Is this a masculinity contest?

Because I don't lift. Body building is narcissistic, not masculine.

I box. Sparring tomorrow morning.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, post threads about how to do it on WSO.

Boxing will benefit you more.

Learn that getting hit is because you have not done what you know you should have done. Overcome instinct with discipline. Take punishment with a smile. Raw competition, not about the swole.

Also, it's left me with a resting heart rate

Those who can, do. Those who can't, post threads about how to do it on WSO.

If you think lifting is bad for you you're insane. I'm pretty sporadic in my gym routine, but I certainly feel a lot better when I'm in it.

Between this and the dick size thread I though I was on 4Chan for a second. Holy shit.

"When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead."

2x2Matrix

Why did you clear all these generic posts of yours?

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

[Comment removed by mod team]

whateverittakes:
Bulge bracket banks hire so many analysts that they're bound to have a fair amount of weaklings. Single-office boutiques, however, are very big on cultural fit and if one senior banker is an athlete, you can bet that his influence will be reflected in ALL of the subordinates he brings in.

However, it's worth noting that since these are single-office boutiques we're talking about, they tend to really suck hard.

In sum, 6'4" and 240 lbs. Vanderbilt alumnus "Donald Halloway" can brag about his 350 lbs. bench press all he wants (350 over 240 is a pathetic ratio anyway), but he still works at a shithouse of an investment bank in Memphis and he still makes $70K a year all-in tops.

I didn't create this as a bragging thread, just had an honest curiosity of the perception of bankers when it came to physical stature. In fact, I wasn't really expecting numbers as a response but more commentary. The title of the thread was rhetorical.

You are spot on about shitty comp at small shops but I'm asking about the industry as a whole.

Jose.Rey:
There is no doubt that I could have beaten the shit out of all the partners at my firm. Do you think this plays a role in the treatment of an analyst?

Would you hire an analyst that you knew could knock your fucking teeth out on a whim?

In a word: yes.

As much seniority as someone wields over you in the corporate world, remember that underneath the pinstripes and the braces, we are just hairless monkeys. The rational part of their brain might know that they can turn your bonus into a donut, pass you over or blame their mistakes on you and get away with it because they're your senior and your career depends on you taking it like a bitch. But the animal part of their brain can't ignore the fact that you are the young-gun competing to be the alpha-male and that if you look like you would tear off their arm in the jungle, they can't ignore that, even though you're in Manhattan, not the African Savannah.

I see this all the time in my area. The guys with pre-pubescent physiques get torn-up regularly even though they're smart guys. The power-lifters, former football players and guys who do MMA at nights never see that.

I don't lift for size so much anymore, more for definition. My all time max bench, about 5 years ago, was 330ish. I figure I could put up about 300 now. I weight ~210 and dropping about 1.5 lbs. a week. I'm in my summer cutter.

Don Corleone:
if you truly want to gauge a man's strength, watch him perform a proper squat i.e. hips going remotely below the knees; back straight.

In order of importance 1. Squat 2. Deadlift 3. bench 4. military press

1.deadlift 2.squat 3.bench (325) 4.cleans

edit: 178

I banana back

some dudes post some big numbers on bench here. Just curious, u guys do proper bench ? something like this 1. bar off the rack, elbows almost-locked 2. bring it all the way down, bar hits chest 3. push it back up, elbows almost-locked (cant bounce the bar off chest)

6'5" 230, I'm pretty sure I can still bench about 75-80 lbs on a good day, maybe only 50 on a bad day. Yeah, I'm kinda jacked, don't even worry bout it.

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

happypantsmcgee:

@"happypantsmcgee", WOW! I never knew that the monkey's marathon forearm workouts could get results like that!

