JCP was fine about a week ago. That big savings is gone, a ship is gonna bob several times before it sinks.

If you really want to gamble, buy some weekly OTM calls/puts on some stock that has earnings coming up. If you get it right, you could be looking at a 1000% gain. Wrong and you just lose all the money.

You might have issues with buying options with only 1k in your account. Most brokerages won't deal with you due to liability issues.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Best Response

Listen to Jim Cramer, he knows what he's talking about. /sarc

Honestly, if you don't know technical analysis, don't know how to use a stock screener, you should probably just go play online poker. I can tell you good stocks to look out for, but I'm not going to call a trade. If you buy/sell a "good" stock at the wrong time, you could easily lose.

I've made calls here before, nobody seems to care. Do you have a 20 minutes to look through all the charts of biotech stocks (200 stocks)? Another hour to do research on why prices are up/down a lot.

I don't see much at all that looks great now. Buy into NFLX and TSLA, sure, great idea - very little downside. Everyone said the same when AAPL was at $500, 600, 700 last year. Analysts were putting out a $1,000 target! AAPL is now one of the most undervalued stocks, and still has one of the largest market caps. If you're eager to lose, do it anytime. If you want to make a few pesos, turn down the first 2 or 3 good opportunities you think you see until you find something better.

If you must be spoonfed, watch ENZY. It's a big bubble but there's a ton of volatility, so maybe you'll be able to ride the wave if it keeps going, or jump in after it crashes AND after it starts the bounce back up. But that's more of a day-trade. You could also try to bottom-fish but it's pretty easy to get wiped out, trying to guess the bottom.

heister:

You might have issues with buying options with only 1k in your account. Most brokerages won't deal with you due to liability issues.

I might've needed a $2,000 minimum to get the ability to trade calls and puts (only going long, of course). After that, there was no minimum balance needed. So, OP could just funnel in his rent money, keep it there a week until everything goes through, then take out that other $1k. You're not shorting puts or calls unless you have $25k probably.

Lol. C'mon guys this thread actually has potential. There are tons of fun stocks you could gamble on. Long crox, jcp, netsuite, twitter, maybe short tsla or netsuite. You could also try doing some research and betting in the opposite direction you think the stock will go.

I'm not a big options fan even as a gamble it seems dumb. Anyways good luck i guess. Also dont trade your gamble, buy and hold your gamble for real fun.

Quaerat voluptas quis aut et ut quia. Quibusdam facilis eaque totam tempora nostrum. Est placeat ipsa enim consequatur molestias placeat.

Saepe vel qui porro ex eos qui assumenda. Eum et animi facilis labore sint quo a et.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”