HK S&T SA 2011 Thread

Looks like banks in the region are starting to recruit for summer analyst positions. I was thinking that it would save all of us some time if we post any progress here.

As far as I know, GS, MS, JPM and BarCap have given out first round invites. Anymore?

anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? they say 1-2 weeks, but is that the case for everyone?

also has barcap started interviewing already? I was never contacted by phone or email but when I logged onto their site my status had changed to "you have been invited to phone interview" but when I try to sign up for one, it says there are no more slots available. anyone else in this situation?

kazuyamishima:
nope, i heard from jpm and baml so far.. im being realistic... just hoping to get one more first round interviews.

Have you had your JPM interview? I haven't been contacted ...

usdjpy:
kazuyamishima:
nope, i heard from jpm and baml so far.. im being realistic... just hoping to get one more first round interviews.

Have you had your JPM interview? I haven't been contacted ...

nope, i have had it neither and its like 30 mins the end of 22nd interview time for us candidates. my friend who had the same invite email didnt get called neither...(just checked it) anyone who had interview with JPM S&T?

i'd be interested if anyone's also had phone interviews with Goldman? They're the only firm for HK that I applied to and i had my interviews last week. Just curious what background everyone's interviewers were - I thought it was a bit weird that neither of my interviewers were in the HK office. They also gave me feedback on the spot, so I thought that was a bit out of the ordinary as well - anyone else get the same thing?

I don't accept sacrifices and I don't make them. ... If ever the pleasure of one has to be bought by the pain of the other, there better be no trade at all. A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud.

i interviewed with GS HK too last week, one was from HK the other was outside. I got a little confused during the interview too since it didnt seem like the interviewers knew what location i was applying for. i havent heard back about 2nd rounds yet though, have you?

usdjpy:
Looks like banks in the region are starting to recruit for summer analyst positions. I was thinking that it would save all of us some time if we post any progress here.

As far as I know, GS, MS, JPM and BarCap have given out first round invites. Anymore?

I interviewed with Barclays trading SA Singapore several weeks back and it took them a couple weeks after phone interview where I was offered for second round interview in SIngapore. That call was last week. Anyone else hear back and/or apply to Barclays S&T Singapore?

anyone else doing Goldman second round interviews? How many rounds are there in total??

I don't accept sacrifices and I don't make them. ... If ever the pleasure of one has to be bought by the pain of the other, there better be no trade at all. A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud.

eclecticist:
could anyone give me an idea of what kind of questions to expect for the barcap s&t superday?

Is this for grad or SA in HK?

How long did it take for you to hear back after phone interview?

kazuyamishima:
bapester:
Anything on HK SA S&T for DB / RBS / CITI? I've checked the online application and they are all still under review.

So far, I got rejected by MS and had 2rounds with JPM...

DB already sent out their in-person interview invitations in new york several days ago Citi also sent out really late first round invitations last week..

When did you have second round interview with JPM??

To NY? Is the DB invites for HK SA jobs? I've checked both Citi and DB applications and they both are under review. Guess I didn't get it...

I had 2nd round JPM interviews last week for S&T

Do you know if that's the only date for the 2nd round? (i.e. all the invitations are sent out?) If so I'm guessing I wasn't invited since I haven't heard back yet... (Interviewed on Jan 6). Thanks for sharing info.

I hope that's the case man... Because I thought I did alright on my interview as well (sigh)

Can I ask you which date your 1st interview took place & if you go to target ? My interview was just 1 on 1 though, not "interviewers". I guess they vary by school / location?

ironmind88:
I hope that's the case man... Because I thought I did alright on my interview as well (sigh)

Can I ask you which date your 1st interview took place & if you go to target ? My interview was just 1 on 1 though, not "interviewers". I guess they vary by school / location?

hey ironmind88. i go to a target and final rounds for CS is also on the 21st for me. hope that helps!

passionfruitkiss:
ironmind88:

hey ironmind88. i go to a target and final rounds for CS is also on the 21st for me. hope that helps!

Hey, I also have a CS final round (video conference) coming up next week. Could you maybe share your experience? Just wanted to have a rough idea of what to expect.

Also, was your interview with the HK or Singapore office? I just realized that their programme for is HK/Singapore combined, for FICC at least.

Have you heard from them by the way?

accountspayable:
GS final round is out

Are you going? It's this Sat for everyone right?

stendhalsyndrome8137:
I had my first round interview (via phone) on the 14th with JPM S&T, and still haven't heard from them. Is this a bad sign??

Should I email HR and ask? btw when is the superday for JPM S&T HK?

you had the first interview on 14th?? this seems quite late... I had one around Christmas and haven't heard since. I know some people who interviewed for that position, and nobody has heard anything so far.

kazuyamishima:
stendhalsyndrome8137:
I had my first round interview (via phone) on the 14th with JPM S&T, and still haven't heard from them. Is this a bad sign??