[quote=Matrick][in reply to Tony Snark"]Why aren't you blogging for WSO and become the date doctor for WSO? There seems to be demand. [/quote] [quote=BatMasterson][in reply to Tony Snark's dating tip] Sensible advice.[/quote]

I think the OP definitely approached the topic the wrong way. Just because someone lifts and looks jacked doesn't necessarily mean that they're not a pussy. Watch a guy in a fight and you'll see who really is or isn't tough. I've trained martial arts and, more recently, MMA (definitely less often since starting the job) for most of my life and some of the toughest, baddest guys out there look like "pussies" in street clothes. Ie, they look like skinny kids most jacked guys think they could take on with ease. I've seen these tiny guys take on big meatheads and win time and time again. Just because you can pack power in a punch and your arms are bursting out of your shirt doesn't mean shit. Looks can be deceiving.

With that said: most people in my office would shit themselves in a fight, the lifters included. To answer the OP's question: yes, most bankers are pussies.

DontMakeMeShortYou:
I think the OP definitely approached the topic the wrong way. Just because someone lifts and looks jacked doesn't necessarily mean that they're not a pussy. Watch a guy in a fight and you'll see who really is or isn't tough. I've trained martial arts and, more recently, MMA (definitely less often since starting the job) for most of my life and some of the toughest, baddest guys out there look like "pussies" in street clothes. Ie, they look like skinny kids most jacked guys think they could take on with ease. I've seen these tiny guys take on big meatheads and win time and time again. Just because you can pack power in a punch and your arms are bursting out of your shirt doesn't mean shit. Looks can be deceiving.

With that said: most people in my office would shit themselves in a fight, the lifters included. To answer the OP's question: yes, most bankers are pussies.

Sorry about the approach but like I said before, I didn't really expect people to post stats. My post was meant to be a bit hyperbolic and satirical with the idea of reaching a general consensus on the overall perception of bankers being weaklings or jockish.

I realize I provided no gray area and 90% of bankers fall somewhere in between weakling and jockish.

You have my agreement about saying a skinny or frail or not physically strong guy couldn't be psychotic in a fight. I am afraid of meth addicts and they usually look more like Jesus than John Cena. It's the crazy in a man's eyes that can make all the difference but at the expense of saving myself from writing a disclaimer, I just posted what I posted.

Most bankers are nerdy pussies in my experience. You have the "all american guys" and you have the nerdy pussies who try to substantiate themselves through a big pay check and prestige.

Im 5'10" 185, bench press 200.

5'9" 158 lbs and rep 205 lbs without any spot (do 225 when I have someone nearby, and the bar does touch my chest every time). South Asian descendant who didn't play any sports seriously, even in high school (unless you count pick up games). Show up at gym twice a week at most and don't even work out hard enough to sweat. The whole physical fitness (meatheaded-ness) is overrated, although I do believe in wide shoulder and narrow waist hah.

haha this thread reminds me of Best in Show when the announcer asks the other guy, How much do you think i could bench press?

Who the hell maxes out anyway? Why not just workout to look/feel good. ambition56 has it exactly right, when are you going to get into a fight? And i'm not talking about pushing the guy next to you at the club for stepping on your shoe. This is definetly a thread created to brag about ones self...

HFFBALLfan123:
haha this thread reminds me of Best in Show when the announcer asks the other guy, How much do you think i could bench press?

Who the hell maxes out anyway? Why not just workout to look/feel good. ambition56 has it exactly right, when are you going to get into a fight? And i'm not talking about pushing the guy next to you at the club for stepping on your shoe. This is definetly a thread created to brag about ones self...

I have no idea what my max would be/is, so I'm with you there. In regard to getting into a fight... sure, you may be laid back and non-confrontational, but should the perfect storm arise and someone throws a punch at you, what are you going to do? You never know what could happen, particularly when you mix women, booze, big egos and irritable personalities on a frequent enough basis. I'm not saying you should go train to become a cage fighter, but know how to throw and take a punch at minimum. Sometimes, just the appearance that you can handle yourself in a fight will make someone second-guess attacking you. In the worst case scenario where a fight does actually break out, you should be able to stand your ground and not get your teeth knocked out...

excelsior:
first off, anyone who listed their supposed "bench" without adding their numbers for squats, deadlifts and cleans - is an obvious joke.

