On the G.S. website. I had the site bookmarked, but they recently re-did the recruitment section (in the last week). Now it's made up of videos and some other corny stuff.

If you search around on the site, you can probably still find it.

Great strategy Ham:

1) Publicize/promote/announce the program all over wallstreetoasis to insure more people apply to the already super-competitive program

2) Get together your subpar 3.6 sate-school resume

3) Then you apply

I think anyone on this site and who is looking for a job in S&T, would not fear competition. I am sure Goldman Sachs, does not need this site to promote their elite program, that allows to leap into the SA program.

btw, if you google you can find the program and the dates, on a cached page. Applications were open after November 15, due by January 10th it says.

deadjackal,

Your entirely accurate surmise has cut me to the bone!

Insecure much?

by deadjackal Who else here despises happy people? I'm never happy except late at night when Im drinking by myself

LMAO

first, Im a junior

second, spring programs in the u.s. are very rare unlike in u.k.; not as well known. apps are probably still increasing each successive year. 10-20 more from this post probably won't matter for a given individual but still. Plus I thought I was being funny

third, if you're 'LMAO' is directed at my depression/insecurity than I hope you get yours

last, I can't check this thread again b/c if I do I'll probably become an a-hole and go out on a idiotic angry tirade like I did with fp175

theHam1: don't you mean "inaccurate surmise"? I don't think anyone is impressed that you can use a thesarus

Sarcasm.

If it were "inaccurate", it wouldn't have "cut me to the bone."

Thesaurus? How small is your vocabulary?

I don't see any "big" words. Seriously though. Thesaurus?

third, if you're 'LMAO' is directed at my depression/insecurity than I hope you get yours

If you want people on this board to hug / coddle you for your chemical imbalance and lack of social skills, find another board.

Grow a pair.

GS actively recruits for its spring program at several target schools. FYI, from last year's post (January 2007 posting):

"Strong performers from the Spring Program will receive offers for the 2008 Equities and FICC Summer Analyst Program. A select few may have the opportunity to be placed in the upcoming 2007 Summer Analyst Program. "

Good luck

mrbellaiche, you're an idiot and can't read. That quote ("FYI" its the same as the current posting faggot) says nothing about them recruiting from the spring program on campus. But Maybe you're just pointing out the obvious (e.g. telling us information we can all access from the actual website). If that's the case you spend too much time here.

Best Response

I apologize but I have no interest in this program and did not bother to check the official GS site. However after googling that phrase you are correct, the information is listed on the official page. However, I'm simply trying to let people know that the spring program is very competitive and that all these programs have official resume drops at target schools. I don't want to turn this into another target school vs non-target debate, but it seems like you are extremely insecure about the possibility of Goldman Sachs actively seeking to fill these Spring positions from its targets... This program is a lot more competitive than you think.

Again, from last year's posting.

Equities and FICC Americas Spring Program Are you interested in learning more about the Global Markets? Are you looking to experience Wall Street hands on and learn from experienced Sales and Trading professionals? The Equities and FICC Americas Spring Program is a great opportunity for sophomores to discover the fast-paced environments of Equities and Fixed Income, Currency & Commodities (FICC), where global events have profound, immediate and dramatic effect on the markets. The program features: Seminars led by business professionals Rotations through the various desks across Equities and FICC The Equities and FICC Spring Program will take place in New York on the following dates: March 12th 16th March 19th 23rd March 26th 30th Unfortunately, if your spring break does not fall within the dates listed above, you are not eligible to participate in the program. Apply Now Apply to your Career Center and online at www.gs.com/careers. When applying, please be sure to select the following: Type of position: Spring Program Division: EQ/FICC The program application deadline coincides with the summer analyst application deadline for your school. Please check with your schools Career Services Office to determine the deadline date.

And following this was a place to click SUBMIT RESUME...

It's very competitive. Basically, like interviewing for Summer Analyst Program, in that there is a resume drop and then on-campus interview.

I believe they take roughly 12 people per session, and I know th slots are typically filled by your usual suspects (Ivies, MIT, Duke, Stanford, Chicago..etc)

According to one of my friends that did the program last spring, the actual program is more than just rotating from desk to desk, but also being quizzed by traders on what you are learning. Thats essentially how they determine the top performers.

Its for soph's only! I think only people from targets have a shot.

I think its worth it, they're footing the bill + if you are not sure about a future in banking it can be an experience that will help you in your future decisions.

It's pretty competitive. Basically, like interviewing for Summer Analyst Program, in that there is a resume drop and then on-campus interview.

I believe they take roughly 12 people per session, and I know th slots are typically filled by your usual suspects (Ivies, MIT, Duke, Stanford, Chicago..etc)

According to one of my friends that did the program last spring, the actual program is more than just rotating from desk to desk, but also being quizzed by traders on what you are learning. Thats essentially how they determine the top performers.

I'm also wondering this because my applications say the same thing. Do they not tell you if you were declined? Does the "application received" change to "denied" or something?

I applied to two divisions for the spring program, and the one I interviewed for changed to "Selected for Interview" and the other one I didn't hear from (and prob didn't get into) is still "Application Received"

So I think it's not a good sign unless some of the divisions haven't started interviewing..

Consequatur ad iste tenetur nisi voluptas eos. Tempore eligendi suscipit enim et dolorem. Aut rerum sit minus. Alias eos molestiae quia nemo in temporibus voluptates.

Quod numquam a recusandae et nihil ipsam. Enim sequi vel reiciendis aut nemo eum aut. Beatae pariatur vel odio. Et commodi quasi accusantium reiciendis.

Maiores qui modi nemo vel similique consequatur laboriosam voluptas. Et at soluta molestias sunt facilis. Est velit qui fuga molestias autem. Officiis mollitia dolorem nisi commodi voluptate quia. Sint labore omnis eos consequatur omnis corporis omnis.

Eum est eos quia. Tempora qui molestias libero fugiat temporibus odio aspernatur. Sed iste maiores impedit voluptatem eos doloribus aut. Dolorem non dicta consectetur dolorem quia voluptatibus aspernatur. Ut quos sit ut et sed esse ipsam. Quia est omnis sit omnis et eos iure qui. Natus amet dolorum porro doloribus. Doloribus doloribus quia magni nemo dolorem corporis quisquam nulla.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”