- Staind
- Vertical Horizon
- Linkin Park
- Puddle of Mudd
- Nirvana
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Lenny Kravitz
Etc.
Every time I just lay back and listen to any of the above I have an eargasm.

Post your favorite 90's bands and songs!

Are we soul mates? Among my favorite are Staind, Vertical Horizon, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, and Nirvana.

In addition, Green Day, Blink-182, Avril Lavgine, Good Charlotte, The Offspring, Michelle Branch, New Found Glory, SR-71, Evanescence, Cold Play, Sum 41, and Simple Plan, among others.

DCDepository:

Are we soul mates? Among my favorite are Staind, Vertical Horizon, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, and Nirvana.

In addition, Green Day, Blink-182, Avril Lavgine, Good Charlotte, The Offspring, Michelle Branch, New Found Glory, SR-71, Evanescence, Cold Play, Sum 41, and Simple Plan, among others.

Someone else isn't afraid to claim their liking of Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch, this is the best. Of course Sum 41, Simple Plan, All American Rejects, other angsty bands were the best.

This made me realize how much I miss the early 2000s. God damnit.

DCDepository:

So many feels.. I listened to every single one o those bands growing up as a 90s kid!!

<span class=keyword_link><a href=/resources/skills/economics/marginal-benefit>Marginal Benefit</a></span>:

RHCP is one of my favorites of all time, but I like the 80's as a whole better

Idk why, but 80's music and fashion IN GENERAL seems Uber tacky to me, haha. Everything was so over-the-top, to the point of reaching tryhard status. The best thing about the 90's was that it was so chill, grunge was laid back, raw, and unpretentious. I also love how the rock during that time featured dissonant harmonious and distorted chords.

Two exceptions to my general distate for 80s music are Duran Duran and Tears for Fears. Love them even though they were both before my time.

DCDepository:

Oh yeah, Eminem. His music took the late 1990s and early 2000s by absolute storm. Not a fan of rap in general, but who wasn't a fan of Eminem (even if secretly?). The guy is pure talent.

Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

adapt or die:
DCDepository:

Oh yeah, Eminem. His music took the late 1990s and early 2000s by absolute storm. Not a fan of rap in general, but who wasn't a fan of Eminem (even if secretly?). The guy is pure talent.

Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

Brand New Day gives me nostalgia :D

I am feeling this thread so hard.

Sum 41, Sugar Ray, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, The Wallflowers, Spin Doctors, Third Eye Blind, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Train, Five for Fighting, Bowling for Soup, old Kayne, Oasis, Uncle Kracker, Counting Crows, John Mayer, Relient K, Fort Minor, Chumbawumba, Moby, Outkast, Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, Matchbox Twenty, Yellowcard, Lifehouse, and so many more

By far my favorite period for music. I'm so amped right now.

"My name's Ralph Cox, and I'm from where ever's not gonna get me hit"

FeedMeDealFlow:

Sum 41, Sugar Ray, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, The Wallflowers, Spin Doctors, Third Eye Blind, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Train, Five for Fighting, Bowling for Soup, old Kayne, Oasis, Uncle Kracker, Counting Crows, John Mayer, Relient K, Fort Minor, Chumbawumba, Moby, Outkast, Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, Matchbox Twenty, Yellowcard, Lifehouse, and so many more

Dude, Yessss!!! Love Coldplay, Train, Relient K, etc. Did you by any chance listen to to DC Talk, too?

YourFutureBoss:
FeedMeDealFlow:

Dude, Yessss!!! Love Coldplay, Train, Relient K, etc. Did you by any chance listen to to DC Talk, too?

Ha! Like 3 DC Talk songs are in my iPhone right now.

I graduated high school in '93 so the grunge stuff really reminds me of those HS days: Nirvana, Sound Garden, STP, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Hole, L7 and so many more. We had teenage angst, we were showing our disgust towards the world, we weren't going to do the same thing as the previous generation(s) and no one understood Gen X. Now we're old and no one can pin down Millennials. It's all happened before gents...

Rap was also cool: early '90's 1st gen gangsta rap with NWA then Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop, Ice-T then going into Biggie, Tupac, Wu-Tang, Tribe, etc.

I haven't seen Jane's Addiction on this thread. Perry Farrell was the man in the early 90's when Lollapalooza was actually edgy and cool. Download Ritual-I don't think there's a bad song.

Dingdong08:

Rap was also cool: early '90's 1st gen gangsta rap with NWA then Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop, Ice-T then going into Biggie, Tupac, Wu-Tang, Tribe, etc.

This. I would also add Too Short, Eazy-E, Bone Thugs n' Harmony, the Geto Boyz, and Warren G.

Also, how the fuck did nobody mention Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, or Stone Temple Pilot yet? Siamese Dream is possibly the greatest album ever.

DickFuld:
Dingdong08:

This. I would also add Too Short, Eazy-E, Bone Thugs n' Harmony, the Geto Boyz, and Warren G.

Also, how the did nobody mention Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, or Stone Temple Pilot yet? Siamese Dream is possibly the greatest album ever.

Pearl Jam... Knew I forgot one, lol

DickFuld:
Dingdong08:

Also, how the fuck did nobody mention Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, or Stone Temple Pilot yet? Siamese Dream is possibly the greatest album ever.

I missed Pearl Jam and the Pumpkins somehow, though STP I got.

And I was trying to figure out Warren G but could not remember his name for the life of me.