Or they answered the question that was asked.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

excelsior:
first off, anyone who listed their supposed "bench" without adding their numbers for squats, deadlifts and cleans - is an obvious joke.

the OP did not ask for those stats. So, no joke.

I did Jiu Jitsu for 4 years and competed in NAGA so i think i'll be okay, just saying that any time i would get attacked it most likely will be in a situation that i am wasted and attacked from behind or something with little time to defend myself. As much as it sounds like a little bitch move, if you are getting mugged or some shit your best bet is to fucking sprint away, most likely the guy has a knife/gun.

HFFBALLfan123:
I did Jiu Jitsu for 4 years and competed in NAGA so i think i'll be okay, just saying that any time i would get attacked it most likely will be in a situation that i am wasted and attacked from behind or something with little time to defend myself. As much as it sounds like a little bitch move, if you are getting mugged or some shit your best bet is to fucking sprint away, most likely the guy has a knife/gun.

I rarely see anyone getting attacked from behind... usually it's a face-to-face confrontation that escalates after some pushing and finally a punch. If a friend of theirs comes in, then yes you might be in a situation where your attacker comes out of nowhere. But yeah, being wasted certainly doesn't help your reflexes...

In regard to the mugging, I'm with you there. I don't think there are many (or any) people on this board who are experts at disarming attackers... the best bet is to either hand over your money or run away. It's simply not worth the risk. I don't care how tough you think you are

cplpayne:
5'11 195lbs, bench: 405lbs, Squat: 315lbs, Deadlift: 275lbs

Do you just do nothing but bench? It's pretty rare to see anyone who benches more than he squats and squats more than he deadlifts. No hating, just find it odd.

Bout tree fiddy.

To shamelessly plagiarize: I am Broseiden, king of the Brocean.

On a more serious note, having once said the two worst words a young man can say to other young men looking for leadership, I generally don't worry about analysts knocking my lights out.

Lastly, if the SHTF and you can choose between glorious pecs and a reliable carbine, you should probably go with the carbine.

Haha, Its a joke! Wondered if anybody would actually catch it, though I have friend like this....he is an elephant on stilts, just dumb looking.

"One should recognize reality even when one doesn't like it, indeed, especially when one doesn't like it." - Charlie Munger

it is what it is:
you guys need to realize...no one cares how much you bench. it is all about the SQUAT

Maybe at the Lesbian Biker bars you hang out at but no one asks The Situation how much he squats yo!

EDIT: I posted this comment and immediately an ad featuring the situation popped up on the right side of the window...

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

oldabe:
I'm 5'11" and bench 405 as well.... but I weigh 165 pounds. Been hitting the gym daily since I was 12. Also been a long distance runner my whole life, so my squat isn't all that great

All I have to say is, if you bench 405 at 165 lbs, you're a freak of nature and in a very very small percentage of people on earth who can bench that comparitively.

TwoThrones:

Just curious to get a feel as to how strong (I know this isn't a true measure of strength) we are in correlation to what field we are in. I guess to make it interesting let's add a few details.

Bench (Max or Reps, whatever you prefer)
Industry (Put college or SA if you are there respectively)
How long you have been working out
How long you have been working

I'll go first.

Bench: 275
Weight: 185
Industry: corporate finance
How long I've been working out: 4 years
How long I've been working: 4 years

Amateur

bench: 405 squat: 475 dead lift: 385 hang clean: 275

weight: 243

Industry: back office of back office

how long i've been working out : a few days how long i've been working : a few years

op just wants to brag about his bench press when in reality i wreck him in every aspect

disclaimer: above is in ounces

speed boost blaze

torchic:
TwoThrones:

Just curious to get a feel as to how strong (I know this isn't a true measure of strength) we are in correlation to what field we are in. I guess to make it interesting let's add a few details.

Bench (Max or Reps, whatever you prefer)
Industry (Put college or SA if you are there respectively)
How long you have been working out
How long you have been working

I'll go first.

