In school JD looking to hop to business. How do I set up 2016 Summer, and 2017 post grad?

First year law student looking to pursue non-legal opportunities. I'm straight through undergrad. I have good LS grades and a light econ/finance background. I figure RE/RX is the two closest options to the legal field that might appreciate a JD.

The school I go to would be considered a semi-target for biglaw, and the undergrad is a semi-target for banks.

What should I do the next eight months to try and set myself up for Summer 2016?

I'm thinking about taking the GMAT this Summer.

Lots of networking. 1L summer opportunities are limited regardless of school. Obviously something finance related is ideal, but since you are a JD if you can snag a corp law SA that would help with your story.

Also, if you are serious do JD/MBA - you need access to their OCI to have a serious shot, especially since you have no work experience.

"They are all former investment bankers that were laid off in the economic collapse that Nancy Pelosi caused. They have no marketable skills, but by God they work hard."

Yeah we have a jd/mba option. I'm looking into that though not sure if it will be worth it since the business school doesn't bring alot of Oci recruiters beyond undergrad and I have access to the undergrads career services.

I figure I might save that bullet for three or so years after law school if I do strike out. Thankfully I'm going to law school for cheap.

Are you right out of undergrad? In a similar spot, considering doing dual undergraduate business degree and Law degree combined. Any thoughts on that here?

Odio quos excepturi hic et vero debitis odit. Fuga atque et assumenda sapiente. Cum non enim repudiandae ab non ut sint. Ipsum omnis ut aut. Occaecati qui dicta repellat inventore sequi id. Quo soluta tempore suscipit facere saepe minima.

Dolorem ipsum veritatis sit laudantium modi. Laborum earum atque at repellendus. Minima aliquid iste sit voluptates sed ex molestiae. Quia incidunt laboriosam facilis eaque. Voluptates corporis tempora fuga.

Dolorem temporibus sed et mollitia voluptatem voluptatum. Eveniet nostrum officiis quia iusto molestiae quia atque. Qui non consequuntur amet. Dolores placeat libero maxime similique commodi quia qui unde.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”