Best Response

This is not bad for an MBA program. Frankly I figured that out of ~1000 students they'd do a tad better.

We had an MFE drop out last summer. I don't know how his situation compares to $522- I suspect it's better, but he's now in one of those situations where work is an option, not a necessity. We also had a few ORFE PhDs do better their first year. I suspect similar tail case stories are being told at CMU, NYU, Columbia, etc.

We really need to stop worrying about these tail cases. That person probably isn't you. You need to focus on what you do best. Don't turn into Brady4MVP.

If the IlliniProgrammer account were a little less PG-rated, I'd be going off on some long rant that involved first-year analysts spending an extra 10 minutes at home every morning fantasizing about becoming the next Ken Griffin, rather than doing better jobs and materially improving their circumstances.

I wouldn't consider $500K all in for a Stanford MBA with prior IB/PE experience to be THAT impressive.A great salary all the same, but considering someone from Stanford/Harvard is getting mega fund interviews and stuff like that comp should easily be around this.

meabric:
LIFinancier:

How much do BB pay 1st year Associates out of top MBA Programs?

Closer to $300k all-in for the guys that still pay bonuses.

So how would it break down for a Associate 1 in his first full year from Jan-Dec?

$100 k base, and $200k bonus. Sounds like a lot. Notice I'm leaving out the sign on which is for A0's.

yeahright:

yet you said Twitter..

and just edited your post from Facebook to Google... which one is it?

I'm most certain of the Google guy.

Tech firms don't care if you work 30 hours a week or 70 hours a week. They just care that you get your work done. And there are developers who can get 70 hours/week of work done in 35 hours. What's so odd about that?

IlliniProgrammer:

Ehh I know guys at Google pulling that. It's all about how much you can get done in a week, not about face time or presence.

My younger brother works at Google. I'll admit that my knowledge is fairly limited, but it doesn't seem like any of the younger devs are working 35-hour weeks.

holla_back:
IlliniProgrammer:

Ehh I know guys at Google pulling that. It's all about how much you can get done in a week, not about face time or presence.

My younger brother works at Google. I'll admit that my knowledge is fairly limited, but it doesn't seem like any of the younger devs are working 35-hour weeks.

One of my friends works at Google , works 8-4, and gets out at 1 PM on Fridays.

Your younger brother isn't one of the more efficient programmers. That's OK; he's probably doing great, but there are guys who can crank out 2-3x the work other great developers do in the same amount of time.

Oh well, 24-year-old node.js developers go for about $80/hour these days. I don't think $50/hour for an HBS MBA working in banking is unfair. Especially when you are requiring 120 hours/week and those last 40 hours are in the 33% tax bracket.

Officia cumque fugiat blanditiis fugiat pariatur asperiores. Expedita nihil iusto porro laudantium et et inventore. Veritatis molestiae et dolore ut autem. Ut tempore impedit quo autem commodi ut et.

Fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds of run. - Kipling

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”