McKinsey PST practice tests

Hello Folks,

I will soon be taking the McKinsey PST, and I am having trouble finding practice tests.
I have ofcourse found the McKinsey ones and 1 other one but would really appreciate if someone could help me with a few more practice tests.

Thanks in advance!

Hi OSH1234, just because I'm a bot doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I'm hoping these links are helpful. If not, feel free to throw monkey shit at me...

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I recently passed the PST and I found that 2 general things you need to do well. First is the ability to take tests quickly. You have to do the test under time pressure, sometimes PST test is called as a time test. Therefore, I would recommend you to practice math to drill speed. Second is the ability to think logically. It takes time to improve. Don’t worry. With my own experience, I think that it’s just all about practicing. The best way is practice practice and practice. Practice will make you success. Truly, I got 10 out of 26 wrong at PST at my first try with the sample test. However, I realized that it did not mean that I didn’t have enough capacity to pass the test. I just did not find the right method and good resources. After that, I found some resources to practice, one of the best website I want to recommend for you is MConsultingPrep. Their tests are very similar to the real test I took. Beside that, they also had a good methodology to crack the types of questions in PST. I did each test more than twice. And now, I think what I did was just to find the right resources and practice. It worked! Hope it work for you also!

The PST is a time test which requires the association of problem-solving skills and arithmetic skills followed an excellent time-managing ability. The unique aspect of the test is that it forces you to focus on the vital factors and there are so many techniques you have to master in a short time. Bear in mind that it's very easy to get caught up in the moment with a question - you feel like you've invested a lot of time thinking about a particular one and wonder if you have to skip this question. You need rigorously plan to approach each question type in given time. You can focus on areas where you are naturally good and try to get better. There are helpful resources on the internet that you can take a look. There also is prepping effort you can put and it’s more about developing a strategy to ensure you don't lose against time.

Hi SamuelG, don't worry, the WSO Monkey Bot is here.... I'm hoping one of these links will help find your answer:

• One week to prepare for McKinsey interview interview with McKinsey next week (Thursday). Coming from a non-target, I was not expecting to get this far ... (especially with the way my PST went..) but I was successful in getting a call for an interview for the BA ... What can I do in the next 7 days to get to a decent level that will allow me to progress to the next ...
  • Just passed the 7, 66 next week Regardless, one of the senior brokers told me to just go ahead and schedule an exam for two weeks from that ... a pass/fail exam. Going into the 66 next Monday, the 29th of February. Hoping the leap day can help me out ... scoring low 70's on all my practice exams...I guess I wasn't able to fog a mirror...lol. ...
  • Problem Solving Test experience for McKinsey Hi guys, I applied for McKinsey and they told me to take the test next week. I've gotten ... test? Thanks a lot! PST Mckinsey ...
  • McKinsey application process for it or not, but all I did was take the practice exam on the McKinsey site and then proceed to the ... affectionally call the storytelling. Round 3 I spent the next two weeks doing more of the same preparation. More ... for an associate summer internship at McKinsey and thought I would share my experiences and thoughts ...
  • McKinsey Problem Solving Test interview along with a problem solving test next week. I was wondering what the best way to prepare for this ... I managed to work my way into getting a interview at McKinsey. I've been scheduled an ... is. Any sites I should know? Are there sample tests around somewhere? Thanks! test interview McKinsey ...
  • Turned my live $4000 account to $44,000+ in 4 weeks...What is next? years taught me a thing or two. But what is next? is the question. I am wanting to go big with ...
  • McKinsey PST practice tests Hello Folks, I will soon be taking the McKinsey PST, and I am having trouble finding practice ... could help me with a few more practice tests. Thanks in advance! Mckinsey PST ... tests. I have ofcourse found the McKinsey ones and 1 other one but would really appreciate if someone ...
  • More suggestions...

