Notre Dame MBA for $110,000 or UConn MBA for $25,000

I know the drill -- only Harvard, Wharton or Stamford REALLY help you get into I-banking and of course you'll have SOME chance with another school.

Here's the simple question, though: Would it be worth it to get a Notre Dame (Mendoza) MBA for $110,000 or a UConn MBA for $25,000?

TNA:
Go do the new MS in Business at ND. One year, cheaper. MBA's are soft degrees. Only do it if work pays for it or it is at a top program. I know Wharton people not finding jobs. Don't waste the money.

I respectfully disagree. I know you are all about the one-year programs (MSFs), but I found the MS will cheapen your standing in a pool of candidates.

That being said, that is a ton of debt for ND.

Best Response
peinvestor2012:
TNA:
Go do the new MS in Business at ND. One year, cheaper. MBA's are soft degrees. Only do it if work pays for it or it is at a top program. I know Wharton people not finding jobs. Don't waste the money.

I respectfully disagree. I know you are all about the one-year programs (MSFs), but I found the MS will cheapen your standing in a pool of candidates.

That being said, that is a ton of debt for ND.

I'm not all about MS programs, but if you doing an MBA for the branding, not the education. Since this isn't a top tier MBA I suggested saving half the time and half the cost.

Also, not sure how an MS cheapens standing in a pool of candidates. In my experience (personal and otherwise) I would say it is neutral/beneficial.

If you want to work in Hartford go to UConn, otherwise 100k+ is just too much IMO to spend on ND. I go to a non top MBA program and although I love it and did manage to get a great summer internship lined up, I honestly would be really hesitant to be paying the price tag if I wasn't getting a full ride (don't be too impressed, I got it b/c I'm a Vet). With that said... in the end I think an MBA really is worth what you put into it. If you are serious about school, networking, etc it'll be worth it and can be a great investment but if you think just having MBA on your resume is a game changer in and of it self..well it's not. My advice is know exactly what you want to do post MBA (or at least know the concentration you want), look at the companies that have hired from those MBA programs or search and find alums from those programs and if those companies/ career paths align to what you want to do then it might be worth it. Rankings are great and all but don't go to ND concentrate in Operations when you want to work in Boston doing Finance or vice versa. I went to a lesser ranked school than others I got into b/c it was in the city I wanted and had a good reputation for what I wanted to focus in and it was absolutely the right choice...Remember the endgame of an MBA is to get yourself that job or position you want afterwards, so just make sure where ever you go can help facilitate achieving that goal.

TNA:
Why would you create another, identical post on this topic. Go to neither.

Because I didn't realize that there was a Business School forum until just now.

BTW, did you catch Impact Wrestling last night?

Neque dolorum est sapiente saepe. Ut voluptas voluptatum assumenda enim ab rerum at. Odio aut magnam in at.

Consequuntur aperiam ab ut quia excepturi quis. Est vel illo et qui est officiis. Facilis rerum voluptatem accusantium ut culpa inventore. Nihil voluptatem sed quia dignissimos. Eos sed nihil corporis. Exercitationem sint nostrum ipsum dicta aut dignissimos. Maiores est dolores libero alias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”