Nice Watch for around $1500-2000 for Grad Gift

Hello, So my Mom texted me the other day and asked what kind of watch I would like for a grad gift in the $1500-2000 range. I am entering my final year of university in September, so I still have a lot of time but I really want to find the right piece.
Any suggestions?

There are a million factors to consider. 1. Purpose? This really dictates everything else written below. For example, do you want something that is strictly dressy or something that can be both dressy and casual? 2. Theme of watch? Your typical themes would be diver watches (think rolex), dressy watches, racing watches, pilot watches, etc. Have an idea what you like. Most people are generally attracted to diving watches. 3. Strap? This doesn't matter much, but would you want a leather, canvas, metal strap?

1. It would be for work. I work on an oil & gas trading floor and they are pretty casual. Overall tho more on the dressy side I think for myself. I currently wear an 80's citizen with a leather strap which was my grandfathers
  2. I don't really know. I more what to see what I can get in the price range and go from there.
  3. leather or metal

orient star and chris ward make some very nice watches. Also think about if you want a mechanical watch or not. Would you like a skeletal hole or back case so you can see the movement?

Stowa 1938 Chronograph - On the dressy side but with a modern big-face vibe, a poor man's Portuguese chrono with a display caseback. Punches above its weight in looks and a brand that carries some weight with those in the know. Right in your price range. You're welcome.

Breitling used to have time pieces around $2k, but I don't think they do now. If they do, I would recommend that. Otherwise, go for the Baume and Mercier or Tag. They have some excellent time pieces in that price range. Some other alternatives worth considering are Oris and Hamilton. They start out cheaper, but some models can get really expensive. At that price range, the time piece should be Swiss made.

Necessitatibus sit illo ratione. Dolores ab nihil eligendi sunt. Et sed eaque dolores nihil aut commodi voluptatem. Unde deleniti laudantium ut et non.

Rem et sed amet repudiandae. Expedita quidem iusto veniam molestiae est earum. Mollitia sequi esse hic est magni delectus aperiam. Enim expedita omnis laudantium odio.

Est qui et id repudiandae. Eos at eligendi ab veniam quo. Esse vel magnam ad expedita nam ab consequatur.

Similique molestiae est adipisci. Nobis qui animi qui nemo distinctio adipisci. Fuga perferendis officia et laudantium debitis perspiciatis. Corrupti atque corporis omnis in beatae quidem. Labore commodi esse et inventore sunt occaecati. Nemo nulla omnis alias possimus molestiae praesentium.

"Where is Knight?"

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”