My boyfriend is going to HBS next year (he got admission for this academic year, but deferred till next year because of work) and we're saving up for b-school now. I'm going to transfer to my firm's Boston office. On my income and his savings we could live very comfortably, but since b-school is so expensive most of the money is going into that.
Where do HBS students live to save money but get decent apartments? Most of the people I've spoken to live on campus in dorms, or they live in university housing on Western Ave. But from what I've heard, it's a very "campus" feel and it's not like you have interesting restaurants or music venues right on your doorstep. We're moving from New York, so we definitely don't want to constantly be in a campus environment.
Are there places in Allston that are affordable and where you can find decent-sized 1-bedroom apartments? Or is it just a better deal to live in university housing? Do people tend to prefer Allston or Cambridge?
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Where to live? Citi Analyst
- Where to live?
- Working in London (Hammersmith)- suggestions on where to live?
- Commute to Midtown... Where to Live?
- Chicago- where should I live?
- Working in Canary Wharf- Where to live?
- Who plays xbox live?
- Where to Live? FY1 Analyst- 74K Base Salary, 23K in Student Loans: Manhattan, Hoboken, or Jersey CIty