I find this thread interesting though. When I was young in the 80's, the late 50's/early 60's were cool (think about the return of doowop and movies like Grease). When I was a teen in the early 90's, the late 60's/early 70's were cool-I listened to more Doors, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc than most then modern stuff. When I was a young adult in the late 90's/early 00's, the 70's disco and early 80's were cool. I've thought this for a while but there seems to be a +/-5 on ~20 where older teens to 30 year olds like the music of those time periods. It's not a critique because I did it and I think it's good because it keeps music from those times alive but I think it's interesting.

Dingdong08:

I graduated high school in '93 so the grunge stuff really reminds me of those HS days: Nirvana, Sound Garden, STP, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Hole, L7 and so many more. We had teenage angst, we were showing our disgust towards the world, we weren't going to do the same thing as the previous generation(s) and no one understood Gen X. Now we're old and no one can pin down Millennials. It's all happened before gents...

I haven't seen Jane's Addiction on this thread. Perry Farrell was the man in the early 90's when Lollapalooza was actually edgy and cool. Download Ritual-I don't think there's a bad song.

Fellow '93 high school graduate here.

Jane's Addiction, Ministry, some middle class white kid Dead Kennedys & Ramones, Big Black.

I discovered chemicals and chemical beats at the end of the '90s.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, post threads about how to do it on WSO.

SSits:
Dingdong08:

Fellow '93 high school graduate here.

Jane's Addiction, Ministry, some middle class white kid Dead Kennedys & Ramones, Big Black.

I discovered chemicals and chemical beats at the end of the '90s.

Jane's Three Days thrown on a cd loop with a hit of acid could take up a good 12 hours. As a matter of fact, it did for me, a few times...

I wanted to throw some punk in but I feel like that was a 70's/80's thing that degenerate white middle class kids like us were fans of. I was a Dead Milkmen fan myself.

Wish I had enough posts to post youtube vids :/

P.S. For those of you who mentioned Avril Lavigne, I concur... Her cover of Nickelback's "Remind Me" is actually really good :) "I'm with You" and "Losing Grip" are favorites as well! Too bad her new stuff is total crap

Tool, Slipknot, Disturbed, Rammstein, Korn, Drowning Pool and I really liked the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack. Limp Bizkit is shit... but even they had a couple of good albums at the time. Pretty much all the bands listed by OP as well.

I suspect piracy has killed any chance for quality bands to succeed, which is why we're not seeing the same quality any more.

I would... but the truth is I can't sell my soul to myself... http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blackknight.asp

Smashing Pumpkins are the GOAT. Foo Fighters, Third Eye Blind, Marcy Playground, Oasis, Blink 182, Queens of the Stone Age, Green Day, Weezer.

Basically anything that was on Q101 Chicago.

This to all my hatin' folks seeing me getting guac right now..

when I saw linkin park in the header, I nearly cringed, but this thread recovered nicely.

for me, it's like this:

3eb, hootie, 311, incubus, rhcp all classics. but I got really into punk rock in the mid/late 90s. pretty much loved every fat wreck & epitaph artist, particularly nofx, lagwagon, bad religion, pennywise, rbf, rancid, strung out, swingin utters, etc etc etc. also couldn't help but like the pop punk stuff like blink, green day, nfg.

early 2000s I really started getting into metal, gothenburg style as well as classic thrash (metallica & megadeth) and of course nwobhm stuff, mostly maiden.

beyond that, of course rap, loved the game, dre, snoop, pac, biggie, etc.

after writing this out, I realized my musical tastes directly coincided with what was on skate videos I was watching at the time. I was big into skateboarding up until high school, so I pretty much got all of my tastes from that, funny how that works.

Ahhh I love this Thread! Anybody remember that Canadian channel Munch Music/Fuse? The 1st time I heard Franz Ferdinand, Taking Back Sunday, Muse, etc. Such good times for early 2000's Emo/Screamo/Alternative Warp Tour high school stuff. I'll add Grateful Dead and Widespread Panic to the list....

Greed is Good!

How did this thread get so far without mentioning Refused, AFI, Bad Religion, NOFX, Fu Manchu, Papa Roach or Millencolin? The soundtrack to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 was pretty much my life in the '90s.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Qui similique doloribus impedit voluptatem iusto omnis. Consequuntur molestiae sapiente ut fugiat dolor et veniam. Neque totam vel totam quo et. Recusandae quo molestiae aut ut.

Et quasi ratione provident fuga est. Veniam commodi natus fuga odio ratione. Rem perferendis velit iste mollitia sit aut dolore. Deleniti dolores inventore officia a quia ut. Nemo ea magni expedita molestiae est. Et neque corrupti aut doloribus cupiditate nihil.

Deleniti aut et ratione accusantium. Cupiditate dolorem explicabo porro optio id illum. Est optio distinctio voluptas iure et. Quod hic mollitia suscipit ullam doloremque et. Sapiente vel voluptatibus fugit perferendis.

Get busy living

Alias explicabo quia velit. Inventore in fugit perspiciatis placeat. Vitae dicta commodi inventore dolorem distinctio. Aliquam maxime inventore quaerat dolores quisquam.

Eos ut minus eum quisquam architecto dolor ea. Vel qui in labore. Modi atque error deserunt. Est non veniam ut id molestias incidunt.

Aut dolores odit aliquid praesentium voluptas optio. Sit cum non eum. Repudiandae consequatur iste perferendis placeat rerum.

Sunt est perspiciatis omnis placeat natus est. Quisquam magnam distinctio non quas amet eos tempore modi. Molestiae aspernatur voluptatem dolores dicta. Tempora expedita assumenda rerum est hic reiciendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (198) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”