- Throughout my career I was constantly reminded of how little I knew. When I interviewed for the job at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs" target="_blank">Goldman Sachs</a></span>, as...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): #TBT Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted in 2006. To see all of our top content from the past, click <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/highest-ranked-discussions">here.</a></em> So I'm new here and spent a good deal...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- <em>Post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer!</em> There doesn't seem to be much information on this website regarding this niche role so I'd like to just expand on this and hopefully future readers can gain insight on this function. I...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- Hello all, I was suddenly grabbed by an idea to write down the lessons I learned from the ten interviews across seven different positions and 6 different companies I attended in the past 2.5 months on the road to my first job out of university. I started brainstorming in rough chronological...
- <p>I worked as a management consultant for 4 years.</p> <p>I learned a bunch of stuff about business and strategy and operations.</p> <p>I also learned how to sound smart about something I knew nothing about, and how to use jargon to make simple things sound...
- A week ago, I began my series of posts on the drug business, starting with <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/divergence-in-the-drug-businesses-pharmaceuticals-and-biotechnology">my perspective on how the business is changing</a> and then moving on to post on...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- Hewlett Packard (HP) is no longer the same old company as we might remember it, well at least not all of it! After 76 years HP has put an end to an era where it was a single tech company and has...
- Looking for perspectives from individuals that have worked in the industry.
- Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I currently work as a research analyst in the securitized products group of a large asset manager, but I'm also in the interview...
- Good evening, I just recently got myself a MacBook after my last HP has died. I've seen some older posts on the topic but was hoping for a more recent update. Is there a way to get the actual...
- Hey guys and gals, I'm currently at a top BB. I really want to break into F500 strategy, or Consulting. My ultimate goal would be to work in Tech strategy. I do want to get an M7 MBA, preferably at...
- Hey WSO, I'm going to be selecting an industry soon and I'm curious if anyone on the board has any experience in the automotive industry within Big 4? Thanks.
- Anyone familiar with Grosvenor in chicago? I know it's a FOF but am wondering what kinds of career paths stem from working there as an analyst.
- Anyone familiar with the firm? Was recently offered a SA position and am wondering what options are after becoming a FT analyst (the chicago office)
- Hi guys, I have been invited to a DRW final round interview in London for trading analyst. I realise there are a fair few people on here who have been through this process. So I have some questions....
- With the long hours, whether it be Tony Robbins or Bloomberg, how much time do you spend brushing up on your own knowledge each week for self improvement?
- With many of the BBs reporting declines and missed revenues in their markets-focused businesses, decreases in headcount, pay, and promotions will certainly follow. This is bound to start immediately...
- Hi Everyone, I'm currently working in accounting, but have been looking to go into Investment Banking now after realizing that my current field isn't for me and that the opportunities I'll get from...
- Was curious if anyone was familiar with their Real Estate Finance Program. Not much has been updated on them in the forums and curious to hear any current opinions on them or any insight to the...
- Interesting writeup from bloomberg about a ex-GS banker who is currently in a Colombian Prison while he awaits his trial on securities fraud.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-20/... As...
- I had a superday on Nov 20th and was told they were holding superdays on the 23rd, 24th as well. They would get back to me before thanksgiving break. I emailed them before thanksgiving and haven't...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1230