MBA ASSOCIATE I-BANKING VS S&T
Hi Fellow Wall Streeter's,
I will be attending G-town MBA this fall and am considering S+T or I-banking. I am not really interested in M&A so if I were to pursue banking I think I would look for a DCM or Equity Capital Markets role, which I'm told sits on trading floor ? (I don't want to sit in a cubicle, it's too boring.)
1. Does anyone know what kind of pay DCM and Equity Capital Markets makes at a BB ?
2. Are the hours as treacherous as M&A ?
3. Also, will I gain valuation skills that are transferable to the buy-side ?
4. What BB is most desirable for this ? (I'm assuming this is GS)
With that said my background is S+T, as I worked as a TA prior to b-school. Therefore, I am leaning more towards S+T specifically commodities but I'm concerned about gaining a transferable skill-set so I will have more options down the road to move to buy side.
1.What shops have the best S+T commodity programs ?
2. How does Associate S+T pay compare with DCM and Equity Cap ?
Apologies for all the questions just trying to get focused, so I can land the best associate internship next summer.