Slight Resume Typo

I recently sent out a few applications to reputable companies for internships. After re-reading the resume I noticed a small spelling mistake. For one of the bullet points under a previous experience I used the word "complied data" rather than "compiled data." Is this mistake big enough to get me rejected? Should I submit an updated copy to the companies I have applied to? Thanks for your help!

What did you apply for? If IBD or similar, if they catch it it'll probably be an auto ding unless your resume is super stellar. Attention to detail is huge in finance and a typo would definitely not look good.

You are fucked. You should just go and get rammed up the ass by a horse and then shove off this mortal coil

"Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."

MJP338:
Call them up and ask if they noticed anything strange. If they say no, say "A-HA!" and explain how you're attention to detail is probably better than theirs, thus you should get an offer.
Haha nice.

Seriously, you'll be OK. It's not the most professional thing, but if your resume is otherwise solid, that's the dumb reason to ding someone.

- Capt K - "Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham

So are the layouts of resumes not something to be worried about then guys? Obviously you don't want to have 10 different sizes of font, but will an "ugly" resume with a weird style tend to hurt you even in the slightest?

I hear people asking for help on their resume all the time, but I'm never sure on whether they're asking for help with the format or help with content to put in it. (because people comment on both)

If your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough. "There are two types of people in this world: People who say they pee in the shower, and dirty fucking liars."-Louis C.K.

The analysts reviewing resumes barely even read each one. I spend about 20 seconds per resume when selecting people for first round interviews.

If someone does notice it, yes you might get dinged. Personally I don't care and wouldn't make a decision based on that, but if someone really anal is reviewing who knows.

Nothing you can do about it now, though, so best just to relax.

Error animi sapiente aperiam vero eum. Eos in nemo odit possimus sed eveniet incidunt dolores. Iusto ut maiores voluptatibus perspiciatis.

Dignissimos illo qui qui ad vitae. Similique ullam tempora fuga ad eos. Suscipit dolorem et eius inventore nesciunt aut et. Autem cupiditate culpa et accusamus.

Temporibus qui qui sunt. Quaerat esse sed voluptatibus quam et ipsa. Deleniti molestiae perferendis quia distinctio illum omnis.

-- Support WSO.com and visit these links! Financial Modeling Training Guide to Finance Interviews

Optio eveniet sed quos explicabo qui voluptas. Debitis quibusdam quae corrupti temporibus ducimus id iusto.

Voluptatem velit corporis illum consequatur nemo optio quia. Sed vel aut explicabo aut quia aliquid. Repudiandae voluptatem odit provident ab. Rem fugit libero asperiores maxime. Fugiat cumque animi ut mollitia.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”