I have been offered an Internship withLondon in M&A for the summer. I like following several sectors and I wanted to know if anyone was aware of which groups are growing right now and which would be best to experience for 10 weeks.
Business Services and Transport
Resources and Energy
- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot...
- I am graduating next month with a degree in Finance, from a non-target school. I'm extremely interested in joining an FLDP program, but am running into some serious barriers. The main barriers being...
- Hey Wall Street oasis, I've known about your guys' site for like 5-6 years but this is my first time posting and making a serious thread. Basically I want to be a banker, I want to get through...
- The Purchase Marriott International, one of the world's largest hoteliers, agreed to acquire Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. for $12.2 billion. To be precise, Marriott is going to shell...
- Hi All, Do you think there are risks joining a LevFin team as an Analyst 1 in the current climate - e.g. interest rate rises, volatility - for MM shop in London? I have seen some deals pulled and low...
- Hello, My resume is terrible at the moment. I decided to major in Finance the year I was supposed to graduate (undergrad), so I am taking an extra year. I don't have much relevant experience besides...
- Does anyone know anything about the Advisory Board Company? How is it perceived; what are the exit opp and b-school placement?
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is no longer the same old company as we might remember it, well at least not all of it! After 76 years HP has put an end to an era where it was a single tech company and has...
- we are one of the best movers and packers in pune
- Anyone have experience with summer internships for banks? I'm a first year at a non-target and plan on cold-calling and cold-emailing in the next 2 weeks after finals. I've heard PWM is a good start...
- Things to Read While Pretending to Work is a weekly column compiling interesting and useful articles from across the interwebs. It's designed to be a mental break from work, while also giving you...
- Regarding Minneapolis... A lot of people's concerns is the weather. I actually don't like hot weather (although I know it gets hot in the summer) and would be dying in the Southwest heat. I love...
- Hello! I am a junior in college, currently applying for Summer 2016 analyst positions. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could review my resume and let me know how I can improve it! Thanks!
- Hey guys, so through some extensive networking I will be getting an IB internship at a BB in London, right after HS. I would have a pretty big chance getting a job there once I graduated university (...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1179