Official SA 2010 interview status thread

Hey guys,

Frequent reader here but first time posting. I wanted to make a thread to keep updates on the BB interview status for summer analysts for this year, 2010. By updates, I mean whether you got invited to an interview (1st, 2nd, superday rounds), when your interview date is, whether your school is a target or not, etc.

Personally, I am curious to know about JPM, GS, and BofaML. Greatly appreciate if any of you guys know the situation for these firms.

Thanks

VineyardVines2011:
I go to a semi-target.

First Round:

JP Morgan (London) Goldman Sachs (NY) Citi (London and New York) Morgan Stanley (London)

Second Round: JP Morgan Goldman Sachs Citi (London ... I declined my invitation to Citi New York) Morgan Stanley London

Offers: JP Morgan (London) Goldman Sachs (New York)

... I have yet to go to second rounds at MS and Citi, but at this point I don't care. I have offers from JPM and GS.

Nice. Didn't realise MS and Citi had started non-spring/autumn program participant fast track interviews for London yet though. Infact I was certain Citi had only started S&T summer recruiting. Assuming you're currently on exchange in the UK, were you flown out for the NYC interviews?

mrr2:
OCR already started for you guys? All the banks are doing their recruiting late January at my school.
There's no OCR in the UK. Everyone applies online then interviews are held in the firms' London offices.

Brown_Bateman:
VineyardVines2011:
I go to a semi-target.

First Round:

JP Morgan (London) Goldman Sachs (NY) Citi (London and New York) Morgan Stanley (London)

Second Round: JP Morgan Goldman Sachs Citi (London ... I declined my invitation to Citi New York) Morgan Stanley London

Offers: JP Morgan (London) Goldman Sachs (New York)

... I have yet to go to second rounds at MS and Citi, but at this point I don't care. I have offers from JPM and GS.

Nice. Didn't realise MS and Citi had started non-spring/autumn program participant fast track interviews for London yet though. Infact I was certain Citi had only started S&T summer recruiting. Assuming you're currently on exchange in the UK, were you flown out for the NYC interviews?

mrr2:
OCR already started for you guys? All the banks are doing their recruiting late January at my school.
There's no OCR in the UK. Everyone applies online then interviews are held in the firms' London offices.

Yeah I am abroad in London. The London process is rolling, which kind of sucks because it forces you to do your apps ASAP. Goldman was generous and offered to fly out, hotel, meals, etc ... Citi was not; however, since GS paid, I could have gone to Citi as well. However, I cancelled my interview at Citi because I got called back in the afternoon for final rounds at GS.

Best Response

Non-target applied to:

Piper Jaffray DB UBS Citi Jefferies Blackstone Blackrock Centerview Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley Barcap Nomura Accenture William Blair Moelis Lazard Broadpoint Gleacher Parella Weinberg FTP Credit Suisse Cowen Group Dynamic Credit Partners Morgan Keegan JP Morgan Thomas Weisel Partners Sandler O'Neil Guggenheim Miller Buckfire - Jan Houlihan Lokey RBC Capital Markets D.E Shaw Piper Jaffray

Interviews: Zero

You applied to Piper Jaffray twice? Damn, I guess any publicity is good publicity nowadays.

Yacht_man:
Non-target applied to:

Piper Jaffray DB UBS Citi Jefferies Blackstone Blackrock Centerview Goldman Sachs Morgan Stanley Barcap Nomura Accenture William Blair Moelis Lazard Broadpoint Gleacher Parella Weinberg FTP Credit Suisse Cowen Group Dynamic Credit Partners Morgan Keegan JP Morgan Thomas Weisel Partners Sandler O'Neil Guggenheim Miller Buckfire - Jan Houlihan Lokey RBC Capital Markets D.E Shaw Piper Jaffray

Yacht_man:
Non-target applied to:

Did you only apply online for all of these?

TheHungryOne:
Yacht_man:
Non-target applied to:

Did you only apply online for all of these?

Yep online, I've got contacts at 3 of them but that's it. I applied regular by the way, not accelerated.

Yacht_man:
Non-target applied to:

If you are a non-target and you applied for these online there is NO way that you get an offer, except for Dynamic Credit (I have never heard of). Every kid applies to these, if you are non-target you have to find a way to stand out. An online application is a waste of your time. I went to a non-target and the only way I got interviews was through phone calls and persistence.

And by the way, don't talk to HR...they are fucking worthless....Call senior guys

Boutique Banking:
Yacht_man:
Non-target applied to:

If you are a non-target and you applied for these online there is NO way that you get an offer, except for Dynamic Credit (I have never heard of). Every kid applies to these, if you are non-target you have to find a way to stand out. An online application is a waste of your time. I went to a non-target and the only way I got interviews was through phone calls and persistence.

And by the way, don't talk to HR...they are fucking worthless....Call senior guys

Any suggestions on how to do this? My school has an extremely limited number of alum on the street and no alumni database.

pantherdb26:
Semi Target (Public)

Accelerated Superdays at MS/GS IBD (both NYC)

Offer from GS. MS said we wouldn't hear until January.

Hm... that's weird. Pretty sure you go to my school and I haven't heard anyone getting GS yet... send me a PM will ya?

how do all u apply for accelerated interviews?

on my career drop some banks have the study abroad option but most don't. and if you don't have study abroad can you still apply for accelerated interviews?

