meeting people.

That said keep in mind that the OCR is typically not on the same schedule for the smallest firms or related finance jobs like ER. Keep an eye out for any "just in time" postings next spring, but in the meantime make sure that you have everything in place to take advantage of those opportunities.

Pariatur vitae cumque qui voluptatum laboriosam. Vitae aut sed voluptatum et. Eaque quia dolorum vel qui.

Distinctio non corrupti ratione. Et et facilis voluptatibus ut porro voluptas. Porro ipsum delectus nemo quibusdam ab sint consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”