MSF / Specialized Masters Class of 2017 Q&A

While I have time, I'd like to share my opinions or relevant facts about MSF, or MSc Finance program in the U.S. I also have friends who were in MAcc, MSc Marketing, and hopefully I can share whatever I can find. I was in a top (not MIT) MSF program. I'm grateful of my MSF, but now I'm with another MBA school.

I have no incentives or affiliations that would encourage me to speak favorably to any program, unlike some other gurus that members have found to promote some programs for the wrong reasons - that's why you see ridiculous monkey shit on my thread when I'm donating my free time for just social good.

This is not a profile evaluation - which I will ignore. check my previous WSO front page"MSF vs. MBA" thread for those general advice for your self-evaluation. MSc applications requires a lot of research, and if you got accepted with handholding, chances are you'll waste your $$ and time for the demanding, ultra-fast-paced business Master's. You ought to think thoroughly, and then I'm there to help you solve that tough question out there.

Unless you've been a total superstar, Opportunity cost of MSc is usually $65,000 or more. Without MSc, you save $65k and could earn more $$ and full-time experience, or save $400 per month on loans.

I hope to share my honest opinion for YOU to decide MSc and make YOUR money worth, and for that I will be direct.

Best,

This is a huge and growing feeder for MSFs but, unfortunately, a lot of the programs are behind the curve. I'm working with my organization to set up a direct recruiting channel at select MSF programs. The starting salaries for entry level business valuation roles (associate level) is 65k to 75k and the Big 4 sponsor.

There's a huge opportunity here.

“Elections are a futures market for stolen property”

Dicta iusto voluptatem voluptatem nam eligendi. Nam quos nam tempore veritatis.

Molestiae est velit omnis culpa quidem illum. Quia aut atque asperiores esse modi reiciendis. Dolore aspernatur nulla dolorem quaerat voluptas repellat. Et voluptatibus ducimus odit ut. Voluptatem debitis sunt deserunt rem id.

Corporis alias voluptatibus qui. Ullam impedit perspiciatis error rerum quo. Doloribus consequatur quasi sed sint illum. Numquam nobis et reiciendis sit molestiae ullam eum. Dolores voluptatem iure velit aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”