Bench: 275
Weight: 185
Industry: corporate finance
How long I've been working out: 4 years
How long I've been working: 4 years

Amateur

bench: 405
squat: 475
dead lift: 385
hang clean: 275

weight: 243

Industry: back office of back office

how long i've been working out : a few days
how long i've been working : a few years

op just wants to brag about his bench press when in reality i wreck him in every aspect

disclaimer: above is in ounces

lmao. ounces.

bench: 275 shoulder press: 225 dead lift: 315

Weight: 145 /150 (like a boss) Age: 23

Industry: Unpaid intern - Still working on getting in How long I've been working out: +5 years

23, 180, middle office, working for 1.5 years, working out off and on for 4 years Bench was 250x3 until I got a left rotator cuff tear last Fall, haven't done much benching since that but at like 225x1.

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

Simple As...:

Haha I'll bite.

Bench: 315 (3 rep max) [No spot whatsoever also]
Weight: ~175
Industry: HF
How long have you been working out: ~10 years
How long have you been working: 3 years

Dude, I think you need to weigh yourself again. Repping 315 for 3 at 175 body weight would be really impressive to me. I weigh 165 right now and my 1 rep max is 285 and I've been training for a long time. I'm guessing you weigh around 185-190. When you're benching about 2x bodyweight you're getting into powerlifting stats.

I do mostly bodyweight exercises and I'd encourage anyone who uses weights exclusively to give it a shot. That is, assuming you want a balanced, healthy, aesthetic body achievable with minimal time commitment that looks good both clothed and naked. If you wanna be a bodybuilder, go for it.

I weight trained from ages 14 to 19 and was 6' 244lb @ 18% BF at my heaviest. I was spending a lot of time in the gym, putting a lot of time into my diet, and restricting myself socially. My joints often ached and I felt overall unhealthy. For the record, I realize that this is anecdotal evidence. It's just my take.

I eventually used the paleo diet to cut down to 155lb after I injured my back squatting and had to take 6 months off. I decided that when I recovered, I'd switch my routine. I didn't want lifting to be a lifestyle, but rather just another thing I did to better myself continually.

I'm now 6' 180lb @ 11% BF. I'm not as big or strong, but I think that most people would agree that I look a lot better and I feel a lot healthier and am more agile. I also spend about 3-4 hours a week on my workouts and eat pretty much whatever I want. Although I still eat a paleo-inspired diet (lots of complete proteins and good fats, lots of veggies). But I don't limit myself in going out and drinking and eating with friends now.

My workout is:

Day 1: 4 sets Dips 4 sets Incline Pushups 4 sets DB Lat Raises

Day 2: Light cardio: Go for a run or take my dog on a longer walk if I feel shin splints creeping up on me. I've been listening to Joe Rogan and I want to get into kettlebell training. Might go snowboarding or mountain biking on one of these days. Basically, just getting the heart going to remind myself I'm a human being.

Day 3: 4 sets Pullups 4 sets Chinups 4 sets Olympic Ring Pullups

Day 4: Same as Day 2. Rinse and repeat.

Just my take on shit.

Not to make a meat stick comment, but I never understood how someone working out properly could weigh less than 200. If you squat and deadlift, that muscle mass in your legs alone should put you over. I look no different than most of my friends in the 170s yet have almost 50 lbs on them because I lift. Whatever, to each their own.

Is that a serious statement? First of all, height is a major factor. Second, bodyfat is a major factor. Third, caloric intake varies from individual to individual. Fourth, not all strength to weight ratios are equal. Lastly, goals are different amongst individuals, not everyone wants to be 200+ lbs. Richard Sherman and Percy Harvin, both jacked, are under 200 lbs. Your logic makes literally no sense at all and may be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Frank Sinatra - "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."

5'9'', 158 lbs Banking (teller)

I don't bench or squat or anything like that but I can almost do a third of the stack on the preacher curl machine at my local Planet Fitness

"This is the business we've chosen"!

I expected a lot more bro-science in this thread...

