In my opinion, the firing of Larry Summers by the politically correct liberals, was a disgraceful moment for the world's greatest university.
President Drew Faust seems to be bent on fully implementing her politically correct agenda. She recently hired Nohria as the dean of Harvard Business, who explicitly said that he wants the school to accept more women, minorities, and internationals. For those of you who read GMAT club forum or follow HBS Guru, the big PE firms got absolutely destroyed in round 1 admission at HBS this year. Firms like Blackstone, KKR, and Carlyle, which usually sends 90%+ of their pre-MBA associates to HBS did dismally. The number i heard for blackstone is that they went 0 for 4.
I totally appreciate the need to have students from different backgrounds. Business school will be awfully boring if everyone came from a banking/PE background. Nonetheless, I have a major problem when a school accepts people from certain demographics just for the sake of diversity. Once again white and asian men continue to get shafted by the liberals who are obsessed with multiculturalism and making minorities feel better about themselves.
Harvard will remain the greatest school in the world, the standard by which every other school is judged. It is sad though to see this rampant pc agenda.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Brutal recruiting reality for Harvard's class of 2009
- Liberal in Investment Banking?
- Correct designation if you've passed CFA Level I, but aren't signed up for CFA Level II?
- So let's assume the median on the spreadsheet is correct,
- Rahm Emanuel's name will be on the ballot
- Thoughts on Harvard's executive program in VC/PE?
- Let's discuss the truth about liberal arts majors breaking in
- Chances for an undergrad at Harvard Extension School? (don't laugh)