Should I email HR and ask? btw when is the superday for JPM S&T HK?

you had the first interview on 14th?? this seems quite late... I had one around Christmas and haven't heard since. I know some people who interviewed for that position, and nobody has heard anything so far.

are you applying from the US? I am applying from the US. when i got an email from HR, it seemed that the interview dates were from the 10th to 14th.

do you happen to know when the superday is?

hey guys,

I'd be really interesting in the prestige that each of these banks carry. There's been a lot of talk about which BB"s have the largest presence in Asia but its been primarily focused on IBD. What about S&T though? If given offers at all these BB's, which would you pick? I'm especially interested in thoughts on JPM, Citi, and BAML. Thanks in advance!

daniel2042:
I'd be really interesting in the prestige that each of these banks carry.

If given offers at all these BB's, which would you pick? I'm especially interested in thoughts on JPM, Citi, and BAML.

Vault guide has a section on Asia, if your school has a portal should be free info. So i'm looking it up right now in case you don't have access. Seems like it largely has to do with presence. Still, like most people on this forum emphasize so much, i think fit is more important.

JPM #2 Citi #9 BAML #14

ah:
daniel2042:
I'd be really interesting in the prestige that each of these banks carry.

If given offers at all these BB's, which would you pick? I'm especially interested in thoughts on JPM, Citi, and BAML.

Vault guide has a section on Asia, if your school has a portal should be free info. So i'm looking it up right now in case you don't have access. Seems like it largely has to do with presence. Still, like most people on this forum emphasize so much, i think fit is more important.

JPM #2 Citi #9 BAML #14

ah, would you mind also sharing the ranks of Barcap and UBS? thanks

venice316:
daniel2042:
oh and venice,136, i did the superday and haven't heard back yet either
Hey daniel2042, thanks for the heads up. Do you know how long does Citi take to give offers? I think the interviewer said sometime in Feb.

When i asked my interviewer, he said at least after Chinese New Year, but they are trying to do this as soon as possible. the date he mentioned was also mid-Feb.

tiffanyyiu:
bapester:
JPM HK S&T offers came out already...

is this for UK candidates/Canada candidates/US? Reason I ask is coz i Know there is regional difference. and I guess also the fact that they rank candidates too - 'definite yeses' will get called up first? guess we shall tell for sure after CNY hols ...

well i know that JPM HK S&T offers came out for US students. top picks get called first.

daniel2042:
Any updates on offers?
Cit's a weird situation. Some have received offers, but according to someone in the division, all offers have not been officially given yet.

Did somebody say that an interview gave mid-feb as the time when offers should come out?

venice316:
I got an offer from Citi Global Markets last week. Can anyone shed me some light on its equities division in Hong Kong? Thanks in advance!

I'm assuming you got a call from Harold?

Impedit animi corrupti incidunt quia exercitationem. Ratione repudiandae possimus et cumque sequi cumque. Voluptas voluptatibus autem enim vel et repudiandae magnam. Sit nobis quis qui et quibusdam et.

Ipsam consequatur consequuntur iusto nemo debitis qui. Reprehenderit totam quam dolor nulla. Ad velit ipsa aut.

Rerum rerum est nihil hic rerum sit. Perferendis minus dolorem et maxime eius.

Dolores beatae ut inventore saepe magnam fugiat omnis ad. Distinctio consequatur quo hic vel recusandae voluptatem officia. Aut rerum aut aut dolorem qui.

Id voluptatibus quibusdam sunt tempora sit voluptatem. Aut rem cupiditate nemo voluptas voluptas facere tempore. Aliquam quas qui dolorem doloremque error provident. Laboriosam atque sint non quae cumque. Excepturi esse placeat molestiae natus.

Commodi sit delectus rerum eius nihil temporibus quasi. Aliquid laborum quo omnis. Dicta vitae quas iure repudiandae eligendi adipisci. Praesentium harum voluptatibus velit. Veritatis quis et quia officia dolorem animi excepturi illo. Esse aut minima eum dolorem. Cupiditate occaecati minima tempore natus nulla quos.

Omnis excepturi sapiente molestias minima provident. Natus illum deserunt aliquid odit. Iusto id quia voluptatem fuga. Error explicabo molestias fugiat sint.

Best Response

Nisi iste et non optio est libero aut. Dolorum sed commodi cumque hic. Dolorum eos ea ipsam corrupti consectetur repudiandae velit.

Temporibus ipsa numquam similique ab nam aspernatur. Sint consequatur dicta fugiat. Consequatur minus sapiente et veritatis sed.

Atque officia nisi eveniet voluptate qui. Eius fugit aliquam aut hic distinctio voluptates laudantium consequatur. Et unde excepturi soluta ut vitae aut. Enim ut soluta rerum et vero tempora eos.

Ipsa soluta dolor voluptate reprehenderit nam occaecati. Quia ipsam quas ut harum commodi.

Sequi aut qui commodi itaque nesciunt nesciunt. Reiciendis et quo totam eos dolores. Consequuntur adipisci modi accusantium iure.

Accusantium doloribus et minus exercitationem. Dicta neque eum earum ut est eos. Commodi officia laboriosam qui explicabo porro omnis. Modi ullam ratione eum aut soluta.

Iusto sunt laborum et. Accusantium id quibusdam perferendis culpa ut nemo. Fugiat totam ut ut dolorem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”