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

I started working out when I was in grade school. I quit lifting while in HS and college. I recently started back.
Wt: 197-206 lbbs Bench: Too dangerous! Pushups: 174 (all time best) Industry: other

FYI:

//www.youtube.com/embed/rgYDfporX00

http://scoobysworkshop.com/2010/12/05/high-school-football-player-dies-bench-pressing-in-basement/

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man." ― William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Esuric:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OloLS5kTrVs?feature=oembed

Winner of the thread.

Bench: I have no idea what my barbell bench is but I use 2x90lb dumb bells for 12-15 reps. People tend to lift more on the bar vs two dumb bells so if i had to guess its in the 225 area. Age: 25 Weight: ~250 Industry: IB How long have you been working out: On and off for 5 years, mostly off the last 2 months. How long have you been working: 3 years

My upper body has never been my strength. its all about leg day 700+lbs leg press.

Do you even lift.

The numbers don't really matter at the EOD. I've recently switched to an aesthetics type routine after incurable injuries. Pushing super heavy weights is all ego.

On a serious note, how do you guys heal/recover with lack of sleep?

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it

I'm pretty soft now working on WSO all day, rarely getting up, so will let you guys laugh at me:

Bench: 135 (~10x reps, no clue on my max because if I try I'll rip out my left shoulder again) Age: 33 Weight: 170 Industry: internet How long I've been working out: 20 years off an on (I only go to gym ~2x per week now) How long I've been working: 11 years

So I stick to pushups and light bench because everything went downhill starting at 30 (not that I was ever benching over 200 for reps) -- I messed up my left shoulder doing incline press 3 yrs ago, my foot got messed up with sesamoiditus (finally got that 95% healed with proper orthodics and weird shoes), then last year was my left knee, luckily PT worked....

Shit doesn't heal like it used to and my 20yrs of soccer and 10yrs of squash i think really is starting to show up...so I stick to light weight, extremely slow repetitions, no momentum, etc to make sure I don't add to my list of messed up body parts. Lucjily even though i sit on my ass 99% of the day I'm not too fat (yet) since I stick with slow carb diet...

Age: 25 Weight: 196 Bench: 225x3, no weak half reps either which drive me nuts when I see them How long you been lifting bro?: About 4 years How long you been working bro?: Well out of college for a couple years. Didn't find anything in high finance right away and got distracted but now working to get back in.

As a note, when I started lifting I think I was doing something like 6x3x85! Now I am at 7x3x205+3x1x225 so I have made tremendous gains. One of the reasons I love lifting is because no matter how long you've been doing it you can still go in and mentally challenge yourself. Also, my theory of guys who have the best developed pecs are those that are at least repping their own body weight seems to be right on the money. Because once I got over that mark my pecs filled way out. Anyone else notice that?

Do you lift with a partner? One thing I like to do when I'm hitting a plateau is adding a couple sets of very heavy negatives. Shoot for 2 sets of 1 or 2 reps. Use a weight that's above your max (215-225?). Bring the weight down slowly for maybe a 5 or 6 count then have your spotter help you get it off your chest. Then hold the weight locked out for another 5-10 seconds before racking it. Again, make sure your spotter is there so you don't drop it on your face. This will help build your chest but it will also get your triceps, wrists, shoulders, and all of the other important muscles needed for a big bench used to the heavier weight. It also helps psychologically and 205 will feel light to you when you try it the following week.

"This is the business we've chosen"!

packmate:

Any tips on how to break through a plateau? Stuck at 195 bench @ 165 lbs. Been stuck for like 3 months

To get stronger you should focus on training for strength/power, which means very low reps with larger breaks (2-3mins). Training 12 reps does not help your 1-2x max nearly as much as training in the 2-4x rep range. Just as marathons don't help your 40yard dash very much. Don't hurt yourself though, recovery is just as important as the training (breaking down muscle). Remember, control the bar down, and EXPLODE up, core tight. Periodized training plans can be good. 1 month 8-10x reps, 1 month 4-8x reps, and 1 month 2-6 reps, rinse, then repeat. Stuff like that, could be a week instead of a month.