If we're lucky, maybe I can guilt some users to help you out: tvocale Chi_001 Pete-Salas

Best Response

McKinsey PST is a preliminary test conducted before first case interview which is used to evaluate a candidate's analytical and quantitative ability. From what I have collected, it is primarily a math and logic test, take root the real case in consulting firms and you should sharpen both your analytical skills and arithmetic skills to pass that test. I haven't paid for those materials but I prefer to go for MConsultingPrep Dot com and Igotanoffer whose tests are very similar to one that McKinsey have and very comprehensive through their customer feedbacks. You can also practice GMAT to enhance your skills and try the real test of McKinsey from their official website. Hope it can help you.

The most challenging part of PST is time pressure. You only have about 2.5 minutes for a question, and some of them require a lot of reading or computing or both. Thus, you need to find yourself a consistent strategy to read and solve the questions and practice those methods until you master them. The ideas of grouping questions and techniques of MCPrep are good, but you also need to find some the specifically applicable to your mental process as well. After taking the first 2 tests, I also realized I was bad at Word-problem and Verbal questions at first like you, so I bought their practices in those questions type for extra practice. Some of the tips I find: - Underline keyword of verbal question, especially the word "NOT" and keep them in mind - Check and read only the paragraphs that hold the keyword when answer the question at hand, so that you don't get distracted. - Only when the context doesn't bear any clue about a certain keyword that you should make your own guess about how the common meaning of the keyword affect the problem at hand. Good luck

I just passed the PST a few days ago. I used materials from MConsultingPrep, myconsultingcoach, igao and consultingcase101 during my prep. For me, mconsultingprep has the highest quality and replicate the offical tests well. In addition, their breakdown of the test into question types is extremely helpful. I scored over 80% of the offical tests by following that approach. Their customer support is impressive also. They asked me proactively if I needed any help. If you have a tight budget, I believe there is no need to buy other materials. As for myconsultingcoach, their materials are also good, though the language used is not like McKinsey style and there are a few grammatical errors here and there. However, their customer support is slow, it took them 5 days to answer my question. Regarding IGAO, they provide only mock tests without any training guides. Their training videos are not worth the money, just basic concepts and tips that are available free of charge on youtube. their mock tests are numerically challenging and much longer than McKinsey actual tests. The qualitative questions, on the other hand, are not as good as those in mconsultingprep or myconsultingcoach materials. Finally, Consultingcase101 provides no real mock PST test, just an anthology of chart-reading questions with litte context.

Hi sezna, yes, I'm a bot, but I'm also good looking. Hopefully, these threads help you:

• Preparing 300 hours for McKinsey and BCG offer Action # hours Research before starting 40 Case interview 110 General 38 PST 36 LOMS 50 Resume 11 Cover ... to back interviews with other candidates (mostly from preplounge.com) + reading Case in Point (I have ... a couple of other websites articles and emails; * PST: Doing GMAT questions, any PST test I was able to ...
  • More suggestions...

Calling relevant pros to the rescue! Louise-Hockridge Liz-Howell JimTrip4

Architecto aliquid id ut. Iusto est in eum non explicabo quis esse. Commodi qui consequuntur in eos eum.

Qui reiciendis cum dolores distinctio. Et placeat et quia eos unde vitae qui. Consequatur vitae quasi distinctio quos. Perspiciatis aut in rem aperiam eum id. Ad qui dolorem quia quas pariatur. Illo aut et architecto. Neque eos voluptates rerum aliquam alias ut doloribus.

Aut quis praesentium dolorum eum illum asperiores. Dolores dolores consequatur eum facilis suscipit sint.

Libero asperiores reprehenderit omnis et reprehenderit inventore. Fugiat ducimus cumque ut quis illum. Mollitia sunt deleniti soluta dolores at saepe sit.

Saepe praesentium nihil expedita sed alias molestiae. Accusantium ea excepturi magni sunt exercitationem consequatur. Voluptatem nam quia non qui aspernatur iste.

Ex at ea quia atque alias. Impedit aperiam est corrupti illo. Provident sed fuga assumenda doloribus amet accusamus. Minima et atque nesciunt in deserunt modi qui libero.

Nihil sequi et est molestias ratione voluptatum voluptatem. Ipsa velit aut praesentium possimus officiis. Debitis ea facilis laudantium repudiandae similique sit et. Nam ullam consequatur omnis eos omnis sequi adipisci.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (99) $225
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (549) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”