Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program (VIP) 2017

Hello all!

I didn't see any one mentioning the Goldman Sachs VIP 2017 yet so I will do the honor and start a thread for it. From my understanding, VIP 2016 and the program in the years preceding it had a three stage vetting system:
1.) Phone Interview
2.) Phone Interview with a VP or MD
3.) Super-day

The division and offices I applied to are:
NYC- Investment Banking
San Francisco and Chicago- Investment Management

Unlike the program in the previous years, I have just received my first interview invite but on HireVue instead of a phone interview. Basically, I have to record my answers to the two questions provided to me in the interview invitation.

I hope there are more individuals on WSO who have applied to this program so we can share our experiences!

I am applying to the program as well. I was wondering if a thread would show up for this years program. I received the hireVue invite as well and was planning on conducting the interview tomorrow. I am actually deployed and am buying a suit today for this thing as every where I have read suggested you dress as if it is an in person interview.

I put down GIR, IM and Operations all for NY/NJ. Are you coming off of or going into a MBA program to have selected IBD? My real desire for #2 and #3 selection would have been IBD, but after speaking with people within the company many of the details didn't seem to be clear enough to try and pursue from a non-MBA grad background.

Yes, I am hoping for MBA admissions for Fall 2017. I think for the most part if you have been given an invite for your division choices, the division must have shown some interest in your resume during the resume screen. I am seriously hoping for the best because IBD was the reason why I started pursuing a MBA.

Just finished my interview. I recorded myself like 20 times before I did the interview. Also, it helps if you use the practice question part on the HireVue to just practice for the interview. My heart was pounding when I started answering the first question on the actual interview but the practice helped me relax! It was definitely a nerve wrecking experience but I think I did fine. Let's hope for the best!

SPC (P), US Army, Finance Unit in Germany, currently active, 3 years, Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Master degree in Accounting, 5 Years of working experience in Finance (Chicago, NY, DC)

USAFA grad, 5 years exp, currently USAF O-3, applied to GIR, IM, IB in that order (all NY). Also applied to UVA, NYU, CBS (interviews at UVA/NYU).

Good luck everyone.

NYU just got a big donation that exclusively gives scholarships to vets, lowering tuition to $30K/year (half off). UVA is public so the GI bill goes much further, and I've been told by the AdCom that they try to make up the difference in scholarships. UVA is very vet friendly and yea NYU living expenses are crazy but hey it's NYC.

2010 USMA grad. Econ major. I applied to IB in NYC and IM in Boston and DC. I completed my video interview a few days before the deadline. Haven't heard anything since.

Good luck to all.

Yeah, I think thats what they said in email with the initial interview invite. I wasn't sure if we should expect phone interviews with our preferred departments before superday invites go out. In reading previous year threads, it looks like some people went through multiple phone calls before superday. Obviously with the recorded interview its a bit different this year so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Hey all, while we sit here waiting I figured I would let everyone know I received an email from Bank of America and their VAP program is the same dates as GS in NYC. It opens for applications in January. WFC is open for applications now as well. No matter what happens, there are back up options! Good luck to all, hopefully we all hear good news today.

Well, I'm out....at least I got business school to look forward to.....they said they'd continue to look through resumes up to Jan 9....sounds like a wait list, but I doubt anyone would pass up an opportunity like this to make room for anyone to move off a wait list

Haven't posted previously but was lurking this thread. I got an email at 4:17pm saying I wasn't selected for an in-person interview but that they would continue to review applications through Jan 9. Sounds like a no thanks, waitlist is a best case scenario. So it goes.. good luck to everyone still in it!

Invited to interview with Securities. For me, I think I did okay at my video interview, but I think my additional coursework I took this year helped. I took some classes from local colleges in finance and business. I think that may have closed some gaps on my non-math/quant background.

I say stay at it, take some classes, hit it strong next year or with Bank of America (applications in January).

Just found out about this website (WSO) after I Googled "GS VIP acceptance rate" last night. Anyways, thanks for starting the thread, it's an awesome forum. I got invited to interview with Services and IBD in NYC. I never selected Services in my original application nor did I allude any interest to it during my HireVue interview (2nd) question. It says we can'talk change the divisions we interview with either so thats kind of let down since I selected IBD, IMD and GIR originally. Congrats to Islandvibe and warmfussies, looks like we'll all be interviewing for IBD and congrats to everyone else who got accepted and is lurking. See you all in the big Apple and good luck!