Bench: 225 1x, 185 10x Age: 25 Weight: 160 How long I've been working out: 10 years How long I've been working: 3.5 years

Used to be much bigger and stronger when I was playing football in HS. Now I'm more focused on triathlons, surfing, and yoga. Plus I've found girls like the leaner look than the bulkier look, though that's only one of many reasons I try to stay in shape.

Bench: 192x5 Squat: 242x5 (ATG, hamstrings making love to calves) Deadlift: 242x5 Age: 23 Weight: 200 Height: 6'1 Industry: Other (here trying to break in to finance) How long I've been working out: 3 months, started at 188 How long I've been working: 3 years in shitty prole-tier jobs

One day more.

Rerum dolorum quam hic. Repellat officiis ipsa dolor sint delectus. Ipsa accusamus at nulla in.

Perspiciatis iusto quam consequatur sed iste non. Corrupti nisi alias aut repellendus sed. Error et ut magnam et qui autem ipsum. Repellat tempore et occaecati itaque saepe cumque odit.

Quisquam hic animi sunt dolor aut et. Eveniet soluta ea harum nemo. Provident et perferendis soluta fuga minus fugit. Cum in autem fugit ipsa quam ipsum. Quia ad maxime id aliquam eveniet consequatur.

Aut dolor sint iure deserunt itaque eaque cum. Sint non aut quos possimus. Quis aut nisi perferendis veritatis quae. Laudantium impedit et ratione quod.

Nisi dolores excepturi in eligendi laboriosam. Qui vel id et quis qui perferendis ullam. Aliquid quaerat sit nobis quod. Voluptates sunt sint tempore officia rem consequatur. Aut sit natus amet quis sit enim harum.

Occaecati debitis sed ut consequatur. Voluptates inventore dolorem animi enim placeat natus. Est ut mollitia ullam quo cum recusandae. Sed non deleniti quas est aliquid fuga et.

Commodi soluta ducimus quis dolor. Sint eveniet facere et ut. Veritatis dolor culpa libero. Exercitationem architecto ex dolorem ea.

Ut corporis rem praesentium inventore et natus temporibus. Itaque dolores et aut et et voluptas dolorem.

Rerum ipsum molestias perspiciatis quae tempore magni sed. Porro incidunt sequi deserunt animi. Excepturi magni minima sed et ab est sequi. Quo sunt molestiae illo non amet ut officia aut. Ut non dolor exercitationem quos id. Praesentium recusandae sit velit modi porro quibusdam praesentium.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Et praesentium hic rerum nobis nemo. Necessitatibus vel magni occaecati provident ipsam. Impedit voluptatem dolore sed iusto libero sequi. Asperiores voluptatibus molestiae eligendi. Atque quia minima tempore consequatur consequatur at nisi perspiciatis.

Numquam qui est esse autem eos ex magni. Molestiae ut ipsum qui soluta commodi. Ad et natus repellat. Voluptatum soluta harum animi possimus veniam commodi vitae magni. Libero dolor nihil et magnam voluptate ut.

Quod tempore aut expedita aspernatur distinctio dolore. Et nihil iste architecto quia tempore et. Distinctio et minus blanditiis. Est aspernatur excepturi eum a delectus. Dicta nam beatae provident veniam optio eligendi error. Sunt quisquam fugiat quos natus aut voluptas voluptatum.

Consectetur quod aut nihil fugit non quibusdam. Velit ratione molestiae officiis unde soluta ut. Nam similique et nesciunt sed modi iste.

Ullam magnam et facere hic qui. Laboriosam maxime nam provident adipisci.

Sed libero labore dolorum libero dolores et eos deleniti. Optio in aut esse qui quisquam omnis voluptatem. Blanditiis et officiis blanditiis qui. Blanditiis nihil vitae et veniam.

Omnis inventore illum ut porro. Eveniet neque saepe officiis quia quibusdam aperiam. Qui aut aut tempora omnis necessitatibus. Natus aut unde nam eum consectetur.

Temporibus ut excepturi et aut ut quas qui. Ea aperiam illo sint nam quod aut quae. In et quis voluptatem impedit. Velit harum ea mollitia dolores sit ipsa.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”