Out of curiosity. Do banks actually ever bother to update their online statuses? I get the feeling that all my applications will just be sitting on 'application received' forever.

Yacht_man:
Out of curiosity. Do banks actually ever bother to update their online statuses? I get the feeling that all my applications will just be sitting on 'application received' forever.

They update it regularly in Europe

Yacht_man:

Are you referring to GS? One of mine did actually turn into "Application Under Review" at one point, hah.

This was for fall '09 FT.. it took weeks for the status to update, but much shorter (at most 2 weeks? maybe a few days) for them to contact me for an interview after.

Brown_Bateman:
wkc207:
Just to confirm...anyone here know about JPM and MS IBD SA situation in London? From what I have heard....nothing major yet...

For people who weren't fast tracked from their first year programs, MS have had one AC and not heard about any JPM IBD final rounds. I assume Jan/Feb is when we'll see most of the SA action.

Has MS done some first rounds for London IBD non first year program fast track?

Yacht_man:
What is taking so long. I have been checking my cell phone every 30 minutes for the last 5 days. I just want a damn interview invite!!!11grrr

I understand your feeling man... hate waiting!!

Do you guys know if Barclays are all done with SA recruiting? My app is still bloody saying under review and it's been 4 months. I tried calling them but got fed up after being passed around the office for 20 minutes.

Yacht_man:
Do you guys know if Barclays are all done with SA recruiting? My app is still bloody saying under review and it's been 4 months. I tried calling them but got fed up after being passed around the office for 20 minutes.

They've barely started for IBD. Most of their ACs have been for S&T. Seems like most banks are delaying IBD recruiting till Jan/Feb.

Brown_Bateman:
Any updates for NY SA recruiting?

Rejection from Lazard, that's about it.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcom

I havent heard anything back from any of the BBs. Most of the deadlines have yet to pass so I dont think that we should be too worried. JPM generally starts earlier than most I think.

Blago99:
I havent heard anything back from any of the BBs. Most of the deadlines have yet to pass so I dont think that we should be too worried. JPM generally starts earlier than most I think.

At my school JPM is the last, I think it's in Feb for OCR while most of the other BB have first rounds next week.

BTW, anyone know the status for:

CS S&T Equities CS S&T Fixed Income Goldman Sachs Investment Management Goldman Sachs Securities Morgan Stanley S&T

Has anyone heard back from online apps? I haven't heard shit and it's pissing me off.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcom

coffeebateman:
Has anyone heard back from online apps? I haven't heard shit and it's pissing me off.
of all m y apps, i've never heard back from any online ones and i'm a 3.7+ from a semi-target. so i think it's a waste of time--network... network... network.

I'm starting to get a little worried...I'm very new to recruiting and all the banks are coming to campus the first week of February. I go to a mid-west semi target. It seems like everybody has already started. The 14th was the deadline at my school to submit resumes through career services for the banks preference list. Does this sound extremely late or is this normal for midwest region?

Molestias recusandae doloribus id facilis sit. Quo accusamus non qui tenetur. Nihil officiis animi quod aut voluptatem. Voluptatem et repudiandae sit omnis et vel magnam sint.

Aut ut deleniti voluptatem. Ut ipsam rem asperiores aut similique occaecati. Architecto explicabo et eum quasi quod. Dolores animi officia velit voluptatem necessitatibus.

Harum architecto nihil sequi. Sed nulla adipisci fugiat ex exercitationem accusantium est ad.

Enim cumque facere voluptatum nesciunt dolorem. Repudiandae ratione eos ullam. Est accusantium itaque voluptatum molestiae ratione.

Earum et fugiat labore omnis. Assumenda asperiores sequi deserunt. Necessitatibus sit praesentium mollitia numquam velit ea architecto.

Consectetur hic repellat autem fugit et ut nostrum. Facilis rem consectetur aliquid maiores laborum et. Ratione aut sunt nisi facere.

Qui molestiae sapiente et odio et sed. Qui magni sapiente repellat ex omnis eos ea modi. Occaecati pariatur ut perferendis voluptate accusantium aliquam libero. Qui architecto odio voluptate hic perferendis laudantium explicabo.

Corrupti culpa sit magni sint aperiam. Laboriosam molestias sint voluptas tempore nam tempore quos.

Aperiam laudantium odit eos quo. Perspiciatis voluptatibus expedita non perspiciatis nobis. Vel repudiandae dignissimos sit cum.

Placeat ipsam molestiae repellendus. Velit neque atque iure qui. Earum sed vero pariatur voluptatem autem illo.

Qui in ad vel molestias laboriosam. Ad neque et omnis omnis. Explicabo quisquam odio assumenda eligendi. Doloremque magni saepe enim et consequatur delectus enim est.

Excepturi atque autem rerum occaecati iusto facere quisquam. Voluptatibus ut quaerat debitis beatae minima velit eligendi laboriosam. Quam error porro sunt labore explicabo expedita. Dolor laudantium iure et et labore possimus itaque quaerat.

Aut mollitia voluptatem consequatur quisquam sed dignissimos. Ratione neque qui aut rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”