Hi everyone. I will be interviewing with Ops in NYC. Background is a bit different - left the corporate world to pursue a period of AD, now returning to corporate world. Two classes from my MBA (feels like it will never be over). Marine Corps E-6 with 11 years (total, about half Reserve, half active). Thrilled about the opportunity and looking forward to meeting many of you.

I received the confirmation email plus one for travel booking. Unfortunately, it seems like the link on the pdf doesn't work. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Also, I'm kind of surprised that the interviews are only a hour long. Everywhere I read, they said GS likes to do day-long interviews.

I'm interested to see how it turned out for everyone. I am an enlisted Marine Corps vet and spent 4 years in M&A Advisory before I went to bschool. I just finished my SD with GS on Jan 27, but the people I interviewed with were all Wharton, Stanford and Columbia, so I'm not sure I was considered as part of the same group.

How'd your interviews go and did anyone get an offer?

I'm a submarine officer planning on applying next year since my contract isn't up until next January. I've read the flier on the GS website, but I am wondering if anyone feels like sharing specifics. Number of applicants, number/location of interviews, questions types (standard ib interview technical questions or fit questions, or both), how do you select an office, which offices have which roles, anything you think made your app more competitive, or any insight you wish you had before you started the application. Thanks for the help

Lastly, I'm also planning on applying to full time MBAs this fall. Does anyone know if this can lead to a subsequent MBA internship? Or is the program looking to hire full-time analysts only. I could see them screening people who are attending MBAs, if the plan is to hire analysts and you are unlikely available to hire for another 2 years at the associate level.

Et corporis animi occaecati laborum. Ab voluptates suscipit unde omnis. Animi aut sint excepturi id. Maiores quasi in ex nostrum molestiae. Similique laboriosam et officia eligendi et.

Quia rerum debitis aliquam velit facere perspiciatis. Reprehenderit aperiam excepturi repellendus porro. Temporibus nemo aut inventore ut facilis. Eius et cum in sed quia temporibus. Blanditiis officiis exercitationem eveniet est aut.

Aut eum eos minus laborum libero et. Cupiditate cum earum nisi rerum quod. Ipsa quis voluptas sunt nam nobis ex dolorem et.

In non consequuntur deleniti consequatur aut eveniet. Molestiae id aut odio fugit cupiditate mollitia voluptatibus.

Dignissimos quas sapiente aut mollitia sequi inventore. Vel ipsam odio dicta autem neque itaque ea. Corrupti cupiditate fuga possimus consequatur. Vero laboriosam expedita aut beatae expedita recusandae. Et labore molestiae quis impedit nostrum et quidem.

Mollitia qui molestiae et a. Excepturi tempore sint perspiciatis tempora. Velit non accusantium laudantium quae ut voluptatem consequatur. Iusto laboriosam ullam nesciunt qui ut.

Rerum ut dolorem rerum enim similique dolores. Dolor ea expedita enim molestiae consequuntur eveniet. A cupiditate sit omnis nam vitae natus natus. Fugiat ut veniam ut sit mollitia quos provident.

Fugit omnis minus vel quia accusamus ut. Distinctio eius dolores molestiae vel commodi aliquam. Magnam et qui ut laudantium dolore. Aliquid et ut quas quo. Est voluptatem praesentium at enim esse pariatur.

Animi iusto accusantium omnis ullam commodi. Magni occaecati rem est eos possimus. Et cumque odio adipisci temporibus est nam excepturi ullam. Eos rerum tenetur qui eveniet enim iure dolor occaecati.

Repellendus autem natus accusamus delectus dolorem et. Quis quaerat molestias vel et. Quo voluptas esse quasi alias aut dolor. Iure qui a quia quia. Ut enim occaecati quas voluptas officia. Accusantium corporis eveniet non natus pariatur delectus quae magni.

Aut dolorum id odit aliquid illum fuga et accusantium. Eligendi et molestiae amet dolores illum. Quia dolor voluptate saepe perferendis natus facere nesciunt. Eaque saepe est aliquid consequatur fugit qui. Impedit ea placeat ut aut et in. Sunt qui commodi sint ab dolorem velit quo. Ratione eius praesentium est cum debitis debitis quam delectus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”