MBA Hires - 2011

http://poetsandquants.com/2011/11/16/McKinsey-doubles-mba-hires-at-duke-haas/

This article includes some links to the top companies in financial services, consulting, tech, and consumer products, and the number of business schools who reported hires to these companies.

I was surprised by Wharton's strong presence in tech, sending more MBA grads to Google and Amazon than any other school, considering its reputation as a finance-oriented school.

Thoughts?

No, the data isn't complete. It uses data released by the schools from the firms who hire the most students. Thus, schools sending one or two kids off to a company aren't included in the dataset as of this time. The data is conservative and is used to show the big relationships between certain companies and certain schools.

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

one word: diversification..you can't constantly focus on placing into financial services given the state of the market and short term recovery..these schools need to maintain their graduation employment rates..look at booth too..it's ramped up marketing and is placing more into product manager/brand manager roles..kellogg's actually done a pretty decent job in diversifying, though is still consulting/marketing/finance core heavy..but they're trying to diversify across those core 3 too

shorttheworld:
tuck hired 4 GS people while tuck is 1/3 the size of some of the other schools.. lol

wow actually tuck crushed a lot of these other schools on hiring ratios. jesus. im glad i sent my app in now lol

and that's because the tuck numbers aren't even complete..i know people at the school and I can tell you for a fact that companies that have blanks for Tuck have actually sent at the minimum 3+ people

shorttheworld:
tuck hired 4 GS people while tuck is 1/3 the size of some of the other schools.. lol

wow actually tuck crushed a lot of these other schools on hiring ratios. jesus. im glad i sent my app in now lol

Did you use "lol" in place of actual punctuation throughout your essays? If so, you're a fucking lock.

Yeah, definitely take these numbers with a grain of salt. I got a list of schools that WFs hired associates from in 2011 and there are some 'gaps'. The list shows they hired someone from every school listed except Kellogg and Tuck. The list came from a buddy at WF who got if from HR.

Regards

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Yah, just to be clear, the data is from schools which reported the top ten companies to hire from that particular school. So places taking only a handful of candidates aren't represented. Still, it is useful to see the which schools are the biggest feeders to some of the biggest companies.

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

shorttheworld:
no i know i wasnt bashing on tuck at all just more so impressed.. ive heard from all the people at the school things like 'goldman sends8 people to talk at tuck and 5 people show up to talk to them' or other various things but overall ive heard you are VERY hands on with everyone and everything that happens at the school.

just adding to your comment..no worries

Omnis omnis fuga id provident inventore ut harum. Et laboriosam quia odio ducimus consequatur. Maxime quae qui in voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”